Why lock a fotki????

Prettyeyes

I never thought it was necessary for me. But I updated today and received tons of visits from this forum and my other forum but I got very little feedback. This has never happenend to me before.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm happy that so many checked out my progress and I know that people are busy BUT for so many to not leave a comment is kind of strange.

Should I take it as people being unfriendly or just be glad by all the visits. IDK, I don't always leave a comment when I'm stalking but when someone updates I try to comment.

IS THIS WHY SOME LOCK THEIR FOTKI????????AND JUST SHARE WITH HAIR FRIENDS??????

Neith

Dang :look:

Girl, take a break from your fotki! lol

I'm sure it's not personal. The internet is a wacky place, next update you'll likely have twice as many comments.

Kay.Dee

I probably have really bad fotki ettiquette anyways, but I really don't leave comments too often. I did in the beginning, but now I look at entirely too many albums and I'm sure most people already know that they are working with a beautiful head of hair. Usually most of the previously posted comments have already summed up what I would have typed anyhow.

And it doesn't bother me if people don't leave comments for me. I guess I just use fotki to track my progress. As long as I see my progress, I'm fine, but I understand that comments are nice once in a while.

malachi74

i don't have my own fokti yet, but I do browse around some of you guys foktis and i have never left a comment. I didn't know you had to and i didn't realize it would be perceived as rude. Also because I don't have one, I thought you had to be a fokti member to post a comment.

I think the ladies who do lock their foktis probably do it because they want to prevent people from outside the forums to look at their pics and/or personal stuff. There are a lot of weird stalker-types out there...you never know.

JustKiya

I don't think that anyone would lock their fotki because people visited & didn't leave comments - esp. since that's the best way to assure that you won't get any......:grin:

I don't think I've ever left a comment on a fotki.....and I don't really expect them, either.

I don't know - maybe you should start a poll and see how many people expect comments/always leave comments.... it would be interesting.

dm81

Fotkis are just like forums....you don't post in every thread that you read, sometimes you just browse.

manegoal

Your hair is beautiful. I visited you before and today. I visit a lot of albums of members here and there and also ppl not on boards at all. I don't always leave comments but if she answers or responses to me I am more likely to come back too.

longhairdreamzz

Well lately, I've been wishing that no one locked their fotki's.:sad: Lately, I can't even access a locked fotki whether I have the correct password or not. I think it's a technical issue....The only thing I can think of is maybe some people are having tech problems and it's not allowing them to respond on your fotki.

Prettyeyes

I don't think that anyone would lock their fotki because people visited & didn't leave comments - esp. since that's the best way to assure that you won't get any......:grin:

I don't think I've ever left a comment on a fotki.....and I don't really expect them, either.

I don't know - maybe you should start a poll and see how many people expect comments/always leave comments.... it would be interesting.

lol at the bold! A poll would be interesting.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I personally didn't comment because I figured you would see me. I make sure that I log in. :lachen: It's so funny because I was going to type something "that you and hubby look like teenagers" but I never did, and I don't know why. That was early this morning though. :lachen:

Prettyeyes

please don't feel bad if you didn't comment cause i am not even sure how i feel about it. I wanted to get a few perspectives.

HoneyDew

Most times I just don't feel like leaving a comment, which means I have to log in to my account. Sometimes I don't really have anything to say. Honestly Fotki pics tend to be the same - hair hair and more hair. Most time I don't have anything extraordinary to say about the pics. I have left comments from time to time but it is not something I am that big on.

Was there anything that you were expecting people to say? Believe me, over time you get comments.

My fotki is locked right now, but not because of comments. As a matter of fact I have to comment feature turned of in my fotki. Mine is locked right now because I don't feel like dealing with it, or the idea that I need to update it.

Irresistible

things have changed now a days from how it used to be, but when you do a post here, you will get comments mostly here and only some on fotki, people feel that commenting on the thread here is the same as commenting to you, I also agree with the poster that said you will get them over time-Things arent like they used to be where people followed that fokti ettiquete thing anymore, I think I lost alot of comments and interactions when I stopped responding to every comment-but it was alot at times to keep up with-so it was a trade off I had to take.

aloof one

Are you a celebrity? Is fotki that crucial?

:look: Come on now. It is fotki, not a big deal. Its pictures of hair, etc. is all. No need for fan mail :lachen:. Sorry to laugh. I just honestly realized why I stopped visiting locked fotkis, and why I hardly ever comment on fotkis (probably why nobody comments on mine anymore :lachen:):

As far as why people don't comment? There's no point in it. They came, they saw, they moved on to the next fotki. If youre gonna put pics up, then people are gonna see them. No obligation to comment, and plus that takes a lot of time. People only comment when they really have something to say.

ETA: I wouldn't consider people viewing and not commenting as unfriendly though

hopeful

I checked out your fotki earlier today. I almost commented that your hair from the back looked similiar to DLewis, but I didn't, idk why. I was also a bit overwhelmed by your fotki because there were so many pics and i couldn't figure out which were the new pics you referred to in your post. Also, I tend to leave messages when people claim a length, recently bc'd or are sharing that they overcame a hurdle, etc.

Prettyeyes

Are you a celebrity? Is fotki that crucial?

:look: Come on now. It is fotki, not a big deal. Its pictures of hair, etc. is all. No need for fan mail :lachen:. Sorry to laugh. I just honestly realized why I stopped visiting locked fotkis, and why I hardly ever comment on fotkis (probably why nobody comments on mine anymore :lachen:):

As far as why people don't comment? There's no point in it. They came, they saw, they moved on to the next fotki. If youre gonna put pics up, then people are gonna see them. No obligation to comment, and plus that takes a lot of time. People only comment when they really have something to say.

