Who doesn't DC?

How Often do you Deep Condition

• Total voters
Tbqh, I don't like deep conditioning and don't see a significant difference when I do it. But I also don't use heat so that could be why.

I voted never before I read the posts.I voted never because I only pre-poo with heat on dry hair but never condition with heat after I shampoo. Now I see some of you consider pre-pooing as a DC.

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but the few times I tried "deep conditioning" I didn't notice a difference. People say to use something specifically for "deep conditioning", but I don't know what that is. I'd rather not rely on a label to tell me, I'd like to know what specifically is in a product that can make it deep conditioning. Anyway, since I didn't notice any difference, I've stopped doing it.

im glad i was looking at old post and brought this to the fron, cuz i thought i was the only one that didnt do this. im so low maintanence it a dang shame. it would seem like tooo much work for me and im so in love with my prepoo results i doubt the DC could make me happier.

I try to DC twice a week but lately it's been more like once a week. After I DC my hair feels so strong and soft, I notice that if I go a while without DCing my hair starts to feel dry and breaks easier.

I voted never before I read the posts.I voted never because I only pre-poo with heat on dry hair but never condition with heat after I shampoo. Now I see some of you consider pre-pooing as a DC.

I learned this on another thread as well. I do a traditional deep condition (conditioner on freshly washed hair) once a week, but I pre-poo overnight 3 times a week or more. I believe that the regular weekly deep conditioning has really saved my hair. The overnight pre-poo is just an added treat.

I voted sometimes when my hair needs it. I don't know why but I truly hate to dc. I just do it whenever which is between every two weeks to once a month. Sometimes longer, especially in the summer. I never really feel like I need to dc because I've found other ways to keep my hair moisturized. I do pre-poo more often now which is I guess similar to dc.

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but the few times I tried "deep conditioning" I didn't notice a difference. People say to use something specifically for "deep conditioning", but I don't know what that is. I'd rather not rely on a label to tell me, I'd like to know what specifically is in a product that can make it deep conditioning. Anyway, since I didn't notice any difference, I've stopped doing it.
I can't really say I notice a big difference either. My hair always feels pretty much the same. I tend to concentrate more on my moisturizers and oils.....now there I can see and feel a difference.

Pokahontas is right i feel the difference with the oils. i just dont get excited about DC's. what are you prepooing with?

Pokahontas is right i feel the difference with the oils. i just dont get excited about DC's. what are you prepooing with?
Whatever I have around.......red palm butter, amla oil, evoo, cholesterol, Miss Keys. I do this on dry hair covered w/plastic cap sometimes w/heat (hot towel) so I guess this is kinda dc'ing but more beneficial to me. Yesterday I did a hot oil treatment with grapseed oil and molasses:lick:. Great results.

Last edited:
im so lazy .....lol....... sometimes i put in my oily conditioner mix in the early morn/afternoon and and put it in my bun and rock it til the evening when i get the kids under control. sometimes i do the whole plastic cap thing but i never do heat with it. my hair has never felt better than it does nowadays.

I guess you could say I "DC" every day- when i get in from work i dampen my hair and apply my co-wash conditioners (Aussie line) put on a plastic bag and leave for 30mins- 1hour then rinse out. There is an absolute difference in my hair:yep: My hair wasn't bad before I started this but its sooo much thicker (i'm fine-haired)

I do a deep condition once a month. Well, my stylist does it. I have to admit, I've never really been into hair care before now. I've been trying to grow it out really long now as of February of this year. I want to do the LOCKS OF LOVE when my hair gets waist length.

I guess I've been blessed with the kind of hair that grows no matter what I do and don't do to it. I don't wrap it, I don't oil it... in fact, I can't oil my hair, it gets quite oily on its own after 4 or 5 days. I probably should do more though to take care of it before I lose it!

Every time I wash about 1-2x a week. My hair is a moisture monster....If I don't....its just a HAM. No amount of daily washing and conditioning or co-washing does it like a good DC. Nothing.

I don't anymore. I haven't done any deep conditioning in quite a while. And before that point, I wasn't very consistent with it.

thanks aggie! btw...i took out my braids 2 hrs ago...i'm dc'n right now.

i try to remember once a week atleast but since i'm in braids i don't...just a poo and for the most part no co. unless ya'll have some suggestions for a person in braids...single braids that'll help alot.
tia!

Last edited:
I used to DC whenever I felt I needed it. But now that I colored my hair, I DC twice a week. I am not playing around. lol. When I was clueless about hair I would color my hair and DC NEVER. That's how my hair ended up a HAM in the first place. I learned my lesson.

thanks aggie! btw...i took out my braids 2 hrs ago...i'm dc'n right now.

i try to remember once a week atleast but since i'm in braids i don't...just a poo and for the most part no co. unless ya'll have some suggestions for a person in braids...single braids that'll help alot.
tia!

Sorry I missed this post DivaD, you're welcomed honey.

I am sorta shocked. I thought everyone DC'd...
wow..........

Oh well - I DC once a week.

I neeeeed it.

Me too. I dc more now that I am on my hair journey than before. I used to dc every two weeks. Now, I dc weekly to sometimes maybe two-three times a week after co-washing or washing. Followed by a leave-in.

I am happy that you can get away with it. There are some people that I have heard don't dc have bsl to wl hair.:grin:

I always DC...I never have to moisturize my hair during the week; only a little serum, but my hair stays moisturized for the week

Back