Wild Weed Super Hair Growth Balm

luvmesumhair

Has anyone used this before? It looks interesting. I am not so interested in that is is "Supposed to enhance growth" but the fact that is softens the hair. I am looking for something to use on my CROWN area. Read the info below and pls tell me what you think.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000F6VR5Q/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3760911&s=beauty
  • Strengthen weak, damage, over process hair.
  • Soften and tame dry, frizzy, unruly, hard to manage hair.
  • Restore moisture PH balance to hair shaft.
  • Encourage strong, healthy, pliable hair growth.
Indications
Super hair growth leave in hair conditioner for African American Women.

Ingredients
Cetyl Alcohol, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Lanolin, Wheat Protein, Dimethicone (silicone softener, gives the hair a shiny, slippery feel. Provides excellent wet & dry combing, conditioning, softness & silky gloss), Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, (Strengthen the hair shaft, leaves it resistant to brakage), Silk Amino Acid (liquid silk), Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E, Soy Protein, Castor Oil, D-Panthenol, Vitamin B-5, Honey, Glycerin (retains moisture in the hair). BHT, EDTA, Coconut Oil, Fragrance.

Directions
Massage into hair and scalp daily, Comb and style as desired. Use for at least two weeks to see results.

It has gotten really good reviews on Amazon.com.:yep:

BlackGeisha

Has anyone used this before? It looks interesting. I am not so interested in that is is "Supposed to enhance growth" but the fact that is softens the hair. I am looking for something to use on my CROWN area. Read the info below and pls tell me what you think.

hi luvmesumhair have you tried adding honey to your conditioner or deep conditioner? It makes my hair really soft (which is a miracle.) :lachen:
I don't add it to the bottle but I mix it in a bowl right before I condition.

yvonne123

I always pay attention to the ingredients listed first. Cetyl alcohol is the first ingredient which means it's a primary ingredient in this product. Nothing with alcohol, especially as a primary ingredient is good for the hair.

luvmesumhair

hi luvmesumhair have you tried adding honey to your conditioner or deep conditioner? It makes my hair really soft (which is a miracle.) :lachen:
I don't add it to the bottle but I mix it in a bowl right before I condition.

Hi BlackGeisha. Yes I have done it in the past. Are you saying don't waste my money on this and just use the honey in the conditioner?

LaidBak

I always pay attention to the ingredients listed first. Cetyl alcohol is the first ingredient which means it's a primary ingredient in this product. Nothing with alcohol, especially as a primary ingredient is good for the hair.

Not all alcohols are bad. Cetyl Alcohol is not drying. Its an emollient; it protects from moisture loss. There are many good threads on here about ingredients and what they do that would be worth researching.

SiobhanM

20 dollars?? Uhm NO! lol
Nice ingredient list though. I really dont see anything in there that can promote growth, unless someone can correct me.
I think it probably keeps your hair moisturized to help retain the length.