Why I think BSL is a bad term....

ladylibra

Touching your collar bone and covering them is less than an inch of hair... your brastrap can vary on a person 2-3 inches or more.

okay... didn't realize it was such a touchy subject... :perplexed

but like i said before... an inch is 2 months of retained growth. so it DOES make a difference. i also never knew there was an "ear length." is that touching the top of the ear? or long enough to cover your ear?

if we're gonna be specific, let's be specific is all i'm saying. i liked the "JT" idea... :yep:

Caramela

okay... didn't realize it was such a touchy subject... :perplexed

but like i said before... an inch is 2 months of retained growth. so it DOES make a difference. i also never knew there was an "ear length." is that touching the top of the ear? or long enough to cover your ear?

if we're gonna be specific, let's be specific is all i'm saying. i liked the "JT" idea... :yep:

:rolleyes: Ok.

PrettyBlackHair

I am happy someone finally made a thred about this because I hate seeing people use a weird bra that randomly goes almost as high as APL and then praise about reaching BSL. I'm sorry but it can be frustrating because I see it so often.
I measure BSL by tracing from my nipple to around my back and that is BSL. That is usually right under most people's shoulder blades. This was a mini rant but I feel much better :spinning:

Caramela

I am happy someone finally made a thred about this because I hate seeing people use a weird bra that randomly goes almost as high as APL and then praise about reaching BSL. I'm sorry but it can be frustrating because I see it so often.
I measure BSL by tracing from my nipple to around my back and that is BSL. That is usually right under most people's shoulder blades. This was a mini rant but I feel much better :spinning:

Hearing about your nipple is too much info for me :lachen: j/k

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I was going to say we should use "nipple length" but then you have to worry about where the nipple is as opposed to where it should be.:perplexed

Duchesse

I was going to say we should use "nipple length" but then you have to worry about where the nipple is as opposed to where it should be.:perplexed

:lachen:I'm sorry, that's tooo funny to me...my imagination is way too active.

I agree tho, BSB is a better way of defining ones length. Thats pretty much where I want to be, and where my brastrap is anyway. High five OP!

cheeks87

:lachen:..I mean....:look:

Yeah cuz where your nipples can change based on....age...having babies/breastfeeding.

I've learned it's just a minor annoyance I have to deal with. There are gonna be people who have bras in their armpits saying they're BSL and it used to annoy me but then I thought, why does it matter? What does HER hair have to do with MINE, you know? So I just keep it movin.

I've given up on trying to figure out where my proper BSL is, so I just gave up and am skipping over it and looking to MBL

ladylibra

yep, that's what i said yesterday... but you'd have to base it off the chart here:

cuz not all of us are "shaped" like that... :look:

so i guess we'll all just wait on the new "approved" measurements :rolleyes:

silvergirl

i usually go by the "under boob " area
(afterall thats where the brastrap sits in front)... where your boob and chest wall meet underneath, because that usually doesnt change regardless of how ,,, low the girls hang.. :look:

ladylibra

i'm scratching body markers altogether as far as this site is concerned. it's just easier to say how long my hair is in inches... where it falls body-wise is where it falls. y'all have eyes you can determine for yourselves... :lachen:

MariposaSexyGirl

yep, that's what i said yesterday... but you'd have to base it off the chart here:

I'm sure this chart was made for a reason. I don't understand why its so hard to follow it. No every one is not shaped like this but they know where there belly button is, they can feel their hips through their skin(at least I can). You know where the underneath part of your boobs are right? I don't understand why people make it so complicated.

Kurlee

I'm sure this chart was made for a reason. I don't understand why its so hard to follow it. No every one is not shaped like this but they know where there belly button is, they can feel their hips through their skin(at least I can). You know where the underneath part of your boobs are right? I don't understand why people make it so complicated.
:yep::yep::yep:

dynamic1

We have ear, chin, shoulder, collar bone, APL, BSL, mid back, waist, hip, knee, floor....
All these lengths with the exception of BSL are measured by a specific point on your body.
Bras can be ill fitting, improperly worn, or just fit differently than the next. On lady's bra might fit higher or lower than another.
I think a more accurate term would be beneath shoulder blade... that peak at the bottom of your shoulder blade is where your bra should fit, but not everybody's bra hits that place.
This is just my personal opinion but I'm not going to use the term BSL anymore because it's misleading and has a high likelihood to be innacurrate. Instead I'm thinking about saying BSB = below shoulder blade/bottom of shoulder blade

I haven't read the entire thread but my bra clasp hits me way under the shoulder blade. It is closer to mid-back for me. If I placed the clasp under my blades and took a photo, it would look like a very ill fitting bra.

Nice & Wavy

This is a great chart...thanks for sharing it. It will help me to determine where I'm at when I get there. Right now I'm shoulder length on my way to APL.

daniemoy

Mariposa, you're right!!

DragonPearl

The OP is on to something. :up: I prefer the BSB as the new standard. That BSL thing was really getting crazy, man. :nono:

KiniKakes

great idea,since each member has different proportions,I know Kinikakes stop using her bra to measure and used her hands instead...this will help( hopefully:look:) to clear all misconceptions:rolleyes::yep:...

Yup! :yep: Except, it wasnt actually my hands, it was my backrolls. :lol: :lol: :lol: But you get the gist of it! I wasnt finding that the bra was the same/accurate with each set of progress pics, so i had to be creative with tracking my progress! :drunk:

CHECKMATE!

Yup! :yep: Except, it wasnt actually my hands, it was my backrolls. :lol: :lol: :lol: But you get the gist of it! I wasnt finding that the bra was the same/accurate with each set of progress pics, so i had to be creative with tracking my progress! :drunk:

that was definitely creative:yep:....well I made BSB...thanks so much for the inspiration..:grin: