Wilderness Testimonies?

Do_Si_Dos

So I am realizing I am in a wilderness experience right now. It is getting really difficult but I am really seeing the goodness of God in my situation. Ladies stay encouraged and let's keep each other lifted up in prayer.

Butterfly08

^^^^
There is just something about being able to see when God made a promise or you made a request and you can go back and check it off as coming to pass!

:yep: Journaling is what helped me to realize that one of the ways God speaks to me is in visions. I started remembering the dreams and visions I had been having and how several of them (not all though) were manifesting. It really is a valuable tool in your spiritual walk.

i Just came out of one.. don't know how to explainit without sounding crazy

Just give it a try! We'd love to hear your testimony.

Guitarhero

I have a new one. It has to deal with people who are spiteful. When others say awful things about you but you are not guilty of that, be strong. That is certainly a wilderness. Everyone has been affected by this recession but some of us more than others, depending upon their whole situation.

It seemed that a certain ex- was getting all the cake and eating it too and speaking negatively continuously to people who don't ever see both sides. I kept my cool, held my head up, deflected the nasty flaming arrows of the enemy (gossip, horrid accusations etc.) and still, somehow, I've come out on top yet again.

But the thickest part of that wilderness was not feeling that G-d was blessing another over me because that would be jealousy setting in, it was recognizing out of humility the sheer desperation of the spiteful person to attempt to destroy another. That person needs prayer and if you wait long enough, you will see that the hand that G-d has on His faithful is not quite the same as the hand on those who harm others. It's not the same. So, my wilderness was gaining more compassion to pray. I've already had my crossing the Red Sea moment, now time to pray for my enemies through loving them enough to see beyond the hatred. Another peeling of the onion skin gone. What a relief. G-d wishes us to have compassion for others. It's not about what I can get, it's what the whole community of G-d can get, including those who do evil. They are also welcomed into the house of G-d. Hopefully, they will change in their hearts before it is too late. But compassion for all...that's what He desires.

Exod. 33:18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory." 19And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live." 21Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

Last edited:

luthiengirlie

at first it was tinnitus.. I was being driven mad.... I just well I still have it.. i thought it was over but it keeps going. I'm getting tired and i recently got my heart broken... i just can't do it anymore.
Just give it a try! We'd love to hear your testimony.[/QUOTE]

LovelyRo

Last time I posted, I shared that I thought I was at the end of my wilderness experience... But, it's not over.

Last edited:

phynestone

Last time I posted, I shared that I thought I was at the end of my wilderness experience... But, it's not over.

God speaks to me in many different ways and while at church a few weeks ago, I asked God if it was over and if it was over send me a sign through this particular song I've been wanting to hear the choir sing for the LONGEST (I know, I was reaching)... instead the choir sang, "It ain't over." I just burst out in tears because I'm thinking, "how much more of this can I take?"

Contrary to this message I received, everything has been going well. Me and my son's father are developing a better relationship as parents. We've both adjusted to the way things are. He's more honest, less temperamental and the communication has done a complete 360!

Anyhow, one evening I was reading Power of a Praying Woman, praying and meditating on what direction God wants me to go in my life (career wise). Sometimes, I like to meditate listening to a particular song and I was lead to "Say Yes," by Shekinah Glory. So as I'm praying, I'm thinking about my career, my job and what's next... my heart was heavy because I am truly ready for the next level and I don't want to make any moves that are not His will for my life. So as I'm mediating, I receive a message from God..."Bring (son's father) back to me (as in God)." Now, I was thrown off... I wasn't even thinking about him. Plus, I wasn't even sure he had a true relationship with God. I questioned how I was supposed to do that. We don't even have the type of relationship where I can have a general conversation with him. Plus, he has taken me through so much... caused me so much misery! I mean I only want communicate with him when it comes to my son. So after my fit... I began to listen to the lyrics of "Say Yes" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czbWefFnmqE) and I began to see my situation differently. Not only was this experience used to bring me back to God, to show me how powerful his grace and mercy is... it's for HIM to then use me so that he can be glorified. My son's father is battling some serious demons... he's just a hurt person and a black cloud seems to follow him wherever he goes. His presence literally brings darkness.

