Why lock a fotki????

LongHairDreams

I leave comments depending on my mood.

the only thing I don't like about locked fotki's is the DOUBLE LOCKING!! I can see locking a folder, but locking each album in the folder is a little overboard and annoying. I don't even bother with those.

I have the "guest" feature turned off so people can't see me comming and going. But, I can't see people comming and going. I also have it to where people can't leave annonomous comments (thats most important).

ctcks

I think the response from this thread proves people do respond. You have to remember, your hair is important to YOU. But each person is dealing with their own challenges and hair goals, and, unfortunately, responding to every Fotki whether it's an update or not, would be way too time-consuming. Also, I'd rather reply to a thread rather than leave Fotki comments because sometime people don't get back to the Fotki right away. Feedback is nice but not always necessary.

genesis132

It doesn't bother me, because it's not that serious for me. My original fotki was never locked. But since we are open to the world wide web, people are free to copy your picture and use anyway they please. At least, I know that anyone who views my album came from LHCF or requested my password, and it'll be much easier to track 'em down :poke:. Sometimes I leave a comment, most of the time I don't. Unless I want to know how they acheived certain results.

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me either if someone leaves or comment or not. Sometimes, I lurk my "usual" albums for inspiration, and don't leave a comment. I do try to respond to people that leave comments for me, but as someone stated before, it becomes a job. Now I will say that I have entertained locking my albums. I didn't think it was a big deal, and frankly I was kinda annoyed at those ladies who locked their albums, until I had some wierdo leave comments on my page, and then emailed me asking for sexual favors. He/She even tried to IM me on my yahoo account. Very strange and very persistent, so now I understand why people lock their albums.