Which product line was your first?

bronzebomb

Hello Hair Beauties,

I've been organizing my hair stash and thinking about when I decided to transition to natural hair. I looked at the Carol's Daughter and said, "Ah, This is the First Product Line that I ever tried!" Now although I've gone on to try other products there are a few things in the CD line that I still like.

What was your first product introduction to Natural Hair? Do you still use it now?

Last edited:

Forever in Bloom

Funny enough, it was Carol's Daughter. I purchased the kit that had about 6 items in it. The only things I liked were the Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Lisa’s Hair Elixir. This was around September 2007 when I was still transitioning :drunk:

ETA: I don't use Carol's Daughter anymore. I gave it to my sister who uses it on my 4 year old niece and her hair always smells delish!

davisbr88

Mine was Donna Marie :)
I still use it to this day, but am transitioning to another line.

Last edited:

Vashti

African Pride braid spray. I haven't used it since I stopped wearing braids a few years ago.

beanie44

Jessicurl product line, I still use Too Shea Condish and WDT luv that stuff, but I don't like the rest so much, plus I hate waiting for shipping so I keep the conditioners in stock and use local product for everything else.

silenttullip

Aubrey Organics... I still love almost all of their conditioners that I've tried
too bad the shampoos don't compare or I'd be strictly aubrey.

PearlyCurly

WOW, i must be a product junkie because i cannot remember:blush:
Its probably between Mixed Chicks & Kinky Curly.

Hated KCCC, i still use the Leave-In.

Mixed Chicks was blahhh, the leave-in is very "milky", the shampoo was nothing special & the conditioner couldnt have been made for curly hair:look:
I actually had a hard time getting the Mixed Chicks, the Fedex guy was horrible!!! But the owners was really nice and funny.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
The first time I went natural was in 2006. I was co washing exclusively and I used V05 Oasis and Blueberries and Cream.

Both were discontinued in the same month that I started using them. :(

AnotherLevel

Karen's Body Beautiful!! I remember watching BeautifulBrwnBabydoll on YouTube and she said she used KBB. I placed a huge order while I was still transitioning!!! On the day of my BC, I couldn't wait to apply my KBB Hair Milk (what it was called back then, lol) so my hair can curl up in beautiful super soft little curls... it didn't :/.

It's now nearly 2 years later and I still have some of her stuff (not from the original order... I reordered a few times). It works great on my 3 yo daughter’s 3C hair. Not all was lost :).

Prudent1

Carol's daughter, WEN, & Ojon. I was so excited & bought them all @ once. I don't use anything from them anymore.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Long Hair Care Forum App

ThickRoot

Karen's Body Beautiful. I'm not natural but I switched to natural products because other products cause build up on my hair. I still use the juicy poo bar.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

fletgee

Wanakee.

And I am thinking of starting with that line again. My hair thrived and it was a simple reggie.

babayred_86

Oyin, but I've also incorporated items from Butters-n-bars, Bee mine, Darcy's botanical and some homemade mixes

AlliCat

Organic Roost Stimulator took my hair care virginity lol
I don't use the products anymore (still have some left over from my PJ days), but it's still a good line tho

chebaby

carols daughter. i was in love with her stuff. in 2 months time i had all of her hair and body stuff. that was the most moisturized my relaxed ends had ever felt using her hair butter(this was back when it was an actual butter and not a cream).

SimJam

Qhemet , Darcys Botanicals and Oyin got them all at the same time, still use them and plan to try most if not al the products in these lines.

before this I never used a product line per se, just a mish mash of products from a number of lines