Since then, I've been praying for my son's father (fervent prayers) as a start. I've asked God to work on our relationship and provide opportunities for us to develop a friendship and to speak through me every time we encounter each other. All I can say is, I see God working...

I was listening to a sermon the other day and the Pastor said something along the lines of "we are brought to certain situations and encounter certain people to bring them to God." Now I get it...

So as I go on this journey, please pray for me ladies. It's really difficult to not allow past hurt to dictate how I interact with this person.

I think we all struggle with this. Keep praying and believing in HIM. A mighty work is being done in you.

Butterfly08

All4Tris so many of your circumstances are similar to mine. I am also facing an extended Wilderness experience and it's definitely not over. I'm still waiting for and praying for breakthru. I do get weary sometimes. I know we walk by faith and not by sight but at some point there should be manifestation if we're faithful and obedient. :(

Siggggghhhhhhh....I feel you. I am praying for my ex as well. It's a challenge...

foxee

Received this in my inbox today, just thought I'd share:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. —Psalm 23:4

Are you walking through a valley? As you walk, Jesus is walking alongside you, ready to pick you up if you should stumble. He is holding your hand and talking with the Father about your situation.

He is constantly presenting you to the Father. This is His only purpose in heaven. He calls your name before the throne, and He points to the mercy seat covered by His precious blood.

Today is no surprise to God. Tomorrow's headlines will not surprise Him either! He knows tomorrow better than you know yesterday. He has gone before you and prepared the way. You never walk alone. He is Jehovah- Jireh, the God who provides your need before you have a need.

If He is leading and you are following, you have nothing to fear. In fact, tomorrow in Christ is filled with possibilities, hope, and new beginnings.

Thank You, Jesus, for going ahead of me and securing
my tomorrows. So today, I will rest in You—setting
aside every fear, anxiety, and worry. Amen.

Butterfly08

at first it was tinnitus.. I was being driven mad.... I just well I still have it.. i thought it was over but it keeps going. I'm getting tired and i recently got my heart broken... i just can't do it anymore.
Just give it a try! We'd love to hear your testimony.
[/QUOTE]

You CAN do it, you WILL make it, don't let the enemy convince you otherwise. I fell off for about a week and I had to realize that getting angry and not trusting God doesn't get me anywhere. So I dusted myself off and recommitted. You've come this far, don't give up now.

How is everyone doing today?

I'm ok. I am still in the Wilderness but I feel like I'm in a pushing stage. Maybe that means my "baby", my promise is close. It feels like I've been pushing forever. This reminds me of when several women at my church all got pregnant around the same time. As we started comparing labor stories everyone else told me their pushing stage was 5 - 10 minutes. Mine was well over an hour. :wallbash:

That's how I feel now. Like the pushing and pain won't ever end. I really have to renew my mind daily so that I don't give up. Because in labor, after 14 hours that's what I did when that pushing stage got bad. I said, "I need a break!" It's funny now because everyone in the room was like "No! You can't stop now!" :lol: That's what I have to tell myself when it feels like my pushing stage is so much longer and harder than others.

LovelyRo

Butterfly... I completely understand what you are saying... I just want to say it could be worse! I pushed for 4 hours! :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

Anyhow, I'm doing OK today. Every time I lose sight of God's plan, I become angry and discouraged. Yesterday I realized that in the past couple of weeks, I haven't be committed to what He has called me to do. The devil is trying really hard to distract me. As new things are revealed to me, I just want to grab my son and run as far away as I can. I know that's only working against God's plan. I just have to keep the faith!

Last edited:

Sashaa08

Thanks, Foxee! I encourage everybody to listen to this message. Very encouraging! I especially like where Pastor Osteen says that just because you encounter hard times and adversity doesn't automatically mean you have done something wrong-in fact, it could be that you are doing something right and you are becoming a serious threat to the enemy.

I also like when he explains that although the rain falls on the just and unjust, the difference is for the Christian, that no weapon formed against us shall prosper! Agreed and amen!

