When the Dominicans blow dry natural hair straight

BandB2003

is this damaging to the hair? My sister gets her natural hair blow dried straight at the Dominican Salon I go to. It looks like she has a perm when they are done. Anyway, is this damaging for her hair? She gets it done twice a month. Please let me know if this is bad for her hair or not. Thanks.

cutebajangirl

A lot of the ladies here love it and don't have any problems with it. I personally don't think it is a good idea. I have never yet had it done without the stylist pulling at my hair and burning my head. I had this done alot when I younger and too shy to speak up. Also for me it completely removes the elasticity and curl from my hair even when I only get the roots done. Other people can still have curl when it is done. So to each their own I guess.

asummertyme

i dont like it either allthough i dont think its bad when done once in a while. but i have had it done b4 and it feels like they r pulling the crap outa my hair, and it's drying....not my thing

adrienne0914

i think it depends on the stylist, if they use too much heat, and how often it's done. i personally wouldn't do it every two weeks, but every now and then should be okay...