When? What? How to use which oils?

Salsarisma

There are so many great suggestions for oils to use for sealing, etc. I looked through my stash and realized I have a lot of oils/sealants and I have no idea when to use which. I have EVCO, EVOO, Kera Kare Silken Seak, Look Wow Argan Oil, Aveda Brilliant Gloss, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shine Serum, and Avocado Oil.

I am relaxed, currently stretching to 26 weeks. I wash and DC my hair once a week, co wash once a week, and wear buns 5 days a week. How can I tell when to use which oil/sealant? I use EVCO, ECOO, and Avocado oil as a pre poo. I moisturize and seal daily with whichever oil is closest, but I feel like there should be a rhyme and reason for using each of them. I would also like to add JBCO to my regimen, but I'm not sure if it has a place right now? TIA!

JuiceMobsta

Well I prepoo with EVOO, then deep condition and seal with EVCO. You can add the JBCO, just use it on your scalp(place in color applicator bottle). I would say to stick with coconut oil as your sealant for awhile because it penetrates the hair shaft the most. Just use one oil at a time to see which one works best for you.

lboogie2679

I was watching a youtube vid and one young lady used some of her oils in her deep conditioning treatment. She also added a concoction to her moisturizing detangler to spray her newgrowth and keep it moisturized. Sounded like a good idea to me so I am going to try it.

lamaria211

i made a garlic oil prepoo using evoo and evco. and i usually add evco to my deep conditioners!
i believe that avocdo oil is a protein though so be careful how and when u use that one.HTH

darlingdiva

Out of the oils that you mentioned, I have EVCO and avocado oil. I use EVCO to seal my ends. I also apply it to my fingers when I undo my braids for a braidout.
I use avocado oil on top of Aphogee 2-min when I DC, and I use it as a prepoo when my hair is straight.

leigh.hill

I use avocado oil on my scalp and ends.

EVOO and EVCO in DC and pre-poo. EVCO to seal.

Hell, I gave you the NTG crap since you like the leave-in! After much research on this forum, I try to follow the routine of CW or POO, Leave-in, Serum, Heat Protectant, Seal - though I could be wrong, you know I am a newbie.

So after a co-wash, I apply a serum (generic version of PM skinny serum), then a leave-in. Next, I apply the serum (for shine), followed by Chi Keratin Mist (as a heat protectant) and coconut oil (for sealing).

What is JBCO?

~NanCeBoTwin~

What is JBCO?

Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

I use this in an app bottle and apply directly to my scalp 3 times a week or so I also just started adding it to my DC :lick:.

I use my EVCO to seal.

Alot of my oils that I no longer use on a regular, I'll throw in my hair for a quick oil rinse or I'll make concoction for a pre poo, if I'm not using my regular pre poo mix of Ayurvedic Oils.