OhmyKimB

Everytime I agree to do what God wants to attempt to do which he is telling me will bring me to the net place why does it seem like MORE gets shut down????

foxee

Okay ladies, I need your help! We've discussed what it's like to be in a wilderness, but how do we know for sure when our wilderness has run its course? It's been a year since my journey began and these days I'm feeling better than ever! Of course I'm still in a work in progress but so many things I've prayed about have come to pass.

Any advice for me? :)

LovingLady

Okay ladies, I need your help! We've discussed what it's like to be in a wilderness, but how do we know for sure when our wilderness has run its course? It's been a year since my journey began and these days I'm feeling better than ever! Of course I'm still in a work in progress but so many things I've prayed about have come to pass.

That is a great question. I am wondering the same thing.

loolalooh

That is a great question. I am wondering the same thing.

I believe the answer to this question is when "God says it's over". Literally. We all know he speaks to each of us differently - whether through a vision, dream, particular Scripture, other Christians, or an actual voice. Through whichever means, He will tell you when it's over; that is my belief and that's been my experience of recent. Just be still and listen carefully.:yep: He revealed to me to follow a set of instructions for exiting the wilderness and entering the Promised Land over the course of the next several months. The set of instructions is analogous to Him instructing the Israelites on how/when to enter Canaan. God may or may not give you actual instructions, but He will tell you "It's time" and what you need to do. The window will not be large enough for much err; I know that if I mess up, I'll be back in the wilderness for some years.

I hope this helps and Hopefully others chime in as well ...

LovingLady

Thank you for the reply loolalooh. I don't want to be hear any longer than I need to be so I am keeping my eyes on God. I pray that you move swiftly into your promise land.

loolalooh

I watched this broadcast yesterday and immediately thought of you ladies and this thread:

Cookies | Joel Osteen Ministries

Click the play button to watch the broadcast. You can fast forward about halfway to get to the message.

Thank you so much for sharing this sermon, Foxee! I, too, encourage everyone to watch this.

Some quotes from the sermon ...

For many of you, like the people of Israel, you are right next door to your Promised Land. Your due season is right around the corner ... Now is not the time to get discouraged... It's the time to stay in faith.

You wouldn't be alive if God didn't have a purpose for you.

But on Friday, during the test, the teacher will just stand back and watch you quietly take the exam. They know that you're prepared and ready to put into practice what you've learned. Well, in the same way with God ... when it seems like He's silent, and we don't hear anything or feel anything, it doesn't mean that God has left you ... it doesn't mean that God isn't concerned. He's right there with you during the test. The silence means that God has you prepared. ... God being silent isn't a sign that he has forsaken you ... it is a sign that He has great confidence in you.

If you pass the discouragement test, you'll step into a new level of your destiny. If you'll just keep shaking off the discouragement ... God will keep taking you higher and higher.... If the enemy can't keep you discouraged, you have taken away one of his greatest weapons.

Butterfly08

Foxee and Lolalooh that is great news! Foxee you did ask a great question and off the top of my head I am not sure. From my reading it is a new place, a place you've never been. It could be a physical place or a spiritual one - perhaps for the first time in your life living free from some sort of bondage - shame, fear, lust, rebellion, unforgiveness, lack of faith. Perhaps it is a new job, a restored relationship, an awesome opportunity. It is a land of abundance, overflowing with milk and honey, but there are different challenges and you still have to stay close to God so that you don't get distracted by the good things God has provided for you there.

But I do agree that God will speak to you and confirm that you are there or are approaching. The wilderness was to starve out some old Egyptian mindsets and remove the ungodly influences that blocked you from fully trusting in God. So if you're entering your Promised Land you should be close enough to God now where you know His voice, and where you can ask Him to confirm to you what stage you are in, if you have arrived yet. :)

I'm still trudging along, and I really haven't seen any breakthru on the 3 things on my prayer list. I do struggle from time to time but not as much as I used to. I got to a point where I said if those 3 things don't get answered I'll keep trusting that God will work some good out of it. My personal deadline is 3 months away and still nothing :ohwell: but I'll keep trusting God.

For years I thought my name meant Butterfly in Arabic. (You see that's my screen name). But recently when I researched I couldn't find this meaning. I say that because recently I felt led to research the metamorphosis of a butterfly. I was really astounded by what I found, how closely it resembled my present circumstances - the lonely and miraculous process of transforming from a caterpillar to a butterfly. I wrote it all out in my journal, so I'll be back soon to share it with you ladies.

