When did you stop being a PJ?

aquajoyice

I just saw a post on here about PJ'ism and realized that I am officially no longer a product junkie. After finding that my hair loves natural products I no longer feel the need to try every new conditioner and moisturizer. I'm happy with what I have and know that it works for me. :love:

Are there any of you out there that feel satisfied with your current products? And if so what product or products changed you from being a PJ?

MizzCoco

Aubrey Organics conditioners cured my PJ-ism...I fell in love with my hair, and I've been afraid to try anything else! I might try a new shampoo or leave in every once in a while, but I'm no where NEAR where I used to be

isabella09

Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm and Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream cured my moisturiser obsession. Before these products I had 3 – 4 moisturisers that I would mix together (badly and wasteful may I add) in order that my hair wouldn’t miss any ingredients. The moisturising combination of the Qhemet Biologics product’s works wonderfully for my hair; it feel’s soo soft and hydrated all day.

I feel happy to have finally found my staples and feel like I’m moving on to the next stage of my hair journey – the only thing I’m missing is a leave-in conditioner which I hope my recent purchase of Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner will fulfil - and do not plan on buying anything else apart from refills.

Last edited:

LaidBak

Messing up my hair with a bunch of experimental stuff cured me of PJism. I now know what categories of products work for me. I won't be trying the next big thing just because people are talking about it.

Taina

Well i just use Herbal Esscence Totally Twist for shampoo and conditioner, but all moisturizers and DC and any other treatments are natural, my hair like it, and so my pocket xD

BostonMaria

With me it was a few weeks ago when I figured out that all my hair idols are NOT PJ's. They all have long hair and extremely simple regimens. I have been very disappointed with most of the products I've bought online.

My hair loves butters, oils, Suave conditioner and rollersetting. I could probably spend $10 a month if I REALLY wanted to. Sounds boring though LOL

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
I just saw a post on here about PJ'ism and realized that I am officially no longer a product junkie. After finding that my hair loves natural products I no longer feel the need to try every new conditioner and moisturizer. I'm happy with what I have and know that it works for me. :love:

Are there any of you out there that feel satisfied with your current products? And if so what product or products changed you from being a PJ?

My PJism was basically limited to deep conditioners. When I found something I liked, I would stockpile it. The problem is, I found a lot of different things that worked for me. Now that I am transitioning, I am using up what I have and am seriously streamlining what I will repurchase. The PJism is dead because I know that my hair may start to hate things. It is such a good feeling to throw an empty container away.

BrownieBrie

When I put all 90% of my products in a box and didn't miiss them.
I have tried a lot of things and have been impresses by few. I have my staples (con, poo, dc, heat protectant, oil, serum and moisturizer) after those I need nothing.

La Colocha

I got tired too. Of buying alot of products and never use them. Ive wasted alot of money. I won't say the monster is dead because i still have urges sometimes and when i don't act on them its another step closer to recovery.

BeautifulRoots

I stopped when I started accumulating a HUGE hair grave yard of products that didn't work...I found out that less is more...I used to pile on products and they weren't doing much for me. One day, just got tired of apply so much product, used the essentials and been happy ever since. I now I have products that work for me, and it's a pretty simple process.

Forever in Bloom

When I discovered extravagant hair accessories, and decided to enjoy my hair by rockin' them somethin' fierce!

Unlike a mother who puts her child in Baby Phat 'cause it's a name brand, my hair could care less what brand or how much a product is - as long as it's clean, moisturized and hidden, all systems go :yep:

vkb247

This is exactly what happened for me. My hair got to the place where I need it to be and I hated the time and money I was spending.

aquajoyice

Messing up my hair with a bunch of experimental stuff cured me of PJism. I now know what categories of products work for me. I won't be trying the next big thing just because people are talking about it.
Yes and that is one thing I had to learn was to not jump on the PJ bandwagon. Because we all know what works for some doesn't work for all

aquajoyice

With me it was a few weeks ago when I figured out that all my hair idols are NOT PJ's. They all have long hair and extremely simple regimens. I have been very disappointed with most of the products I've bought online.

My hair loves butters, oils, Suave conditioner and rollersetting. I could probably spend $10 a month if I REALLY wanted to. Sounds boring though LOL
Sounds Smart if you ask me! We are in recession, LOL! And like you said all those with gorgeous hair have really simple regimens and aren't PJ's

aquajoyice

I stopped when I started accumulating a HUGE hair grave yard of products that didn't work...I found out that less is more...I used to pile on products and they weren't doing much for me. One day, just got tired of apply so much product, used the essentials and been happy ever since. I now I have products that work for me, and it's a pretty simple process.
Yeah that was a big problem for me too, the product graveyard in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. It got so bad I couldn't even store my cleaning supplies under there. And I felt so guilty about throwing products away after only using once and just gave them away. But it felt like such a waste of money.

TemiLnd

When I realised my old tried and tested products worked just fine!!! Now Im trying to finish off the excess products I have.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I could no longer justify using so many products after a few months and the initial excitement over the fact that I could have super long hair wore off. I only have one head of hair anyway. It was so much easier to stick to products that did the job in the least amount of time, without having to sit down and think about what product I'd have to mix with what to get the right result. I only needed 1 good shampoo, 1 protein conditioner, 1 DC and my moisturisers and 1 leave -in. My oils are a given. After that I stopped buying anything I didn't need and replaced what I used up.

baddison

natural for good
I stopped being a Product Junkie when I finally found the right combination of products (...and procedures, too...) that allow me go both grow my hair and retain my length.

I finally stopped being a PJ when I purchased a car for my 17 year old son earlier this month.

The extra $$ I spend on hair products could go towards a tank or two on gas, insurance, maintenance, paying off bills, etc,.

Like someone posted earlier, we're in a recession now. As a single parent, I don't have the extra $$ to be splurging on hair products like that anymore.

SherylsTresses

:spinning: I stopped being a PJ when I joined a No Product Buy Challenge by La Chocola (sp?). I learned my staple products and have not returned to rehab since. :lachen::lachen::lachen: