Why did you BC when you did???

Blackoutzangel05

I have always wondered what was it for you that made you say, "Okay I am going to cut my hair and become natural" on the day that you did. Was it because you were tired of looking at the raggedy permed ends, felt confident enough to do it??? I believe that remembering why we decided to go natural and BC for those of that did...is important to remember...

For me...I wanted the joys of seeing my hair grow from TWA stage to WL and document the whole journey and also because I wanted something different. I wanted to get to know my hair from the beginning of my journey and not have to deal with 2 textures the whole way when I was going to have to cut my hair anyway....

So ladies tell me....why did you BC when you did

July 12th I did a mini big chop.

And that was just because I was braiding it and the ends looked raggedy.

On the 6th August, my godmother kept going on about how dry my hair was, and gave me some products to wash and condition my hair with.

I did, it made no difference to the relaxed ends, but my natural hair was lovely.

So I told her to snip snip snip.

She thought I was crazy, because I had no reaction to it, when she said she was finished, I was beaming. LOL :grin::grin:

I didn't exactly decide right on the day I did it. I planned ahead and picked a day for a particular, spiritual reason. However, the reason I chose to end my transition was I was worried that my hair was beginning to get damaged at the line of demarcation. I didn't want my hair to start breaking so I decided to end my transition a few months short of my original plan.

I THINK IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF TIME FOR ME BEFORE I CUT IT OFF. HONESTLY I JUST WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR MYSELF. AT THE END OF THIS MONTH I'LL BE STARTING MY FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE. SO I JUST WANTED TO CHANGE THINGS UP AND HAVE A NEW LOOK.
I ALSO BECAME VERY INSPIRED BY MY MOTHER AND SISTER WHO ARE BOTH NATURAL..WITH BEAUTIFUL HEADS OF HAIR.

AND I TOOK THE PLUNGE YESTERDAY AND DID MY BC...AND BOY AM I HAPPY :grin:

I THINK IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF TIME FOR ME BEFORE I CUT IT OFF. HONESTLY I JUST WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR MYSELF. AT THE END OF THIS MONTH I'LL BE STARTING MY FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE. SO I JUST WANTED TO CHANGE THINGS UP AND HAVE A NEW LOOK.
I ALSO BECAME VERY INSPIRED BY MY MOTHER AND SISTER WHO ARE BOTH NATURAL..WITH BEAUTIFUL HEADS OF HAIR.

AND I TOOK THE PLUNGE YESTERDAY AND DID MY BC...AND BOY AM I HAPPY :grin:

Your mother and sister both have beautiful dreds! I love their versitality with them as well

Great post!

My response can be found here.

Wow is all that I can say about your journey! I just read the BC part and wow...I am too, tired of explaining myself to people so I just stopped...my husband hates short hair and every time he starts I finish it for him, just recently I posted about my frustration...reading that entry was very inspring...

That is what I am seeing quite a few women say...so how do you deal with that when you realize what you have done??

Nothing. It was over by then. I did leave the hair on the bathroom floor for a few days though. I couldn't bring myself to pick it up and put it in the garbage. I already had an appt to get a weave scheduled for that next day before I had decided to chop. So I washed it, wore a wig to work the next day and went to my hair appt as planned.

Nothing. It was over by then. I did leave the hair on the bathroom floor for a few days though. I couldn't bring myself to pick it up and put it in the garbage. I already had an appt to get a weave scheduled for that next day before I had decided to chop. So I washed it, wore a wig to work the next day and went to my hair appt as planned.

LOL you seem like you are a trip...How you going to leave the hair on the floor?!?!

I haven't done the BC yet, but I am planning to either around my birthday in November or in December when I celebrate my i year nappiversary however, I decided to go natural because my hair seemed like it was getting thinner and thinner with every relaxer. It was beautifully but thin and lifeless. Also my edges were thinning too and at first I was stretching my relaxer and I made it to 3 months and I decided to transition to natural. I will big chop at 1 year becaue dealing with the two textures is just CRAZY:wallbash:. I chopped it in June to above my shoulders around earlobes and now it grew back to my shoulders. I can't wait to BC though

Great post!

I :love2: your hair! It's gorgeous

Back on topic I bc'd at that time b/c I saw a pic of myself on the beach. The roots of my hair was curly and thick and I had these thin scraggely ends. the day I got the picture developed was the day I made my best friend cut off the perm. I've never looked back.

Great post!

Just beautiful and inspiring.

To the OP: I took out my braids after transitioning for about 7 months. Those ragged straight ends looked pitiful, hanging on for dear life. There was no sense hanging on to them.

I don't know why I chopped even a year later. I was relaxed, my hair was shedding and my edges were thin but it was thick and looked good otherwise. I was supposed to get a touch up and left the place with no hair. It was very impulsive, spontaneous, and not planned at all.

LOL you seem like you are a trip...How you going to leave the hair on the floor?!?!

Well I have my own bathroom in my room. Nobody was in there but me anyway. There's always stuff on the floor in my bathroom. :look: Usually bottles of products lined up because I don't have space for them in my storage bins or under the sink. There's eyeshadows all over the sink now that I haven't put away. Same thing goes for my room. I usually don't clean up until the weekend. Besides that gives me a reason to not let my SO see my room. :lol: I don't like for him to come to my house.

I planned to BC a year after I joined on here. But my hair turned out to be curly and it wouldn't act right with the relaxer so after six months and tangles and just tired of figuring out what to do I had it BC and then had to go back a week later because the stylist still left relaxed strands and said that she just couldn't cut it all down--- eventually I chopped the rest off myself. It was an adjustment, My husband hated it. My sons wanted to know what was wrong with me. Actually, no one liked it except my daughter she said it was cute. I started to love it, I loved the ease of taking care of it and I had to learn to accept what my face looked like with natural hair it wasn't easy. After a while I didn't care what anyone said. I was stressed about my hair anymore.

Well I have my own bathroom in my room. Nobody was in there but me anyway. There's always stuff on the floor in my bathroom. :look: Usually bottles of products lined up because I don't have space for them in my storage bins or under the sink. There's eyeshadows all over the sink now that I haven't put away. Same thing goes for my room. I usually don't clean up until the weekend. Besides that gives me a reason to not let my SO see my room. :lol: I don't like for him to come to my house.

Girl I was the same way and even now I take over the bathroom with all of my products and beautification objects LOL Poor DH don't have no space....

I got tired of my coily, curly, lively natural hair being eclipsed by stringy relaxed ends. It was time-- I had a long transition-- 27 months to be exact. I will be starting a fotki soon when I get a digi cam.

I planned to BC a year after I joined on here. But my hair turned out to be curly and it wouldn't act right with the relaxer so after six months and tangles and just tired of figuring out what to do I had it BC and then had to go back a week later because the stylist still left relaxed strands and said that she just couldn't cut it all down--- eventually I chopped the rest off myself. It was an adjustment, My husband hated it. My sons wanted to know what was wrong with me. Actually, no one liked it except my daughter she said it was cute. I started to love it, I loved the ease of taking care of it and I had to learn to accept what my face looked like with natural hair it wasn't easy. After a while I didn't care what anyone said. I was stressed about my hair anymore.

Been there...and well...still there

Back