Why do you post in the Hair Care Forum?

Why do you post in this forum?

• Say word! There are OTHER forums? Stop playing!

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • I am only here to learn about achieving my hair goals.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I know about the other forums but am all about my hair!

Votes: 54 70.1%

• Total voters

Mystic

Yeah, I like the ET and political forum much better than the hair forum. People over there are much more responsive and engage in good conversation; here, sometimes, it like you have to pull teeth to get any response. I am more ignored here than anywhere else, lol! That's why I barely post here.

Neith

"I know about the other forums but am all about my hair!"

I honestly don't give a crap about celebrities...

And I would be the most hated person here if I joined in the political discussions. No doubt about that. :lol:

I'm not big into make - up, I can do a couple of looks well for special occasions or whenever I feel like it. Otherwise it's just tinted moisturizer, lip gloss and mascara.

I do look in the health/fitness forums now and then.

I hate how there is a MJ forum :wallbash: but whatever... I don't go in there.

I think I'm happy and everyone else would be happy if I just stayed my big mouth in the hair forum. Cuz if I started posting in some of the more controversial boards I'd be banned within a week. :lol:

Last edited:

gorgeoushair

I post here b/c I love all things about hair. I post in the other sections,(except the political) but I'm mostly in here.

teysmith

I post here because I'm all about growing my hair right now.. but now that you mentioned it, I think I'll check out the others too..lol

AfroKink

i like posting here because i'm trying to find a regimen that works for my transitioning hair. at first, i joined lchf so i could see the other forums folks were talkin bout. i got caught up in OT and ET sometimes, and a lot of the things said in there are so mean and ridiculous. i found myself absorbing more of the behaviors of the other posters, and becoming a mean girl, and i didn't like it. so now i stay away. i don't want to be that person that always has something negative to say, and thrives on making other people look bad and point out flaws constantly. i don't like negativity and tearing down of other women, and it was just dragging me down. i like it here because the women are nicer and more supportive.

Exactly. I use to live in the OT forum. I found that attitudes and thoughts from the OT were getting into my head. I was developing negative thoughts about black men, black men-women relationships etc. Thinking that as a successful black woman, if I didn't find a "good black man" now I'd be doomed to singlehood for the rest of my life. When in reality I never had a shortage of good black men who were attracted to me. Because of this (and other reasons) I didn't renew my subscription and took a year long hiatus.

Now that I'm back I'm not into the OT forum as much as I use to be. You can find me lurking and posting here, in the health & fitness and Food sections. I love food:lick:

Lys

tocktick

I tend to have very long breaks from the hair forum. When I come back, I spend a while reading all the threads and participating. It doesn't really have anything to do with having a set-back as if I did have one, I'd just search for what I wanted to know instead of spending more time than necessary here.

I'm currently back into spending more time on here now (as well as health and fitness). Subsequently, I don't think I participate in OT or ENT quite as much. That will probably change again soon.

Hot40

To learn !
I was so excited when I started here a year ago.
It still is a lot for me to take in.

Miamori

I don't really come here for tips anymore.

I come here for the hair-related conversations, and to give advice if someone is having a problem (especially a newbie), and I think I can help, or at least bump the thread.

I still post here just as much as in the other forums.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Do we really need to state the obvious? :confused:

Yes, that's what I asked. I find that many newbies have no clue about the other forums. Many of the vets also don't come into the Hair Forum all that much once they discover the other forums. I am not easily intimidated but it seems that the wars here are astronomical. That's why I stay in my lane. :lachen:I do need to get back to the basics and don't mind to share what I know with the others. :yep:

blazingthru

When I first join I never went anywhere but up in here for like 6 months but I guess as time goes and you feel like you kind of know what your doing your drift to the other sites. I got so caught in other stuff I forgot all about my hair and here I am back again. My hair is so disappointing to me. its growing super duper slow. My cousin has far surpassed me she is at bra strap in less then three months. I just saw her for her wedding and her hair was almost armpit now its brastrap. I am so down about it happy for her yes very very happy but wondering why in april it will be four years and I have yet to make armpit.

Tee

I come over here to answer, not to ask. Nowadays I am in cooking learning to throw down, health and fitness getting my HS body back, makeup and skin care perfecting my smoky eye and clearing my face, and ET/OT to laugh at the shenanigans.
You about summed it up for me lilsparkle. I lived here when I was newbie because I wanted to learn as much as possible.

Now that I know what works for my hair, I don't visit as much. (Plus I was spending to much money on all the RAVE products!!) :blush:BUT, I like to come in every now and then to see if I can answer something. I hate to see a newbie go answered.

