4 THE LADIES WHO HAVE SHORT HAIR BUT LONG GOALS

AJamericanDiva

Re: 4 THE LADIES WHO HAVE SHORT HAIR BUT LONG GOAL

Thanks for the extra push, DSD!!! That's what's so wonderful about this board!!!

Bobbie

DSD...you have a new pic!!! Is that your hair length now?!?!? What a BIG difference from your october pic!
Wow, you're truly an inspiration!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbie said:
DSD...you have a new pic!!! Is that your hair length now?!?!? What a BIG difference from your october pic!
Wow, you're truly an inspiration!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Thanks! But that is not mine hair. That is my #1 inspiration, my daughter! That pic was taken over last year's holidays. It's a little longer now!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Dyzne said:
wow this was posted months ago. I really needed this. You are angel sent DSD.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Dyzne! Happy Hair Growing!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Hello Everyone!

I was just sitting here thinking about all the ladies that may be or may ever get discouraged from reaching your long hair goals. I wanted to write some encouraging words because I know that it seems like we will never get there.

I am a short haired lady and I have had hair that was approaching bra strap length before but now I am at the point were I have to start again.

I just want to say to all of you out there that your hair will grow to the length you want. We all just need to keep doing what we are doing, taking care of our hair and not abusing it.

I know that there are a lot of ladies that have never had long hair in their adult life and you may be skeptical about being able to grow it now but look, it is a proven fact that hair is always growing, while you eat while you sleep while you work. We just need to retain the older hair as the newer hair comes in.

This can be done even if you are starting off bald or with a short tapered cut or with chin length hair. Whatever your starting length may be you can reach your desired length.

And you may say that I want long hair and I can't wait 3 or 4 years for it. Why not because time passes and hair grows anyway? So in 3 to 4 years you WILL have your length!!

We shouldn't feel jealous or envious of any of the long haired ladies on the board because at some point some of them were in the same situation as we are. They had to work at growing their hair. Now look. They have beautiful healthy long hair!! We can too!

I know that each and everyone of us have set backs sometimes but those can be overcome with the advice and support given here. There is lots of sympathy, love and understanding here and we need to feed from it!

Good luck to every lady on this board short or long haired and Happy Hair Growing!

And remember Don't Speak Defeat! WE CAN DO IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I to bumped this thread up because I wanted to offer encouragement to all of the ladies who have recently joined this board. This is also for other members who may have missed out on the first go around. Or anyone who needs a little hair lift.
When I wrote this post I just experienced a lot of tangling from taking braids out and not combing through before washing. My hair was so badly tangled and I had to cut some so of the hair out. It was a major setback.

I wanted to encourage you ladies to stay positive and remember setbacks can be overcome. Look at my hair now! It is longer, stronger and healthier. I can look back at that and laugh now. It happened over 6 months ago.

Hair does take time but if we just stay consistent with our regemins and give our hair that TLC it needs. It will reward us! Take care ladies and Happy Hair Growing!!

With much love from your hair sistah,

Don't Speak Defeat

melodee

DSD, nice. I'm sure those CO washes have helped keep yours looking so good and growing. But most of all, your positive outlook is K-E-Y!

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

I wouldn't consider my hair short, but the end of my brastrap seems sooooo far away. I know that I'll make it eventually...just seems that my hair is growing at a snails pace now that I'm actually tracking my progress.

diamondlady

I really needed to read this again. I have been experiencing set-back after set-back since September. My hair is shorter now than it was then. I feel like board Drama Queen because of all the drama that's been going on with my hair.

It's hard to see others (like you, DSD) who come to the board after me and then zoom right past me in their quest. I feel happy for them cause jealous is an emotion that I just don't understand or experience. (Not the kind like I want something bad to happen to a person or get angry with a person, you know what I mean?) I just don't get that and I'm glad.

I have been at the brink of saying forget it, it's not going to happen for me. I have all kinds of negative thoughts like "it would be easier just to get one of those cute short styles and go to the salon every week and be done with it, then I read this or hear a word from Tracy (she is so sweet and encouraging) and I get back on track.

Thanks again for this post.

Valerie

It is a very encouraging post. I myself have always been a short hair person all my life. I have tried and made several attempts in growing my hair long. At the ripe young age of 43, my hair stretching towards my collarbone, I am very pleased and very excited about my hair.

val1212

DSD that is the most positive affirmation i've read on this forum and i really needed that today because i have short hair and i have spent hundreds of dollars on products to make it grow when really i want it thicker and healthy as well as longer. I get very discouraged at times thank God for positive people like you.

