4 THE LADIES WHO HAVE SHORT HAIR BUT LONG GOALS

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hello Everyone!

I was just sitting here thinking about all the ladies that may be or may ever get discouraged from reaching your long hair goals. I wanted to write some encouraging words because I know that it seems like we will never get there.

I am a short haired lady and I have had hair that was approaching bra strap length before but now I am at the point were I have to start again.

I just want to say to all of you out there that your hair will grow to the length you want. We all just need to keep doing what we are doing, taking care of our hair and not abusing it.

I know that there are a lot of ladies that have never had long hair in their adult life and you may be skeptical about being able to grow it now but look, it is a proven fact that hair is always growing, while you eat while you sleep while you work. We just need to retain the older hair as the newer hair comes in.

This can be done even if you are starting off bald or with a short tapered cut or with chin length hair. Whatever your starting length may be you can reach your desired length.

And you may say that I want long hair and I can't wait 3 or 4 years for it. Why not because time passes and hair grows anyway? So in 3 to 4 years you WILL have your length!!

We shouldn't feel jealous or envious of any of the long haired ladies on the board because at some point some of them were in the same situation as we are. They had to work at growing their hair. Now look. They have beautiful healthy long hair!! We can too!

I know that each and everyone of us have set backs sometimes but those can be overcome with the advice and support given here. There is lots of sympathy, love and understanding here and we need to feed from it!

Good luck to every lady on this board short or long haired and Happy Hair Growing!

And remember Don't Speak Defeat! WE CAN DO IT!

Dejuan42

thats true dsd but it's always someone who comes in with that hair cycle mess which makes people get discouraged because they think maybe their hair has reached its end of the hair cycle.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Dejaun, I am not going to let this post become negative. I posted as encouragement for those that feel like they are achieving their desired lengths.

On a more positive note ladies keep your heads up and
Don't Speak Defeat!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: 4 THE LADIES WHO HAVE SHORT HAIR BUT LONG GOAL

This was very nice of you to start DSD. and as far as hair cycles go--I don't know if I'm completely convinced about those anyway.

Dejuan42

Re: 4 THE LADIES WHO HAVE SHORT HAIR BUT LONG GOAL

dont be super girl they are wrong scientist need to research more on them because i see different stuff about hair cycles all the time

bimbabe

This is a great post.
Never give up keep on treating your hair right and not only will you get the length BUT the bonus if healthy hair!

Eclipse

Thanks DSD, it would be nice to have a COMPLETELY positive post to refer back to when times are a little rough or set backs come along.

Tracy

This is so nice DSD...

I used to get frustrated all the time. My hair grows INCREDIBLY slowly (my new favorite term is a snail on thorazine
) and I would come to the boards, take excellent care of my hair, and people with hair 2 inches shorter than mine to begin, would be BS length in what seemed like no time....

I had bad "trim" after a bad trim (I'll never forget that one in '00 when my stylist cut my hair from my shoulders to my chin! A trim indeed!) and a few color mishaps along the way and I'm FINALLY beginning to feel like I'm making some progress......

So hang on....the process gets sweeter and sweeter girls...take it from me....

JenJen2721

DSD,
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, I really needed to hear them. I've been growing frustrated with this old hair of mine lately....it seems like the growth rate has slowed down, but now I'm wondering if it's the MSM. Sometimes coming to this board is like going to church. You always "hear" something that you need to hear!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Thanks for all the ladies who posted positive responses hear. I am glad that I could help encourage all that need it. I need it sometimes to so it will be nice to refer back to all of the encouraging words.

Lets keep taking care of our hair and it will respond and retain length!

Sky

Thanks DSD!

I dont like to talk about my progress because I dont have pics to post but man since i have joined this board... I cannot tell ya'll. And I HAD "long" hair as a child...but my hair was so damaged as an adult I thought it would never grow to my shoulders. I didnt even realize that my hair wasnt that long because I could pretty much do what i wanted to with it and I looked decent regardless of the length.

Then I found this board ( halleluiah!)
. My hair has went from just below my ears(jawline/chin) in the front to my collar bone in the front, and past my shoulders in the back. I just found this board in Feb.

I mean just seeing the progress on this board, following the tips, and taking hair care in my own hands has been empowering.

To be honest it really isnt so much about the growth anymore as it is that I have a healthy head of hair!I know its not about the hair type but the products and the care ! It is liberating to know I can wear my hair in styles I never dreamed because I thought that my hair wasnt long enough or whatever - now since it is healthy it looks good in any style. Be confident with you hair - whatever length it is now. Love it today and it will grow. Dont wait until it gets this length or that length and hide it in shame - love it today.

That is the key - healthy ,clean hair that you can manipulate and manage. I know it sounds like a cliche but if you strive for healthy hair the growth will come ! Healthy , clean hair is the secret.

lunalight7

AMEN to DSD's words of encouragement and to all the ladies who responded. I needed some sunshine today.

When the lights went out in NYC on Thursday, I was moisturizing and oiling my ends by candlelight....

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Sky, it is so true what you said. Don't wait intil it gets there, love your hair now!

What you say at the end is exactly what I talk about in my signature:

Healthy and vibrant is the key length will eventually come for me, I have decided to just let my hair "be"

What I mean when I say let my hair be is to not obsess everyday and every hour over my hair. Just do what needs to be done to keep it healthy and it will grow and retain length.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
AMEN to DSD's words of encouragement and to all the ladies who responded. I needed some sunshine today.

When the lights went out in NYC on Thursday, I was moisturizing and oiling my ends by candlelight....

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that's some dedication Lunalight!

Sky

[ QUOTE ]

Healthy and vibrant is the key length will eventually come for me, I have decided to just let my hair "be"

What I mean when I say let my hair be is to not obsess everyday and every hour over my hair. Just do what needs to be done to keep it healthy and it will grow and retain length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly !

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly !

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hope I am not confusing people by using the word be because in no way does it mean neglect! That is why I explained it here.

Sky

I totally understood when I read your post. It is so true. I think a lot of times I would try to get my hair to do things that it was not ready to do , or not conditioned to do. Its like using the curling iron on dirty hair( I used to do that and then wonder why it didnt look right, instead of putting it in a pony tail or ....washing it!) .

I have to accept my hair as it is. When I have groomed it and conditioned and trained it to do what it can do then it will behave in that way....until then I will let it be. I dont want to obsess about it , it will grow when it grows, there are things I can do to help foster that growth but in its own time will it acheive its maximum length - and stress does effect the hair negatively so I know that stressing will actually produce adverse effects , but positive thinking and loving what I have can only help my hair.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
I totally understood when I read your post. It is so true. I think a lot of times I would try to get my hair to do things that it was not ready to do , or not conditioned to do. Its like using the curling iron on dirty hair( I used to do that and then wonder why it didnt look right, instead of putting it in a pony tail or ....washing it!) .

I have to accept my hair as it is. When I have groomed it and conditioned and trained it to do what it can do then it will behave in that way....until then I will let it be. I dont want to obsess about it , it will grow when it grows, there are things I can do to help foster that growth but in its own time will it acheive its maximum length - and stress does effect the hair negatively so I know that stressing will actually produce adverse effects , but positive thinking and loving what I have can only help my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very well said Sky!!! I totally agree!