White people with type 4 hair

caligirl

Have you ever seen a white person with type 4 hair? I remember a white girl back in high school with the most beautiful thick, kinky and long hair. She could put it in a ponytail then make like 8 thick braids out of that one ponytail! Her hair was blond but straight up kinky. Kids at school used to tease her and say she had nappy hair.

Yep. I know a number of Jewish people with type 4 hair. In fact, the first Dominican salon I went to was a referral from a Jewish lady. I also went to college with an Italian girl with kinky hair...she had a hard time finding a white salon that could give her a relaxer, but was too scurred to come with me to get her hur did in El Barrio :sekret:

Yes just recently at Astroworld. It's always kind of wierd to see that. The little girl was not albino because that was my first thought. She has white skin, blue eyes and everything. She had blond hair and it was kinky. She was too cute but I'm sure her mom has no idea what to do with her hair.

Yes, like Webby I've seen a few Jewish people with type 4 hair. Little funny side note: One day last week one of my White co-workers who I'm friendly with was talking about her hair, and needing to do something with it. She then said something about it being "nappy". I was like "what did you say?" and she repeated it. I heard her just fine, I just had never heard a non-Black refer to their hair in that term. She's not Jewish but rather Irish/German with very wavy coarse red hair.

There's a white girl in one of my classes with beautiful kinky hair, but it looks very dry. And she may not be a natural blond, so it could look dry because of that, too. And it's always frizzy. I want to slip her a scrap of paper with the website for LHCF or naturallycurly, but I'm scurred to! :lol:

Yes! I just saw one today in my class. :yep: And her hair was blonde and she had blue eyes!

Yup, best friend was one of them. She had very frizzy, dry, wiry hair. She eventually relaxed and that changed her hair texture permanently though.

Honey01 said:
Yes, like Webby I've seen a few Jewish people with type 4 hair. Little funny side note: One day last week one of my White co-workers who I'm friendly with was talking about her hair, and needing to do something with it. She then said something about it being "nappy". I was like "what did you say?" and she repeated it. I heard her just fine, I just had never heard a non-Black refer to their hair in that term. She's not Jewish but rather Irish/German with very wavy coarse red hair.

I have heard a number of whites refer to their hair as nappy. The Italian girl in my class always said she had "nappy, kinky" hair.

Do you remember "Dapainga" from the TV show "Boy Meets World"? That girl had some kinky hair. In the episodes where she is older, its been straightened though.

I know a white girl at my college with nappy hair.........she says that is is because her family is the last of they Gypsies.
Victoria Gotti said that her natural hair is very "ethnic" in texture. :lachen:
Many of you may not know this but there is a relaxer brand marketed specifically for white women. I've seen it sold in CVS for $40. Victoria Gotti and Paris Hilton have these products used to straighten their hair.

And since we are talking about white folk....
Alot of white girls have very thick, dry, hay like hair and many of them I know use Soft and Beautiful relaxer to soften and straighten out their hair.
All of my white male friends use "black" hair oils (African pride, Africa's best,hot 6) to combat dandruff.
And alot of white people at my job own that big jar of coconut oil hair grease to add shine to their hair.
I turned a white lady on my job into using Soft and Beautiful HMC for her hair for moisture. She said the black lady looked at her funny when she went to check out with her "black" conditioner. :lachen:

Last edited:
CatSuga said:
And alot of white people at my job own that big jar of coconut oil hair grease to add shine to their hair.
hmmm... i may hafta cop me some of this stuff! :D

caligirl said:
Have you ever seen a white person with type 4 hair? I remember a white girl back in high school with the most beautiful thick, kinky and long hair. She could put it in a ponytail then make like 8 thick braids out of that one ponytail! Her hair was blond but straight up kinky. Kids at school used to tease her and say she had nappy hair.
Every race & ethnicity has the "nappy stands of hair" but no one wants to claim them.... Blacks are the only ones who can't get away from them even if you tried.... But there is a type 4 everywhere!!:lol:

Poohbear said:
hmmm... i may hafta cop me some of this stuff! :D

23276.gif

I was shocked to see that white folks use this. :lachen:

CatSuga said:
I know a white girl at my college with nappy hair.........she says that is is because her family is the last of they Gypsies.