Nova

DSD:

Your words of encouragement is just what I needed today. I was feeling a bit down about my hair. A year ago my hair was 4" longer than it is now -- touching my shoulders. I got lazy and started slacking on my regime. I shudder to confess I began using heat on my hair almost daily. My hair started breaking, the thin areas became sparse and see through.

I've snapped back to reality. I realize I better try to turn this around now!

Thank you for your positive message of encouragement.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
DSD, nice. I'm sure those CO washes have helped keep yours looking so good and growing. But most of all, your positive outlook is K-E-Y!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
honeycomb719 said:
Sho needed 2 read this post 2day. Thanx DSD, and everyone else that had something positive 2 add......

[/ QUOTE ]
I have many days when I have to go back and read my words again.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
I really needed to read this again. I have been experiencing set-back after set-back since September. My hair is shorter now than it was then. I feel like board Drama Queen because of all the drama that's been going on with my hair.

It's hard to see others (like you, DSD) who come to the board after me and then zoom right past me in their quest. I feel happy for them cause jealous is an emotion that I just don't understand or experience. (Not the kind like I want something bad to happen to a person or get angry with a person, you know what I mean?) I just don't get that and I'm glad.

I have been at the brink of saying forget it, it's not going to happen for me. I have all kinds of negative thoughts like "it would be easier just to get one of those cute short styles and go to the salon every week and be done with it, then I read this or hear a word from Tracy (she is so sweet and encouraging) and I get back on track.

Thanks again for this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is understandable we all have our days. I fight constantly with keeping the scissor away. I just look to the board for encouragement. This helps me to realized I can make it too!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
Valerie said:
It is a very encouraging post. I myself have always been a short hair person all my life. I have tried and made several attempts in growing my hair long. At the ripe young age of 43, my hair stretching towards my collarbone, I am very pleased and very excited about my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is wonderful to hear!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
val1212 said:
DSD that is the most positive affirmation i've read on this forum and i really needed that today because i have short hair and i have spent hundreds of dollars on products to make it grow when really i want it thicker and healthy as well as longer. I get very discouraged at times thank God for positive people like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Nova said:
DSD:

Your words of encouragement is just what I needed today. I was feeling a bit down about my hair. A year ago my hair was 4" longer than it is now -- touching my shoulders. I got lazy and started slacking on my regime. I shudder to confess I began using heat on my hair almost daily. My hair started breaking, the thin areas became sparse and see through.

I've snapped back to reality. I realize I better try to turn this around now!

Thank you for your positive message of encouragement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do it!

carameldiva

Thank you so much- i have never gotten discouraged during my journey- i just did the big chop june 03 and i am still being educated every day as to what i should and shouldn't do. Trial and error. I haven't developed any bad habits but finding out what works and what doesn't work. Last measure was around the beginning of march-3.5 inches. Currently in box braids-sticking to my vitamin regime and drinking lots of water. Using essential oils like sweet almond oil and shea butter.

Evolving78

I have also had short hair all of my life and this is the longest my hair has ever been, reaching my collar bone. I thought that I would never have even this amount of length, but thanks to hair care forums and sites like this one, and really taking care my hair, it is growing. I hope to have shoulder length hair by July. Do any of you think that is a possiblity due to the length that I have now, or it may take me to August. I just had a touchup Saturday and My hair grows about an 0.5 inches to an inch.

Bobbie

this is a very encouraging thread! To everyone who's had short hair all their life -- hang in there! I've also have the same scenario. This thread is very encouraging!

L

LaNecia

Funny, before I read this post, I was thinking about DSD's hair and her name (Don't Speak Defeat). I got to realizing that I may very well be sabotaging my own efforts with my disheartened attitude (and words) re: growing my hair long. Since it's always been short, I'd resolved to it ever being short but ...

Then I came and read this post....thank you DSD for posting and to all the ladies who have responded in kind. I absolutely love this forum. You ladies are known around my home as "The Girls".

I too shall let my hair 'be'.

JetBlack

Peace & Love

This was a timely post, considering I had to cut my hair last weekend. Thanks. JetBlack

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
LaNecia said:
Funny, before I read this post, I was thinking about DSD's hair and her name (Don't Speak Defeat). I got to realizing that I may very well be sabotaging my own efforts with my disheartened attitude (and words) re: growing my hair long. Since it's always been short, I'd resolved to it ever being short but ...

Then I came and read this post....thank you DSD for posting and to all the ladies who have responded in kind. I absolutely love this forum. You ladies are known around my home as "The Girls".

I too shall let my hair 'be'.

[/ QUOTE ]