OhmyKimB

I just want to say I'm tired. I'm being shifted like Peter and I'm just tired. And I really can't stop crying...and I'm just tired....

foxee

I believe the answer to this question is when "God says it's over". Literally. We all know he speaks to each of us differently - whether through a vision, dream, particular Scripture, other Christians, or an actual voice. Through whichever means, He will tell you when it's over; that is my belief and that's been my experience of recent. Just be still and listen carefully.:yep: He revealed to me to follow a set of instructions for exiting the wilderness and entering the Promised Land over the course of the next several months. The set of instructions is analogous to Him instructing the Israelites on how/when to enter Canaan. God may or may not give you actual instructions, but He will tell you "It's time" and what you need to do. The window will not be large enough for much err; I know that if I mess up, I'll be back in the wilderness for some years.

I hope this helps and Hopefully others chime in as well ...

Foxee and Lolalooh that is great news! Foxee you did ask a great question and off the top of my head I am not sure. From my reading it is a new place, a place you've never been. It could be a physical place or a spiritual one - perhaps for the first time in your life living free from some sort of bondage - shame, fear, lust, rebellion, unforgiveness, lack of faith. Perhaps it is a new job, a restored relationship, an awesome opportunity. It is a land of abundance, overflowing with milk and honey, but there are different challenges and you still have to stay close to God so that you don't get distracted by the good things God has provided for you there.

But I do agree that God will speak to you and confirm that you are there or are approaching. The wilderness was to starve out some old Egyptian mindsets and remove the ungodly influences that blocked you from fully trusting in God. So if you're entering your Promised Land you should be close enough to God now where you know His voice, and where you can ask Him to confirm to you what stage you are in, if you have arrived yet. :)

Thank you so much ladies! I don't believe I've received confirmation from God that this is over . . it's more of a feeling that I have but I will continue to pray daily. One thing I know for sure, this wilderness has given me such an appreciation for everything in my life. From the food I eat, to my wonderful friends and family. I thank God for these things every single day and will continue to do so everyday of my life. Since I'm coming from a place where everything was literally stripped away, I will no longer take anything for granted.

I watched Osteen like I do every week and had one of those "ah-ha" moments. I sat down this morning and transcribed a portion. Here it is:

(@ 22:50)
Cookies | Joel Osteen Ministries

Think about this. When you're in school taking a test, the teacher never talks during the test. They stand up at the front of the room, very quietly, just watching all the students taking the exam. If the test is on Friday, during the week they will talk. During the week they'll get you prepared. They'll show you how to study, explain the concepts, make sure you know exactly what's on the exam. Monday through Thursday they'll be there to answer all the questions, make sure that you understand. They'll even stay after school if they need to. They'll go overboard to make sure that you're prepared for Friday. But on Friday during the test, the teacher will just stand back, very quietly and watch you take the exam. They know that you have the information that you need. They know you're prepared, you're ready, now all you got to do is put into practice what you've learned.

Well it's the same way with God. When it seems like he's silent and we don't hear anything, we don't feel anything, it doesn't mean that God has left you. It doesn't mean that God is not concerned. He's right there with you during the test. The silence means that God has you prepared. He wouldn't have given you the test unless he knew you were ready. So often we think just the opposite. When God is silent we think, "Oh man, God's mad at me. I must have been doing something wrong because I don't hear anything, I don't feel anything." No, God being silent is not a sign that he's forsaken you, it's a sign that he has great confidence in you. He knows you've got what it takes. He knows you're going to come through that test victoriously or he would not have permitted it.

Now here's the key. During the test don't get discouraged, fall apart, have a chip on your shoulder. No, put into practice what you've learned. Stay in faith. Keep being good to people. Keep coming to church. Keep blessing others. Stay in that attitude of faith. If you do that just like Naomi, you're going to come into a new season of your life. Your milk will begin to flow. In other words, God will bring things out of you that you didn't even know was in you. He'll give you supernatural ability that will take you places you've never dreamed of.

Sashaa08

I just want to say I'm tired. I'm being shifted like Peter and I'm just tired. And I really can't stop crying...and I'm just tired....