Is she seriously a Gypsy? My husband is gypsy and none of them nor his cousins, aunts, uncles, etc have nappy hair.. that's interesting..

RushGirl said:
Is she seriously a Gypsy? My husband is gypsy and none of them nor his cousins, aunts, uncles, etc have nappy hair.. that's interesting..

Gypsies have nappy hair.

webby said:
Yep. I know a number of Jewish people with type 4 hair. In fact, the first Dominican salon I went to was a referral from a Jewish lady. I also went to college with an Italian girl with kinky hair...she had a hard time finding a white salon that could give her a relaxer, but was too scurred to come with me to get her hur did in El Barrio :sekret:

WOW!! It's funny that you posted this, I was just about to post something similar. I have two instructors of Jewish decent and they both have bushy/kinky hair. I just thought it was them two in particular, but I'm guessing by your post that its not uncommon for Jewish people to have hair that appears kinky like those of African decent.

I've seen Jews with bushy coarse hair but never type 4 hair. When I think of type 4, I imagine peasy hair that resembles brillo as it grows out, sort of like Whoopie Goldberg from the Color Purple. I have never seen a white person with that type of hair.

caligirl said:

Oh yes I have. It was mind-boggling to say the least.

there is a white guy at my church with what appears to be 4b hair. I'm amazed every time I see it because he keeps shellacking it straight back with some shiny hard gel stuff and it ends up looking like a helmet. Wanna visulize what I mean? think of the last black guy you saw who tried to act like they had straight hair by greasing and shellacking it back....bingo. I mean gaps between the shellacked parts and all! I keep wanting to go up to him and tell him that he'd be better off just shaving it close.

Oh Lawd, godzooki! What a sight! :lol:

I've only seen one white person with nappy hair: Garfunkel from the singing duo Simon&Garfunkel. That dude has a straight up frrrro!

I've seen this white man that paints beautiful paintings on a local channel in my area. He doesn't live in my area, so maybe some of you ladies have seen him too. When I see him again I will do a search on him and post his pic. Not sure if it's type 4 yet, because I barely can picture his hair right now...but he has a huge wiry fro.

Wait a minute! What about the guy who played the loan shark on one of the Sister Sister episodes? Wasn't he in one of Mariah Carey's videos? Who is he, and what type of hair is that?

NYKittin said:
I've seen Jews with bushy coarse hair but never type 4 hair. When I think of type 4, I imagine peasy hair that resembles brillo as it grows out, sort of like Whoopie Goldberg from the Color Purple. I have never seen a white person with that type of hair.

LOL at "peasy hair that resembles brillo." I know this is wrong, but you had me rolling.

I can think of 2 white people who appear to have type 4 hair but I really think their hair may be 3bc but has a big layer of frizz over it from not knowing how to take care of it. Either that or its just more than one hair type. But both their hair looked really dry and not at their optimal so you would really be able to clearly see the type. One of them was a natural blond I believe. I didn't really know her, she went to my school, but I never saw any roots, so I'm pretty sure she was.

tru_mind said:
I've seen this white man that paints beautiful paintings on a local channel in my area. He doesn't live in my area, so maybe some of you ladies have seen him too. When I see him again I will do a search on him and post his pic. Not sure if it's type 4 yet, because I barely can picture his hair right now...but he has a huge wiry fro.

I think you mean Bob Ross:

Don't Fro there!

I'm thinking he's a 3b/c or something... sometimes it looks like type 4...but not Macy Gray type 4.

That man has been painting pictures since I was four. He disturbed me then and he disturbs me now. :lol:

ThursdayGirl said:
I think you mean Bob Ross:

Don't Fro there!

I'm thinking he's a 3b/c or something... sometimes it looks like type 4...but not Macy Gray type 4.

Back