who do black women do this? lol

Dejuan42

Why do black women cut their hair short but enough to attach weave but the weave be almost down to their butt. I ask them why you cut your hair? same response "I can't do nothing with long hair" but yet they get weave down to their butt lol

HairFanatic01

i DONT KNOW....I guess when you have long hair then thats all you can do is long hair styles ((which can be limited)), so with a weave they have more options and ways of making new looks. And with a long weave they can take it down anytime they want to!
Then you just have other women who just don't know what the hell to do with their hair.

pebbles

I wonder what woman will have long hair, to begin with, only to cut it off and put a weave instead?
Is that true? If so what's the point? I know a few women who had really long hair, beyond bra strap, who cut their hair because they wanted a new look. They won't wear a weave, not even for a day or for a special occasion. Sometimes I wonder....

Nonie

I think another reason is, with a weave they could do whatever the heck they want. Curl it, wear it down, cut it into layers, use cheap holding sprays with alcohol, dye it...basically abuse it all they want in the name of looking good, knowing next month they can still have healthy looking hair without split ends by just making a trip to a stylist. Their very own long hair wouldn't have been so forgiving. To keep it looking good and healthy would take a lot of work - a sacrifice they might not be willing to make.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do black women cut their hair short but enough to attach weave but the weave be almost down to their butt. I ask them why you cut your hair? same response "I can't do nothing with long hair" but yet they get weave down to their butt lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great mystery to me too! My cousin had shoulder length hair, cut it down to about two inches, texturized it, and now sports a weave that's about 3 inches longer than her original shoulder length hair.

prettygirl

I think that the black women love diversity in the hair style and normally donot have the patience to grow their hair to that long then when they feel for a change it is hard because they have grown attached to their hair

Karonica

I think the main reason why women with long hair cut it short is for the versatility. If they want their long hair back, they can simply add a weave. Or when they want a really short style, they can take the weave out. I knew a girl who did this. She cut her bra-strap length hair off to sport an ultra short cut, only to throw a weave in that was bra-strap a month later.

I was just thinking. This isn't just a black women thing. I know a couple of white women who had weaves and phonytails.

ineedmoney

i know people who do that. they either cut it because of damage or because the are naturally sisscor happy. but hey, if you can't achieve it . . . you can weave it.:)