Is My Hair BSL?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
:look: I know most of you dislike these type of threads, and I never thought I would create one asking you ladies your opinion on my hair length. I've been APL forever and been hoping for BSL by the end of this year 2011.

This morning, I stretched a section of hair in the back and the ends reached the top of my brastrap. However, I really do not feel like I'm brastrap length because of my hair shrinkage and the lack of thickness of my hair. My hair shrinks to high heavens and my hair strands are fine with uneven lengths that make my hair appear on the puny and thin side. I sometimes feel like my hair is shorter than APL. :ohwell:

Plus, I know if I straightened my hair with a flat iron, it would not lay at my brastrap, so what gives? Is my hair really BSL? Maybe bottom-of-shoulder-blade (BSB) length? :perplexed

Let me know what you ladies think. Thanks in advance!

kittenz

Kinda OT but is BSL touching or covering the bra-strap?

@Poohbear you've been holding out! You're well past APL and obviously BSB!

HappilyLiberal

Not Quite Pooh Bear... but if you were to flat iron it completely straight maybe. I wouldn't flat iron just to do a length check, though!

naturalTAN

This confuses me as well. :perplexed

Her hair is touching her brastrap, but y'all are saying she's not bsl? I thought as long as it touched, that it "counted".

I thought the only confusion came when some women wore their bra high, which poohbear doesn't do based on the picture because it's below her shoulder blade.

Janet'

I don't like using BSL for a "claimer" because it's so very subjective...For me, BSL (because I wear my bra so low) is really the beginning of MBL...I claimed BSB and kept it moving as should you!!!! :congrats: :congrats:

Last edited:

Evolving78

Congrats lady! i am so proud of you! i have watched your hair grow from the start! now if i could just join you in the celebration?... :lachen: BSB it is!

Aireen

Totally agree with Janet, BSL is subjective and bra straps are sometimes too high or too low. You should be looking for hair to reach BSB, right at or underneath the shoulder blade. You've made it Poohbear, claim BSB. :grin:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Thanks for your honest opinions ladies. I will claim bottom of shoulder blade length for right now. I hope I reach BSL/MBL soon, either by the end of December or sometime next year. April 2011 was the last time I cut my hair. And right now, I haven't used a flat-iron since September. I hope I retain all my growth from now on.

goodwinmd1

I also agree with Janet and Aireen about BSB. You are definitely there. Congrats! HHG to MBL, which looks to be about the base of your bra strap.

Whimsy

:look: I know most of you dislike these type of threads, and I never thought I would create one asking you ladies your opinion on my hair length. I've been APL forever and been hoping for BSL by the end of this year 2011.

I personally love these threads.

I get to see someone's progress, and cheer them on if they're on target.....and if they're delusional or have their bras up to their nape I get a good giggle.:grin:

LongLeggedLife

I counted myself when it was able to touch without holding it b/c I can grab it and seem like I'm MBL, but it only falls to BSL (if that makes sense).

Nonie

kittenz, I think touching or covering would both be BSL--it just depends on each person (like some people will "call it" when only one hair touches, while others wait till more touch or pass so there's no doubt whatsoever). The problem with BSL though is there isn't a set position called BSL because bra position can vary:

And some anal person could argue that the middle of Poohbear's bra is kinda raised up and not at the level of the sides, etc.

Thanks for your honest opinions ladies. I will claim bottom of shoulder blade length for right now. I hope I reach BSL/MBL soon, either by the end of December or sometime next year. April 2011 was the last time I cut my hair. And right now, I haven't used a flat-iron since September. I hope I retain all my growth from now on.

Poohbear, in recent years, we've sorta replaced BSL with BSB...because BSL could be at APL for some and at MBL for others. And so with differing points of view, each person will agree or disagree based on where they personally wear their own bras.

Using body parts as a gauge for length seems to be more consistent for each person. Because no matter where your bra strap lies, your shoulder blades will always be in the same position. So yes, you are Below Shoulder Blade and your next milestone will be MBL.

So I say claim BSB because you are indeed there!

Aireen

I personally love these threads.

I get to see someone's progress, and cheer them on if they're on target.....and if they're delusional or have their bras up to their nape I get a good giggle.:grin:

:lachen: :lachen: @ the bolded.

You're so positive.