*fabulosity*

The hair forum is still my main forum... because I'm a PJ.. and that's my main focus of being here... MAH HURR.. Plus those other sub forums can get a bit wild... :sekret: :lachen:

BostonMaria

I used to frequent the OT forum alot but it got too addicting. I'd be up all night reading controversial posts and waiting for the dreaded thread lock LOL I just decided that I needed to stay in the hair forum and go to bed at a decent hour instead of waiting for drama LOL

Kirei

I usually only post in here if OT is moving slow...otherwise I'm in OT.

For me the most information is in the old threads, the new threads don't get very many replies.

sharifeh

I post almost everywhere... :look:

The same forums get boring & repetitive after a while, so I rotate.

ya same here
I also haven't found a regimen yet but I like to answer questions if I can and help newbies and sometimes get help.
I'm intimidated by the other forums although reading through old locked threads can have me on the floor rolling over with laughter. There are still some locked threads I haven't finished reading through.
But I'm scared to jump into discussion sometimes, I'm scared I'll get banned or something, especially since I'm starting to see the biases here. The religious bias is interesting here. I'm not saying it's good or bad, just interesting, didn't realize it before...

Oh yes, and I also love forum searches, like I'll search a hair brand or product and read super old threads. so much info
I love searching the forum.

Eisani

I mostly lurk now because I have my regimen together and my hair grows nicely, but I'm a PJ and I really just like hair. For a brief time I became addicted to OT but after the major uh... housecleaning :look:, most of my favorite people were gone and I lost interest. I like the cooking and natural living forums but I avoid makeup (recovering makeup junkie) and ET has always been beyond ridiculous to me :rolleyes: I swear I lose brain cells everytime I go in there.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I don't stick to one forum. I just click on "new post" so that I see threads from everywhere. That helps because I spot good threads and can give tips as needed

This is me too.

Going from forum to forum to look up topics is too inefficient.

Brownie518

I don't post in the hair section much. But when I first joined I only posted here. I know what works for my hair now and post here when I see an update of something. I'm post now because it's your thread. I saw your name and thought "why is she over there".

OT: WOW to that hair, D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yep:

KinkyRed

I used to frequent the OT forum alot but it got too addicting. I'd be up all night reading controversial posts and waiting for the dreaded thread lock LOL I just decided that I needed to stay in the hair forum and go to bed at a decent hour instead of waiting for drama LOL

Um hmm, that's what I'm doing now... I need to go to bed

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I lurk everywhere except for ET, it doesn't make sense to me. I mostly post in the hair forum I noticed that some people are looking for drama in OT, so I mostly keep my comments to myself cos some thread are just trife. I have my regimen down and not much of a PJ cos my hair is particular about what she wants. I don't start threads but I do like to help out when I'm able to.

I was surprised to see Lucie's thread that's why I posted :)

Britt

I'm with D, I came into this thread b/c I saw your name :lol:.
I rarely post over in the hair section unless there is a thread maybe asking you to list your staples, or thread on KBB, or maybe Giovanni :lol:... Oh, I also like to look at folks updates. But I know what works for my hair and I am eternally grateful b/c w/o this board I'd never know about the products that I use.

When I became a member 5 years back I was obsessed w/ trying.. EVERYTHING, now I know what works for me :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Dragon_Of_Vaeros

To me, talking about hair and reading it about it is almost as much fun as growing and caring for it. So I stay here. But I peek at the other sections a little.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I post b/c I'm a newbie. I truly thank all of those willing to share wisdom to the newbie's like myself. I understand it might be boring for many of you to coach along newbie's or set backers when your regimen in stable and on point and your hair is thriving but you guys was once where we are....and we're just trying to follow your HHJ path and get to where you are now.

KhandiB

I have been on this board forever, I dont post that much anymore. But I like this forum better than any other Ive been on. Plus I love hair. lol.

I usually post over here when I have updates about my hair and if I think I can give some good advice.

OMG, Ive been on this board for 6 years, lol

SmilingElephant

I post mostly here bc...the hair forum seems so much more mellower than like the OT and ET threads...but i do visit other forums....my other faves right now are the Makeup section and the fashion section.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
When I first joined this hair board, I was in here most of the time because I wanted to learn anything and everything about hair. Now that I pretty much have my regemine down, I don't spend most of my time here. I only just started back with this forum because I BCed and now looking for tips to take care of my natural hair. I mostly hang out in ET and OT :grin:

KurlyNinja

I'm 50% on the hair forum and 50% on the OT forum. I go to the OT forum because I need something to keep me sane and not thinking about my hair ALL the time... I'm also scared to go into the Natural living Forum and the Politics Forum... I lurk a lot on the relationship forum and makeup forum.