I wrote a long reply to your post, the computer froze, it was erased. The devil is a liar-I am just gonna type it again.

:kiss: There is nothing wrong with getting tired-but you cannot stop. If you are this tired that is a clear indication that you have already invested a lot of time, effort, and energy in to this task. Was it all for nothing? Of course not!

As the verse in your signature says, "though it tarry, wait for it. For it will surely come and not delay." So you can cry, and you can be tired-but you must stand and wait for it, for it will surely come. Stand on your promise. Keep praising and worshipping God. Thank Him for His kindness, generosity, and mercy. Change your focus from what has yet to manifest to past victories and daily mercies shown to you. Speak aloud your confessions of God's favor over your life. Stand still-and know that He is God. He has delivered you before and He will deliver you again.

For you my beloved:
YouTube - Donnie McClurkin - Stand

Butterfly08

Kimbb I echo Sasha's sentiments. I really feel that this wilderness has been a long process for most of us. I think the Lord understands that we will get tired and frustrated at some point, because His word admonishes us NOT to get weary in well-doing, for in due season we SHALL reap if we faint not. Trust me when I say I've gotten frustrated and angry many a time. I mull over it for awhile and then I dust myself off, reflecting on the personal growth that I have made during this extended wilderness. While this road is long, hard and lonely, I am determined NEVER to go back to Egypt. It really wasn't ANY better. Hang in there, this too shall pass!

Butterfly08

Here is my butterfly analogy. As I mentioned upthread, for almost half my life I was led to believe that my name mean Butterfly in Arabic. A man (Indian?) approached me while I was in California and told me so. Recently, I felt led to research the process of becoming a butterfly. This is when I found out that my name DOESN'T mean Butterfly. :confused: Well, a month later I researched the process anyway. Tears were flowing freely as I learned the 4 stages of becoming a butterfly.

1. EGG STAGE: Monarch mommies lay their eggs on the underside of leaves. The eggs are a tiny dot. (I see this as a period of hiding. There were many times that my talent was overlooked or my intentions were misjudged. I felt like very few people really KNEW me.

2. LARVA STAGE: The butterfly sheds its skin 5 times during this stage. Each time a NEW, LARGER skin is waiting underneath. :spinning: (I see this as a constant growth, purification and sacrificial process. For much of my life, I haven't been able to hold onto anyone that I love. I'm constantly losing people who were dear to me, from a friend who got run over by a car when he was around 8, to my dad dying right before my 18th birthday). Or friends move away or are removed from my life. I've been in a constant shedding process, BUT I also feel I have grown. My skin is better able to handle adversity and attack. I can bounce back better from disappointments and despair. I am not so needy, and I care very little what others think of me. I am more confident in my Savior and the wonderful plans He has for my life despite what my circumstances look like).

3. PUPATING STAGE: Once the caterpillar is fully grown, it leaves the milkweed and finds a safe place to pupate. It makes a silk-like mat, attaches to it, and drops down in order to hang upside down in a J shape! (Ok, this is what got me. My first name starts with a J. My life has been COMPLETELY turned upside down. I find it interesting that the caterpillar places ITSELF upside down - it recognizes that leaving the safe milkweed and dropping down is required, another sacrifice of what is comfortable, in order to allow change to take place).
During this time the caterpillar's skin sheds for the FINAL time. This time the skin is a jade GREEN casing(the color of my birthstone). Inside this tiny, inch long casing, the caterpillar will MIRACULOUSLY transform into a beautiful butterfly! :drunk: (The transformation spot is beautiful, but tight. I liken this to my present circumstances. I am living better than I ever have before, but there are 3 things missing from my life that challenge me emotionally. My place feels tight because I want to leave, but I can't. One other point - the transformation is miraculous. It will literally take a miracle from heaven in order for me to blossom fully).
As soon as the skin is shed, the chrysalis is soft (vulnerable). Once it hardens, again it turns a beautiful jade green. But inside, DRAMATING THINGS ARE HAPPENING! The mouth is changing its purpose from chewing (hard labor) to sipping nectar from flowers (sustenance that is easier to obtain from the beautiful place the butterfly is destined to be).
What was once ugly and repulsive, an outcast (reminds me of my ugly duckling years - inside and out), becomes one of the most beautiful creatures on earth! ;)

