Who doesn't DC?

How Often do you Deep Condition

• Total voters
I used to dc a lot but once I got my moisture level up I started just doing it as needed. But I don't ever do heat and I am usually doing it before I cowash, sometimes overnight, so I guess I only prepoo. Most of the time I don't even do that anymore but I get better curls when I do.

I need to dc it's just hard to find time to sit there, I usually try to do it when I have homework. For me there is no point in dc'ing if I don't use heat, no matter how long I leave in on my hair.

I DC with Heat Everytime I clean my Hair, either with 'poo or con. It has been extremely beneficial to my Hair Care.

I can't remember the last time I DCed... January? maybe? :grin:

My hair has been thriving though. I don't have issues with moisture and I always get compliments on how soft my hair is. Thing is... I rinse my hair almost everyday with cold water... occasionally I will do co washes during the week. and I always use a leave in conditioner... so maybe that's why I'm okay without it.

I haven't d/c in a almost 2 months. I don't need it. Every since I changed my regimen and products my hair has maintained it's moisture levels, I still no poo with no cone condish and do my acidic rinses and use pure aloevera gel and shea butter with some glycerin, my hair has been satisfied. This is the first time in 31 years that my hair has not been dry. I would deep condish once weekly, "moisturize" daily and still had dry and brittle hair after it dried. I had tried almost every kind of store bought condish. So, I am cool for now.

I haven't d/c in a almost 2 months. I don't need it. Every since I changed my regimen and products my hair has maintained it's moisture levels, I still no poo with no cone condish and do my acidic rinses and use pure aloevera gel and shea butter with some glycerin, my hair has been satisfied. This is the first time in 31 years that my hair has not been dry. I would deep condish once weekly, "moisturize" daily and still had dry and brittle hair after it dried. I had tried almost every kind of store bought condish. So, I am cool for now.

How do you moisturize your hair? I also have shea butter and aloe vera

I DC every time i shampoo. I shampoo every other day now... so about 3-4 times a week. Just for 20 minutes at a time. No heat though. I can't get down with heated DC's they are so annoying a limiting. I do things around the house and then hop back in the shower.

Every shampoo i DC because poo is stripping and dc makes it soft and i believe replenishes something i lose during the wash. I don't think it's NECESSARY. but very beneficial and wouldn't hurt at all.

I clicked on the results to see who are those 13 people that don't Deep Condition and I was surprised to see Flowerhair, Honeycomb, and Cichelle on there. But they're doing something right because they've got some pretty hair!

I used to be one of those people that did not DC but since I got this new really bright color, I am a DC'er!

I used to DC at least twice a week when I started my hair journey, and it seemed to make my hair more frizzy and rough. maybe because I kept lifting my hair's cuticles with heat and didn't close them back. I noticed when I stopped Dcing every wash, my hair felt better. It works for me :yep:

Basically never. I feel like with natural hair, regular conditioning is enough. I don't do protein treatments either.

I used to DC twice a week, now I only do it once per week. Before DC's were invented women were growing long healthy hair. I KNOW if I stopped DCing my hair still would be moisturized because of oils and leave ins and healthy. I just do it for therapeutic reasons.

I stopped for a while due to laziness, but since I started back up again I see a significant difference in the health of my hair

I voted sometimes when my hair needs it. I don't know why but I truly hate to dc. I just do it whenever which is between every two weeks to once a month. Sometimes longer, especially in the summer. I never really feel like I need to dc because I've found other ways to keep my hair moisturized. I do pre-poo more often now which is I guess similar to dc.

It is a dreadful experience! It already takes me over 2 hours to do my hair. Not DCing can easily cut off 30+ minutes off that time. I didn't DC from December to about March and my hair grew and retained like weeds. I only started again out of fear lol but my hair was fine.

I do believe that there is such a thing as over DCing and anything over 1-2x a week can be damaging.

I deep condition after relaxer touchups only, every 8-10 weeks. Otherwise, I just co-wash once per week.

This is what I am thinking of doing. My stylist uses a protein treatment on my hair after my relaxer (with no heat because the cuticles are already open). So that may suffice.

Back