Rollersetting/PinCurl 6 month Challenge 2008'

Beautiful hair girl...you do a black woman proud...

I read in another thread where people are stacking the curlformers to support the length....costly but may be worth the investment.
Where there is a will there is a way....

Washed with NADIA Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo
Condition with NADIA Avocado Rinse (for 10 mins)
Applied NADIA Silky Me Leave-In Conditioner

And rollerset with large blue Flexi rods in ponytails.
Flat iron the roots on the lowest setting.

At night I kinda do a french twist in the back and clip the curls on top of my head.

Photos are the day after. I'd spent a good deal of time outside. It's pretty windy here so the curls got blown out.
I'm a little over 7 months into my transition.
Pardon the see-through shirt and bra. I forgot about the camera flash.

I'm a few months late I know, but I still wanna be in on this. I just want to see how my hair responds so I don really have a hair goal yet.

Okay ladies,

Time is just about up.
I hope you all have done your best to maintain your hair.
I will be the first to admit that this challenge was very hard:wallbash:. I actually had to lay off the rollersetting a little bit between months 3 and 4 because my hair was shedding like crazy.
I have learned through this process though, how to rollerset my hair.
Further, I know that my hair can only be set once every other week and that it does not like a weekly rollerset. I never would have found that out without this challenge.

My hair has grown alot! I lost 2- 2.3/4 inc during this rotation because I am still removing nasty splits. Some parts of my hair had spits all up the shaft but I am now about 90% split end free.

I have also learned about moisture balance for my hair and can see the diffrences of moisture and the type of product that I use for a specific issue.

There is a lot more to learn but I am glad that I took this challenge.

What about you.

Recommendation: Challenge needs to be 1-3 months instead of six. This was a ******.

Love yall..

I've been rollersetting weekly, since the beginning of the challenge and my hair is loving it. During this challenge I've become even more proficient in rollersetting and detangling. I don't think I will ever stop using this method!:yep:

137228830_o.jpg
137228841_o.jpg

This was a hard challenge and guess what I finally got my first good rollerset when the challenge is over!:grin: I have noticed with rollersetting that my ends stay moist and are not as brittle as they used to be. If there is another challenge I will join, hopefully it won't be 6 months long.

I say there should be one either during the summer or on a month-by-month basis.

I enjoyed the challenge. I even rollerset while wearing half-wigs. I think I'm going to have to get another dryer and wet my rollers and see how that does. My hair is more moisturized and my shedding practically stopped as a result.

This challenge was perfect to go along with the bootcamp and I'm glad I've gotten better at rollersetting.

girl your hair looks soo good.you did a really good job.
I agree rollersetting is good. My hair cant take a lot of it though.

I say there should be one either during the summer or on a month-by-month basis.

I enjoyed the challenge. I even rollerset while wearing half-wigs. I think I'm going to have to get another dryer and wet my rollers and see how that does. My hair is more moisturized and my shedding practically stopped as a result.

This challenge was perfect to go along with the bootcamp and I'm glad I've gotten better at rollersetting.

thank you...or should i say, thanks to my hairstylist...LOL

The good thing about this challenge was you found out what your hair could and could not take, which will help you tailor your regimen to maintain maximum moisture and growth.

girl your hair looks soo good.you did a really good job.
I agree rollersetting is good. My hair cant take a lot of it though.

Wearing rollersets made my hair longer than it's ever been (right below my neck lol), I've been natural for a year and a half and still haven't had that length. Grrr...anyway, if I were still relaxed I would be all up and through this challenge! Rollersets suck on my natural hair...and I miss them So much!

I've gotta get a new hair dryer for the next one:grin:

The next one is not going to be as long as this one.
I was thinking of starting the next one the beginning of August for 3 months. What do you guys think?

My hair too did really good. I did have a couple of breaks, due to I was over-manipulating my hair and
had to give it a break...
I will update on the next challenge shortly after this one is over...some of the rules may change but I aint saying yet.

OMG, if I were still relaxed, I'd be so on this! I love rollersets. Some people dread the rollersetting process, but I mostly always enjoyed it :grin:.

Back