When is enough, enough?

Nay

A multimillionaire named Rockefeller was once asked, "How much money is needed to be happy?" And Mr. Rockefeller's response was, "Just a little bit more."

Now, this man was MEGA RICH, yet he wasn't satisfied!

What's my point? I find myself searching for "just one more product." I'm pretty happy with my routine, but if only I can find that elusive one more product, THEN I will be in hair heaven.

Do y'all find yourselves with this dilemma? Is the solution to JUST SAY NO!!

debyjay

I once saw a corny movie -- can't remember the name, anyway it asked the question when is enough enough at the beginning. It was a relationship movie, well at the end the answer to when is enough enough is never. If you love someone/something enough then you keep at it. Of course this could be debated to death. Maybe we should be satisfied -- you know? If it aint broke......

Not me though, Imma keep at it lol

buffalosoldier

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:

What's my point? I find myself searching for "just one more product." I'm pretty happy with my routine, but if only I can find that elusive one more product, THEN I will be in hair heaven.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one more "elusive hair product" may not come in a bottle or jar. It might be getting more rest, drinking more water, eating healthy, excercising or just being patient and letting nature takes it course.
However I do know exactly what you are referring to but these days I"ve gotten pretty good about not compulsively buying hair stuff. I just remind myself that I dont need it. (I HATE clutter.) However I still do like to have a good look ......

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said: Do y'all find yourselves with this dilemma? Is the solution to JUST SAY NO!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So far, I haven't run out of products that tempt me, but there isn't as much of a feeling of urgency to buy and try them as I felt in April when I began caring for my relaxed hair. I've slowed my roll.

No matter how many compliments I get on my hair, it's never LONG enough. I think this is so for many of the forum members who have healthy hair care habits but who haven't reached their length goals.

Nay

Buffalosoldier, you are so right! Those things you listed are truly important for hair health and overall health. Good point!

Megonw, I'm about to slow my roll too. Actually, my roll just started about two months ago, but I seemed to be traveling downhill and going fast. There's something about hearing about all these products on this board that makes you think, "I'd better try that."

I just bought a couple new conditioners (but they were only 88 cents each), and I want to try the Elasta QP mango butter, so I will buy a jar soon. But I'm quitting after that (said with feeling!!)

My hair really is looking the best it's ever looked already. I need to kick back and enjoy it and stop believing that the grass is greener somewhere else (or in some other product)

kyla

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
Buffalosoldier, you are so right! Those things you listed are truly important for hair health and overall health. Good point!

Megonw, I'm about to slow my roll too. Actually, my roll just started about two months ago, but I seemed to be traveling downhill and going fast. There's something about hearing about all these products on this board that makes you think, "I'd better try that."

I just bought a couple new conditioners (but they were only 88 cents each), and I want to try the Elasta QP mango butter, so I will buy a jar soon. But I'm quitting after that (said with feeling!!)

My hair really is looking the best it's ever looked already. I need to kick back and enjoy it and stop believing that the grass is greener somewhere else (or in some other product)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.

offthechainliz

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:

I find myself searching for "just one more product." I'm pretty happy with my routine, but if only I can find that elusive one more product, THEN I will be in hair heaven.

Do y'all find yourselves with this dilemma? Is the solution to JUST SAY NO!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can totally relate.