Why I think BSL is a bad term....

Caramela

We have ear, chin, shoulder, collar bone, APL, BSL, mid back, waist, hip, knee, floor....
All these lengths with the exception of BSL are measured by a specific point on your body.
Bras can be ill fitting, improperly worn, or just fit differently than the next. On lady's bra might fit higher or lower than another.
I think a more accurate term would be beneath shoulder blade... that peak at the bottom of your shoulder blade is where your bra should fit, but not everybody's bra hits that place.
This is just my personal opinion but I'm not going to use the term BSL anymore because it's misleading and has a high likelihood to be innacurrate. Instead I'm thinking about saying BSB = below shoulder blade/bottom of shoulder blade

ladylibra

all the lengths are subjective if you think about it. are you collarbone length the moment your hair touches your collarbones, or after it covers them?

Caramela

all the lengths are subjective if you think about it. are you collarbone length the moment your hair touches your collarbones, or after it covers them?

Touching your collar bone and covering them is less than an inch of hair... your brastrap can vary on a person 2-3 inches or more.

gymfreak336

IDK.......I think if you are just touching, just put JT in front of whatever length. We are not going to get everyone to agree on which is which.:perplexed

MzOptimistic

:yep: JT-APL for example? I love it. Another great idea

That's a good idea. That's why I say I'm grazing bs because I'm bs in one bra and I'm not in others. So GBS for me:grin: Great Idea Caramela:yep:

ETA: If, that's the case I'm BSB now. Thanks! Caramela. Next Stop MBL:grin:

Last edited:

JustKiya

I agree. I'll skip the term altogether and reference MBL when appropriate.

BSL IS MBL on me, so I'll just skip the BSL drama altogether. :lol: :look: Sides, ain't none ya'll gonna see me in my bra, anyhow... back of the head or not! :lachen:

anon123

I think the fundamental concept of keeping it on the body is not bad, but what little difference there is between apl and bsl for me would disappear. My bra is below the shoulder blade's end, so apl and sbl are only like 2" apart.

Actually, I can't understand what mbl is. What part of the body is that, really?

JustKiya

I think the fundamental concept of keeping it on the body is not bad, but what little difference there is between apl and bsl for me would disappear. My bra is below the shoulder blade's end, so apl and sbl are only like 2" apart.

Actually, I can't understand what mbl is. What part of the body is that, really?

Measure from the spinal 'knob' at the back of your neck down to the 'dip' right above your behind/the tailbone. Split that in half. That's MBL.

CHECKMATE!

We have ear, chin, shoulder, collar bone, APL, BSL, mid back, waist, hip, knee, floor....
All these lengths with the exception of BSL are measured by a specific point on your body.
Bras can be ill fitting, improperly worn, or just fit differently than the next. On lady's bra might fit higher or lower than another.
I think a more accurate term would be beneath shoulder blade... that peak at the bottom of your shoulder blade is where your bra should fit, but not everybody's bra hits that place.
This is just my personal opinion but I'm not going to use the term BSL anymore because it's misleading and has a high likelihood to be innacurrate. Instead I'm thinking about saying BSB = below shoulder blade/bottom of shoulder blade

great idea,since each member has different proportions,I know Kinikakes stop using her bra to measure and used her hands instead...this will help( hopefully:look:) to clear all misconceptions:rolleyes::yep:...

Crysdon

5 Star Post.

I agree Caramela and I think the term BSB (Below/Bottom of Shoulder Blade) should replace BSL (Bra Strap Length). I could have been at Bra Strap length a long time ago, but I would only be fooling myself if I used an ill fitting bra in my pictures.

Can we make this into a sticky?

Whimsy

I like that!!! I'm going to change my siggie now. If people ask what it is i'll tell em it's your phrase.

CHECKMATE!

5 Star Post.

I agree Caramela and I think the term BSB (Below/Bottom of Shoulder Blade) should replace BSL (Bra Strap Length). I could have been at Bra Strap length a long time ago, but I would only be fooling myself if I used an ill fitting bra in my pictures.

Can we make this into a sticky? [/quote]

I 2nd that emotion!:yep:

Last edited:

Zabrinnna

BSB sound like a better alternative too, but have yell noticed that bsb can be 5 inches for some and 6-1/2 for other because of the difference in height and torse length. Kinda sucks when you are 5'7-1/2" like me and your hair takes longer to grow to BSB than if you were only 5'1".

TaurusAngel

I think thats a great idea. I think BSL is a very touchy and confusing place for many. I'm just gonna grow and not worry about what spot I hit,lol.

5 STARS!!!!