ETA: I wouldn't consider people viewing and not commenting as unfriendly though

NO. I am the one that is sorry. Sorry, that you felt the need to reply to me with such sarcasm and rudeness. I would never treat a lhcfer that way.

Now as far as your point about their being no need for comments I disagree. As other members have said maybe things are changing. I am used to fotki being a way to support my hair buddies and for them to support me.I was a BHM moderator for a long time and I am on four forums. I treasure my hair friends. It's not just hair it's my hobby. I spend time on the boards trying to learn, grow, help etc. So maybe it's not rude to not comment everytime but if you are constantly on someone's album I think it would be kind of you to leave a comment occasionally!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
And sometimes people could honestly just not be impressed enough to comment. I mean no one would leave a comment saying "well, your hair really isn't all that" LOL. (not meaning you, just generally speaking)

winnettag

Fotkis are just like forums....you don't post in every thread that you read, sometimes you just browse.

I agree. There is no rhyme or reason for when I leave comments.
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I have gotten better at it because I realized some people consider it rude. I just look through several at a time for inspiration and keep it moving. :ohwell:
You know you have gorgeous past BSL hair! :grin:

winnettag

And sometimes people could honestly just not be impressed enough to comment. I mean no one would leave a comment saying "well, your hair really isn't all that" LOL. (not meaning you, just generally speaking)

That's true too, but even then I try to find something nice to say.

aloof one

NO. I am the one that is sorry. Sorry, that you felt the need to reply to me with such sarcasm and rudeness. I would never treat a lhcfer that way.

Now as far as your point about their being no need for comments I disagree. As other members have said maybe things are changing. I am used to fotki being a way to support my hair buddies and for them to support me.I was a BHM moderator for a long time and I am on four forums. I treasure my hair friends. It's not just hair it's my hobby. I spend time on the boards trying to learn, grow, help etc. So maybe it's not rude to not comment everytime but if you are constantly on someone's album I think it would be kind of you to leave a comment occasionally!

geez... I really didn't realize it was that big a deal...

Hence me saying it wasn't a big deal. IMO.

Irresistible

I really dont think you were so wrong for hoping for more feedback on your fotki, some of us put alot into our fotki's and updating, but I guess I just got used to how things changed a long time ago, so I dont expect it or hope or even think twice about it. Alot of us changed though, some of us felt like the fotki thing had gotten out of control, keeping up with comments and returning them, so it had to stop and the only way to stop was just stop or it would keep going and going trying to keep up, sometimes it just used to be too much

Thats what it is for me-not commenting anywhere much on fotki anymore. Sometimes I hate knowing I wont be able to commit to responding to every comment, because it just doesnt feel right after how I used to handle my fotki, but the madness was just way out of control and I think many of us from back then seemed to have made similar changes with trying to gain some control over the fotki madness that used to go on

Tarae

I think that's all it is. When I first found hair boards I was always in fotkis, admiring hair pics and progress. Now, I rarely look at fotkis.

I understand you wanting comments, but at least people are still viewing your pics. And no comments are better than some rude comments you see popping up in fotkis, causing people to make their's locked or private.

aloof one

I think that's all it is. When I first found hair boards I was always in fotkis, admiring hair pics and progress. Now, I rarely look at fotkis.

I understand you wanting comments, but at least people are still viewing your pics. And no comments are better than some rude comments you see popping up in fotkis, causing people to make their's locked or private.

co-sign.

People just don't have the time to be sitting up commenting on every fotki. Its not a job, you know? Even if it is a hobby most folks dont have that much time on their hands. Think of all the people viewing your fotki, and think about whether they have a life or what kind of time they have on their hands. It takes seconds to flip through some pictures... several minutes when you add it up to sit down and comment on each separate fotki site.

Yes it takes time to take pictures, but that doesn't mean they owe you the time to comment. Many of them take pictures themselves and have their own sites, not just fotki. Many have jobs, etc. When I get home from work I may get on fotki and look at some peoples (since I dont even have time to update my own) ... but Im not gonna sit up and comment. Just take the fact that they came as a compliment.

lilsparkle825

i know of a *few* people who have theirs locked because of weirdos...and one or two who got really mean comments (IDK what they said, but i guess they were bad enough to warrant locking everything down) but i usually dont visit locked fotkis unless it's someone whose hair i REALLY admire. i'm not gonna do anything but forget the pw anyway :lachen:

but when i was a lurker once upon a time all i did was stay in unlocked fotkis...that is how i got the motivation to transition, hairstyle ideas, and how-tos before i got the balls to join. even now i do lots of looking and little commenting, although if there is something i really like i may be so inclined to say something. as for privacy concerns, i made my pics accessible by members only and i'm straight. like someone else said the fotki is so i can look back a few weeks or months or what have you and say DANG my hair grew! i consider the visits to be more important than the comments anyway...almost like i am educating people the way they educate me.

Lucky's Mom

I never thought it was necessary for me. But I updated today and received tons of visits from this forum and my other forum but I got very little feedback. This has never happenend to me before.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm happy that so many checked out my progress and I know that people are busy BUT for so many to not leave a comment is kind of strange.

Should I take it as people being unfriendly or just be glad by all the visits. IDK, I don't always leave a comment when I'm stalking but when someone updates I try to comment.

IS THIS WHY SOME LOCK THEIR FOTKI????????AND JUST SHARE WITH HAIR FRIENDS??????

This is why I did.

Crazies on the internet