Question...Is BSL good enough? Once you hit BSL...(long)

MonaLisa

Hi all-

Just curious...

Once you hit BSL do you feel like you should keep at it and shoot for waist length? Or is BSL good enough?

I was hair "observing" today...it's funny how I have lapsed into moments of staring now...anyhoo...I peeped this young woman on the train platform with waist length hair and how she would toss her hair and another one at the Dominican salon that was getting her hair blown out...it seemed like it took for-eva! Beautiful...but it seemed like a lot of work.

Even though I admired the beauty and length of the waist length hair...it just seemed like a lot to me. I get more excited when I see the brastrap chicks cause that's all I really want to get to along with having healthy hair. I think that's a manageable length for me. Past that...I don't knowwwww....

I'm one who once I get to my goal of BSL Healthy Hair..I just want to go into maintenance mode. I was wondering if the majority felt this way or do most have the goal to keep pushing to the waist? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Nay

I'm curious to see how long my hair will get, but I don't have a specific goal in mind. If it doesn't get any longer than it is, that will be okay. I like the length it is now.

Carlie

I think it really depends on the person. Personally, once my hair gets past BSL, I can't see myself grabbing the scissors so often just to keep it that length. Me and the scissors don't get along that well....
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

NGC

I don't know. My initial goal was BSL but now that doesn't seem long enough.....

Carlie

I think when it comes to hair, most people have "hair anorexia." It looks long from a distance....but once you reach one length, you want another length....
it'll never be long enough...

But then again...I could be wrong...

MonaLisa

Carlie...did you just say...hair..anorexia?
LOL.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Okay...I feel what you ladies are saying...I feel that I'm saying BSL would work for me...cause I'm real lazy when it comes to the hair.

I say what I say now...but Carlie's probably right. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

inthepink

I liked my hair longer than bra strap length. Since you are with your hair as it grows, you gradually adjust to the length so it's not like suddenly you have 30 inches of hair and don't know what to do with it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

carletta

once I get to bsl I'll be happy and content. If I can keep my hair healthy and it grows to that lenght, I'll be happy w/that also( I won't be shooting for waist lenght-if it happens, it happens.)

MizAvalon

I am already a little past bra-strap and I'm shooting for waist length. Bra-strap is not that difficult to take care of and honestly is not long to me. I want LONG, princess hair and I'm not there yet. I already had a pretty high bar on what I thought long hair was, but since returning from Hawaii and seeing what long hair REALLY is, that bar has been raised even higher. Now, if I get to a length where it becomes difficult to do something simple, say wash, then I think I'll stop, lol. But until then, I'm just gonna keep on going.

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
my hair is an inch or 2 (i just did a major trim) below bsl and i plan on letting it grow as long as it wants to. why did my husband tell me that he was going to divorce me if i let my hair grow to my butt? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif the long hair hate i have to deal with! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I agree. I'm almost to my bra strap and now I dont consider that long hair. Although people tell me my hair is long, I consider it to be medium length. I will consider my hair long when its 4" below my BS and when it reached my waist! I cant wait, I have a about a year to go until my hair is waist-length.

dreemssold

Like, NGC, I originally wanted top of bra strap, but now that doesn't seem long enough. Now, though, I only want bottom of bra strap. Once I get there, I do not think I will want it any longer than that. While I think waist-length and longer hair is pretty, it's not for me. I like my hair to look somewhat done (I love curls), and I don't know how feasible that is once your hair reaches a certain length.

Ayeshia

Im just curious to see how long my hair will grow. If I do reach waist length, I hope my natural hair wont be a chore (washing,detangling...)

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I think bra strap length is enough for me. I have never considered waist length. Bottom of bra strap is my current goal and that's enough for right now.

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
carletta said:
once I get to bsl I'll be happy and content.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. My next goal will be to get it all the same length. (The front sides are shorter right now.) But I'll trim to stay around bra strap length.

InsertCleverNameHere

I want waist length hair. I odn't know if that was my original goal. In fact, I don't even remember if I had any goals. But right now it's to waist. However, if I got about 4 more inches and evened it out, I wouldn't complain.

J

JenniferMD

I'll be extremely happy with BSL hair. After I reach that, longer will be nice but it won't matter as much.

Mariaat40

I think brastrap will be long enough for me. But I do admit I look at Adrienne's hair and think....sigh /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif But I work out almost everyday, so I condition wash everyday, and the thought of all that work...

options

I've never had hair longer than shoulder-length. Right now, it's collar/chin-length. I'll be happy when I get to the shoulders again. If I ever reach bra-strap, wow, I'll be a happy camper.

Britt

Top of bra strap is more than good enough for me. If I can get there with healthy hair I will surely be jumping for joy /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
we'll see when i get there. my bra strap seems eons away. so i'll probably be happy IF i get there but get greedy and go for waist length.

MonaLisa

Wowwwww...and here I thought I was all alone in the hair world to be content with bsl. I think Dreemsold summed it up best what I was feeling in staying at that length once reached.

*You are not aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeee...I am herrrrrre with youuuu* /images/graemlins/violin.gif

Cleo

I personally think I'll be happy with my hair a little past bra-strap. I'm at bra-strap now with layers, so once I attain about 2 more inches I will focus on health.

I don't think I can deal with waist length hair. Just thinking about taking care of it is daunting. /images/graemlins/look.gif I don't have the patience. I like it on others though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
carletta said:
once I get to bsl I'll be happy and content. If I can keep my hair healthy and it grows to that lenght, I'll be happy w/that also( I won't be shooting for waist lenght-if it happens, it happens.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here