Why the heck is Ateya ripping out her hair like this?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whimsy

I just hope people watching her don't try her techniques and expect healthy hair growth, that's all...

Roux

<<<<< doesn't argue with the Ateeya stans that drink the SmuUUuuuUUuve Complexions Kool Aid anymore.

Roux

I just hope people watching her don't try her techniques and expect healthy hair growth, that's all...

funny that you mention this because I remember on the other board a LOT of people were adopting her protein heavy, high heat usage, beat up your hair like it owes you money regimen for growth...some even on their childrens's hair and then came back asking how to recover from the breakage and heat damage they experienced from it.

Whimsy

funny that you mention this because I remember on the other board a LOT of people were adopting her protein heavy, high heat usage, beat up your hair like it owes you money regimen for growth...some even on their childrens's hair and then came back asking how to recover from the breakage and heat damage they experienced from it.

See that just makes me sad. :perplexed

iri9109

Not picking on your comment, but 9 outta 10 wigs she wears are somewhere between apl-bsl. So on some level Ateyaa prefers the look/feel of long hair over that of her current or past lengths. It stands to reason that if her current length were her goal, the wigs that she would wear would reflect that more often than not.

if wigs are her style of choice, then bsl hair ist really necessary if its just gonna be wrapped up under a wig cap...she can just throw on the apl or bsl wig and not have to wash and detangle and maintain all that length...i dont know her length goals but its quite possible she's happy with her length...it looks similar to how i used to wear my relaxed hair, and before my HHJ, personally i would be fine having her length and the way her hair looks... the swang and shine is good, and it looks healthy, despite her methods.

TrueToHair

I just say you do what works for you. Maybe she isn't tender-headed.

Yeah, I think people are shocked because you really can hear the ripping. But obviously she's happy, so yeah to each her own.

I do agree with Whimsy that this is why you can't take hair tutorials as gospel. You must test and find out what works for you.

KurlyNinja

Yeah, I think people are shocked because you really can hear the ripping. But obviously she's happy, so yeah to each her own.

I do agree with Whimsy that this is why you can't take hair tutorials as gospel. You must test and find out what works for you.

I just want to know who is gonna be the first to try the "ripping through your hair" method? Any takers? Maybe we should get a "Snap, Krackle and Pop" Challenge started?

TrueToHair

I just want to know who is gonna be the first to try the "ripping through your hair" method? Any takers? Maybe we should get a "Snap, Krackle and Pop" Challenge started?

Bwahahahaha! Okay, but if someone is just starting her hair journey and doesn't know, she might think, "Hey, maybe it's a good idea to 'detangle' those 'thick' roots right after washing." Sure it sounds silly to you but we were all newbies at one point. Case in point:

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Now I got that Ateeyaaa song stuck in my head...

"We gonna cook with Ateyaa, Ateyaa, Ateyaa, Ateyaa" :ohwell:

BoaterGirlKim

I can't believe how much hair was in the comb...and that she was okay with it. If I get more than 5 strands in a combing session (I'm relaxed but stretch so have a lot of NG) I get antsy.

Simply_elle

Is the phrase "This is what works for me" some biblical incantation that makes the person making the statement beyond questioning or comment?

Cuz if so, I'ma copywrite that phrase and sell it to folks who want carte blanche to do and say dumb ish and never get called on it.

~~~~~~~~~
Depending on the last time she detangled, I don't think she pulled out that much hair. But she's not doing herself any favors by combing from root to tip.

Well said :)

Well, it works for her...:blah: Dude spare us, it's been rampant these days... open forum= no right or wrong. Don't blindly challenge just because you can. Makes you look kind of dumb... Please, articulate...even.. defend the yanking of the strands? huh? anyone..riggghhttt *chime in ya'll* its..its..Because she can!!...*indignant pout*

Annddd... For Ms.Ateya...
I love her personality, and she's cute and funny. I think she still subscribes to the heat and beat methods (which most BW do..)... hard to watch when your thinking uh... Not a way to treat delicate afro hair (kinda like watching a toddler run in the street ect.). I love my hair dear God I love it!! AND your not going to ever see me comb it like that... So to watch another breezy pull hers out like a man "coloring" with his woman... yeah ima call her out... Boo thats a nono.

OP: I know you wouldn't comb your hair like that...BC it's the bomb and i'd hunt you down :)

Simply_elle

OH! And I've not seen any Ateyaa threads before either!!!

(*Nikki Minaj voice* and the...be talkin' bout the old days...)

curlyninjagirl

She is an example, an example does not have to be good. She isn't Mother Teresa or something, she is just a woman on Youtube who shows what works for HER.

That video right there was a very good example........of how my hair stayed at shoulder length most of my life!:lachen:

Last edited:

InchHighPrivateEye

Okay, I'm not done with the video, so there may be just this amazing final product, but how come when she finishes flat ironing a section it just sit there looking stupid? I want her to clip her ends. And what is wrong with thick hair!?:mad: That's a good thing!

ETA: the end result was very pretty. She be workin that fine tooth comb, honey.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Okay, I'm not done with the video, so there may be just this amazing final product, but how come when she finishes flat ironing a section it just sit there looking stupid? I want her to clip her ends. And what is wrong with thick hair!?:mad: That's a good thing!

thats the same thing i was thinking, i would have been done with just the blow drying because after that it was already straight with bounce!

her hair looks good tho, but i love thickness, thickness is what most of was crave and work for around here.

SuchaLady

I've been a lurker here for awhile but I just cant help but feel as if you've read one Ateeya thread you've read them all. I will say this again. Until I hear her with my own two ears express her desire for longer hair I will take that as her being happy with her length. I'm not reading body language, I'm not going by her choice of wigs, I need to hear her say it. And as far as her hair practices, I say this with all the humbleness of my heart but how is her washing, blowdrying, and flat ironing any more off the wall then some of the things I have seen on here such as putting oil for horses or yeast infection cream in one's head?

Status
Not open for further replies.