Which product has changed your (hair) life?

Divine Inspiration

Hi girls!
Quick questions:
1.What is your FAVORITEST, MOST BESTEST, MOST WONDERFULEST product in the world? I'm talking about the one you wanna be the spokeswoman for because it's THAT good. I'm looking for the products that changed your hair game.
2.What is your hair type?
3.Are you natural or relaxed or texturized or in between??

Back story: I'm making cute little hair care baskets for my best friends and I've already tailored most of the products to meet their specific needs (i.e. poos/cons that serve specific purposes etc) but I'd like to add 2-3 other items per basket. One of them is relaxed and the other is transitioning so I'm looking for life saving, can't-live-without products....

Input is *greatly* appreciated... :)

carameldiva

I'm natural- type 3c/4a- hmmm... my best product- hard decision it would be between my liquid aloe vera that i add to my conditioners or my glycerin that i mix with water and use as a leave-in/daily moisturizer.

WesternEyes

I'm texturized type 3c- i'm gonna say Cream of Nature. I love this shampoo, it makes washing so easy, my hair is soft as silk afterwards(and that's without conditioner). As for conditioners, my hair loves silicones, so Pantene's deep moisturizing conditioners are excellent.

brittanynic16

1. I love love love Salerm 21!! After washing and conditioning it is the only thing I use until my next wash.

2. 4a

3. 100% Natural baby!!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Im 4a/b relaxed and what has change my hairs life issss, well so far:
Dominican products: Capilo (allows me to comb through NG w/o breakage or getting stuck, it softens, add shine and moisture.
Deep condition: homemade Avacodo and coconut milk add plenty of moisture
Moisture for my ends: EQP mango butter (my ends have never been this moist and keeps them healthy, I also add EVOO to it to make the texture more creamy)
over all moisture (especially for the NG) S-curl has allowed me to continue stretching to 16wks, (I'm currently at 12wks post relaxer. HTH

Atiramisu

1. I've been using Sweet Almond Oil as a daily moisturizer and I haven't needed any other daily leave-ins. My hair is much smoother/softer.

2. I'm a 4, but I don't know the difference between a/b.

3. Relaxed.

BeautifulWideEyes, I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind:

a.) Were you always able to stretch to 16 weeks? (I tried stretching to 8 and it was a nightmare.) If so, how often did you previously relax and how did you work up to 16 weeks. Also, how do you wear your hair daily during the stretch time?

b.) Where do you buy/order your Avocado (unrefined oil?) and coconut milk and how do you use this combo during your deep conditioning?

Thanks!
~AT

ichephren

4a Textulaxed
Elucence moisture balance. I use it as a deep conditioner, regular conditioner, leave-in, and an ends treatment before going to sleep. It is so moisturizing that I rank it up there with 10 en 1.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

No, before LHCf I would have never thought of stretching, so this is my first stretch and was murder for my head around my normal relaxing time, which was every 2 months/8wks. I started us S-curl as suggested in another thread ( I dilluted mine because it was too gooey at first) and the Dominican prod. made combing out during and after shampooing soooo easy. I actually bought an Avacodo from the market and the Coconut milk by Goya (only add 1 cup to 1 avacodo peeled and take the seed out) and put them in a blender on puree, it is used w/heat for 15-20 min.. I keep it stored in an old cond. container and I received 3 uses out of it. I keep my hair in 6 platts, cornrows, 2 strand twist, or 2 french braids. No problem :)
Atiramisu said:
1. I've been using Sweet Almond Oil as a daily moisturizer and I haven't needed any other daily leave-ins. My hair is much smoother/softer.

2. I'm a 4, but I don't know the difference between a/b.

3. Relaxed.

BeautifulWideEyes, I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind:

a.) Were you always able to stretch to 16 weeks? (I tried stretching to 8 and it was a nightmare.) If so, how often did you previously relax and how did you work up to 16 weeks. Also, how do you wear your hair daily during the stretch time?

b.) Where do you buy/order your Avocado (unrefined oil?) and coconut milk and how do you use this combo during your deep conditioning?

Thanks!
~AT

Last edited:

Bmm

Can I just say all Salerm products period, I am...or think I am 4a,b.

Salerm is the ish. I use to use Keracare...I still liek them...but salerm oh lord!!!

shalom

Well, since coming to the LHCF I've found out about using glycerin products as a moisturizer so for the last three months I've been using World of Curls gel and it is fabulous on my hair. I'm all natural. ;) thanks, ladies.

LongIslandBeauty

Products: Most Dominican Conditioners & Salerm21. How could I forget Castor Oil!!!
Type: 4a, some 4b & 3c
Hair: Relaxed ends, texlaxed hair with transitioners new growth

Last edited:

natstar

Product that changed my (hair) life
This is a hard one seeing as how I wanna list 5 or 6 products but I think my unrefined (cheapy) shea butter is great. Also I like my Elucence products.

cocopuff

Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo

Oyin Greg Juice

MyHoneyChild Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease

MyHoneyChild Jamaica Islands Shampoo

My hair is 100% natural 4A-3C

Cheleigh

Product that most changed-probably flexirods and my homemade moisturizing spritz. Other--Jamaican mango & lime cactus leave-in moisturizer. Love this stuff.

Hair type: mostly 4a & 4b

1/3 natural and 2/3 relaxed

ETA: Stuff I forgot.

AudraChanell

1.What is your FAVORITEST, MOST BESTEST, MOST WONDERFULEST product in the world? Salerm Wheat Germ

2.What is your hair type? 3b/c

3.Are you natural or relaxed or texturized or in between?? Relaxed (mild for 10 mins)

Divine Inspiration

PerfectDoak said:
That's a really nice idea, Divine Inspiration :)

1. Coconut oil
2. 3b/c
3. Transitioning (70-80% relaxed?)

Thank you girl! They ask me hair questions all the time so I figure there would be no better way impart my goodies than a big ol Christmas basket! :lol:

LADIES, thank you SO much!!! You guys have been really helpful...I see a lot of Elucence, Dominican goodies, and S-curl so I'm gonna continue adding to my baskets...

Other suggestions are always welcome. :)

angelbaby

Elucence.....EVERYTHING! This line works WONDERS for my hair. I don't even have to put in any leave in conditioners or oils. My hair stays soft, silky, and pliable with this line.

4a or b....not sure honestly.

Affirm mild relaxed.

hot_pepper96

1. Relaxed
2. Not sure what hair type (Just know my hair is fine)

I would have to say SoftSheen Carson Breakthru Shampoo (This detangles my hair so well.)

KeraCare Humecto because of the moisture and detangling benefits it gives me.

S-Curl because it kept my hair moisturized and slicked down when I was 8 weeks into a relaxer.