Why not to use mineral oil on scalp?

UmSumayyah

Mineral Oil

Used in many personal-care products (baby oil is 100% mineral oil!), this ingredient actually coats the skin just like plastic wrap, disrupting the skin’s natural immune barrier and inhibiting its ability to breathe and absorb the Natural Moisture Factor (moisture and nutrition). As the body’s largest organ of elimination, it is vital that the skin be free to release toxins. But mineral oil impedes this process, allowing toxins to accumulate, which can promote acne and other disorders. It also slows down skin function and normal cell development, resulting in premature aging of the skin.

Taken from http://www.lindachae.com/MineralOil.htm

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
Thanks for the info!

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

My accupuncturist also says products containing mineral oil should not be used on the skin either. Including Johnson's Baby Oil.

You're so right. As an Arbonne consultant, I am aware of the harm mineral oil can do to your skin. Here is a test you can try at home.

Fill one small bowl with baby oil(mineral oil) and one with water. Place a saltine cracker in each bowl and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. At that time, you should observe that the saltine is soft and mushy, indicating that it absorbed the water. The saltine in the oil,however, is still rigid and you can pick it up and crumble it. This is proof that mineral oil coats rather than is absorbed.

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
You're so right. As an Arbonne consultant, I am aware of the harm mineral oil can do to your skin. Here is a test you can try at home.

Fill one small bowl with baby oil(mineral oil) and one with water. Place a saltine cracker in each bowl and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. At that time, you should observe that the saltine is soft and mushy, indicating that it absorbed the water. The saltine in the oil,however, is still rigid and you can pick it up and crumble it. This is proof that mineral oil coats rather than is absorbed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Melodee
wink.gif

Back