Why does this happen when I use rollers or pincurl?

kennedy1

KIKI
I washed and curled my hair with my flat irons and afterwards I rolled it with my satin covered sponge rollers...After a a day or so at night I have been pincurling it...When I re-pincurl at night it seems like I am getting short pieces of hair all over my sink...I use my fingers for the most part and maybe my huge tooth comb to get the kinks out from everyday tangle. I have been using this biosilk oil on my hair but maybe I need something else to keep my ends moisturized so they are not crumbling after every pin curl set but nothing to weigh it down so I can keep the bouce. Can someone help?

pookaloo83

It may be the biosilk drying your hair out. Is it like some type of serum? If so, that may be the case. Serums dry out my hair. I pincurl every night and I use Castor oil. It feels more moisturized IMO.

meecee

It may be the biosilk drying your hair out. Is it like some type of serum? If so, that may be the case. Serums dry out my hair. I pincurl every night and I use Castor oil. It feels more moisturized IMO.

I think this is the culprit. I've been having the same problem fro the past few months (breakage in general). The only thing different in my reggie is the Biosilk serum. I've been using it a lot too. I'm going to remove it see what happens. This breakage is driving me crazy. Its thinning out my hair.

Heavenly

Mine is just the opposite.

When I use serum on wet hair, and roll or pincurl, my hair snaps and breaks like no one's business. I have to straighten with heat first, apply serum, then pincurl, if I want bounce etc...

PPGbubbles

What are u pinning the curls with??? are U using a bobby pin? They can break hairs if you slide them in and out of your hair without separating the prongs

Also are you sealing your ends with any oil or serum? dry ends are more prone to breakage.

frizzy

Biosilk didn't agree with my hair (dryness). Try another serum or just a leave-in and see how that goes.

ceebee3

Are you applying the serum over a moisturizer? You should use a light weight moisturizer and then apply the serum or oil to seal.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Are you using the Serum as a moisturizer? If so then that right there is the issue. My hair hates that stuff.

kennedy1

KIKI
Thanks ladies I believe the culprit is the biosilk and I will use a moisturizer instead...Yes I am uisn bobby pins but the huge ones and they are open. I will switch to a moisturizer and see what happens

Leesh

What are u pinning the curls with??? are U using a bobby pin? They can break hairs if you slide them in and out of your hair without separating the prongs

Also are you sealing your ends with any oil or serum? dry ends are more prone to breakage.

Agreed, Also with Bobbi Pins, If You re-use them or even if their a cheaper brand that has never been used, that plastic or should I say rubber coating peels off and snags Your hair as Your sliding them in and sliding them out, Ooch! just the thought of it makes Me squinch! and of course You may not see the broken pieces until You take them down to style. So be careful with them, they can become dangerous for You luscious Mane!

Last edited:

Monie24

I have been pin curling my hair every night and I have been using Profective Mega Growth Break Free (Daily Leave-In Strengthener). Since it is moisturizing my hair rarely breaks and I don't have many fly aways.

cocochannel

You may want to try using CHI silk infusion... my stylist (mom) recommended it to me after seeing that the biosilk was drying my hair out. I love it and i even think Sally's a store brand version that's nice as well.