White Co-worker having hair problems

vickiepickles

All About Me!
Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you guys some hair problems my co-worker is having. She has gone through a terrible divorce this year and has let her health go down due to the stress of it and her hair has suffered tremendously. It is normally down her back with a perm. Well, she went a couple days ago to the hairdresser to get highlights and another perm, but the stylist would not do it. She asked her if she had been ill or taking drugs because her hair was so damaged and unhealthy. Stylist told her that she needs to do some deep conditioning to her hair and to baby it to get it healthy again before she could do any type of chemical process to it. She ended up having about 5 inches of her hair cut into a cut style and now it is about 3 inches past her shoulders. She got the damaged ends cut off and I gave her some Jason Shampoo/Conditioner and some deep conditioners to use. So see, we aren't the only ones that get hair issues. Wish I could find a caring hairstylist like she has though!

Kalani

Wow, thats too bad about her divorce impacting her like that! No part of the body seems to be safe from the negative impact of stress.
She should take B-vitamin complex for the stress and magnesium. Partnered with healthy meals and plenty of rest she will notice a huge improvement!

ClassicChic

I use to work with a white woman who had lupus. I know that she was once on some meds that thinned her hair and her stylist would not perm it until she was off this certain medication. Once I had started working there she had a perm but I overheard her telling another woman this.

Queenie

Wow, that's awful for your coworker. At least her sylist is caring. I've never heard of someone refusing to do a touch-up relaxer. Has anyone ever heard of that?

syoulee1

[ QUOTE ]
Queenie said:
Wow, that's awful for your coworker. At least her sylist is caring. I've never heard of someone refusing to do a touch-up relaxer. Has anyone ever heard of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

A long time ago a stylist that I went to would not give me a touch-up because my hair had been damaged previously. She was an "old school" stylist though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kalani

[ QUOTE ]
Queenie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My old stylist Maria. It had been a little over a month but she preferred to wait 3 monthes for re-touches. She didn't speak much english but managed to say "no good, time too little" or something to that extent. I realized she was trying to tell me it was too soon. She gave me a nice shampoo and fabulous rollerset instead(for the whopping price of $12).
Unforunatey, she doesn't do hair anymore. Man, do I miss her!

swannie

[ QUOTE ]
Queenie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me once, after I went for a touchup just 4 weeks after a previous touchup.

Faith

Not much help to offer just wanted to say that is an awesome pic of Thandie...she's so beautiful. <Faith exiting thread now /images/graemlins/laugh.gif>