Votes: 45 23.2%
  • Wavy, Lots of Body or Texture

Votes: 126 64.9%
  • Simple Dos- buns and ponytails

Votes: 23 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isis

I've never worn my hair slick and straight so I don't know what that experience would be like.

I love my hair thick and textured with lots of body (like my pincurl set) as well as in my braided buns and ponytail. I always get compliments. :yep:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i like my hair in a bun or occasional puff. people prefer i wear it straight and i hate when its straight.

TLC1020

Others prefer the long sleek look and braidout while I prefer the bun. I prefer the bun b/c it defitnitley has worked wonders in the overall health and length of my hair.

mrsjohnson75

I like texturized hair styles like twist outs or my shake and gos. When I straighten my hair, I get more praise. Do you find that you prefer a certain look on you? Do others prefer another style?

I'm just like you, I love big curly hair on me (like in my avatar). When its straight I get more compliemnts though..

My Dh calls my big hair (Oprah hair):lachen:

imstush

I prefer straight and sleek, and I actually get tons of compliments when I wear my hair that way. As opposed to my sometimes wng.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Right now I prefer buns and up do's. Once I get to my goal length wavy will be my style of choice. Either by blow drying then rolling my hair on satin rollers or wearing wash and go's depending on the season.

prospurr4

I prefer big, textured twistouts or curly spiral sets. I also get more compliments from others when I wear these as opposed to straight styles.

Katherina

i voted straight and sleek...but i think that's because i miss having straight hair (haven't straightened in 10.5 mos). my hair is ALWAYS big or up.

PerplexingComplex

I like to wear my natural hair out like a wash-n-go, but more like spritz-n-fluff-n-go (washing my hair everyday would be horrible for my hair). The "why don't you do your hair" look. lol

When I wear my hair straightened, it's always in an updo or pulled out of my face. My friends think I'm so weird, but straight hair does not frame my face how I want it.

nymane

Before LHCF & learning about braid outs, flexi rods etc...I use to wear straight/sleek roller set 95% of the time....NOW, I love love love braid outs and other textured styles. They're much easier for me, in terms of time, styling, and I retain more hair.

kooskoos

GREAT QUESTION OP! Ummm...I prefer big, obnoxious hair :lachen: People really like it on me too. I get more compliments when my hair is big than when it's straight.

lilsparkle825

my mom and i got dominican blowouts, and the compliments from friends and family just keep coming. definitely got a few "your hair looks MUCH better straight" comments. however, we both prefer big hair (fluffed out fro, twistout, WNGs).

fyb87

I prefer big hair. Wash-n-Go's are my favorite. However, after the WnG has been worn a few days or 4 days, I twist it do to a twist-out for another week or so. That's what I've been doing recently since it has been raining for almost a month straight. Normally I just WnG's all the time.

brucebettye

I love my hair wavy, curly, coily, and big. I have not straightened my hair in over 2 years. Also I get tired of some of my friends offering to flat iron my hair so they can see how long my hair really is.

Bene

This is kind of hard to answer. I prefer my natural waves and curls, but the option also says "lots of body and texture" I don't like big poofy hair. I oil and damp bun my hair to avoid big poofy hair. From my point of view lots of body and texture translates to big poofy hair.

I do like straight hair, and I receive lots of compliments when I straighten it. But pin straight ends look so artificial, so I like to bun after I flat iron to give it a subtle wave.

jennboo

I prefer big, textured hair on myself as well on other people, including other races of women, lol.

I look back at pics of me when i had straight hair and although the hair itself looked fine, in my opinion i look better with natural hairstyles.

I'm not sure about others' preferences with my hair though. Everyone new i meet seems to love the way my hair is now. I guess i'd have to ask folks to take a look at pics of me with straight hair and ask them what they think, lol.

ms.blue

I prefer my hair in braidout w/ a banana clip but most people like my hair straight. When my sister see my natural hair she calls me "Mother Africa".

sunnieb

I prefer buns, ponytails, and updos. Everyone else likes my hair down and straight or curly from a bantu knot out.

DozenRoses99

I prefer twist-outs, but most people prefer it when my hair is straight. However, I usually wear buns because they are more convenient for me. Most people think that my buns are super boring....

danigurl18

I personally like big curly hair but I get more attention from black males when it's straight.. I get attention from men of different races when it's big and curly