4. Finally, within the next 9 - 14 days, the transformation is complete. You can start to see the wings. BUT - INTERESTINGLY - there are NO visible signs that the butterfly will emerge from its shell! And then, SUDDENLY! The chrysalis CRACKS OPEN and OUT COMES THE BUTTERFLY!!! :clap: At first its wings are tiny, crumpled and wet. It clings to the shell in order to get a blood-like substance (the blood of the Lamb?) :grin: The butterfly is vulnerable until an hour later when its wings are fully dry and ready to fly. 4 - 6 days later, the butterfly is old enough to mate. ;)

This truly blessed me and I hope it does for you as well. What struck me was the NO VISIBLE SIGNS that the shell was about to crack. But it will, SUDDENLY. God didn't create us to live cooped up in shells all our lives. He intends us to live abundant lives and to help others through similar struggles.

OhmyKimB

I got this yesterday and I could barely read it. But I did today and hopefully it helps someone.

Francis Frangipane:
Your Appointment with Your Destiny is Still Set

Appointed Times
In spite of escalating turmoil in our world, there remains one last, great outpouring of mercy during the end times (see Matthew 24:14; Acts 2:17). This supernatural season of grace has been predetermined. It is an "appointed time" of the Lord.

For those unaware, an appointed time is, in truth, an open display of the sovereignty and power of God. In it we discover with absolute certainty that nothing is impossible for God. For this is a season when God fulfills His will on earth, fulfilling in the process His promises, and the hopes and dreams of His people.

The Psalmist wrote, "But You, O Lord, abide forever, and Your name to all generations. You will arise and have compassion on Zion; for it is time to be gracious to her, for the appointed time has come" (Psalm 102:12-13).

There is an appointed time coming for Israel, and an appointed time for you and me. If the Lord has promised, He will certainly bring it to pass.

Recall: Abraham and Sarah had waited in faith for a quarter of a century for the promise of God. Finally, as they neared one hundred years of age, the Lord told Abraham, "At the appointed time I will return to you - and Sarah will have a son" (Genesis 18:14). One year later, "at the appointed time" (Genesis 21:2), Isaac was born to aged parents!

While there are, indeed, appointed times of judgment (see Mark 13:33), the phrase most frequently represents a time, preset by God, when He reveals "wonders, plans formed long ago, [that unfold] with perfect faithfulness" (Isaiah 25:1).

Demons may stand arrayed against the Lord; nations may align themselves to fight Him. It does not matter. He who sits in the heavens laughs. For He makes "all things [His] servants" (Psalm 119:91). Even His enemies' plans for evil are reversed and made to serve the purpose of God (see Genesis 50:20; Romans 8:28; Acts 2:22-23).

If God gave you a vision, a spiritual hope or dream for your future, there will be an appointed time when that which God spoke comes to pass. Thus the Lord assures us,

"Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run. For the vision is yet for the appointed time. It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay" (Habakkuk 2:2-3).

If you have a vision or promise from God, that vision also has a time of fulfillment. Write it down and place it where you can see it every day. Though it tarries, wait for it. For it will certainly come to pass at the appointed time.

Appointed Servants of God

When the Lord manifests Himself openly in an appointed time, He actually moves through a power grid He established in hiddenness during the time of preparation. His work appears suddenly, but its preparation may have taken many years. Either way, an appointed time flows through appointed people. He predestines the time of their breakthrough in advance, even as He works silently within their hearts in preparation.

Consider the Lord's word to His disciples: "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain" (John 15:16).

Every disciple feels that, at some point, he or she chose Christ. Yet, the deeper truth is that God chose us before the foundation of the world and has been working in us. At the appointed time we choose Christ, but only after He chose us (see Ephesians 1:3-5). We could not even come to Christ had not the Father drawn us (see John 6:44).

Yet, He who chose us also appointed us to bear much fruit. The same power that worked surrender in us and then inspired our faith continues to work in our hearts throughout our days, appointing us to bear fruit. The idea that we can just sit quietly in church is a deception. You may look at your life and feel unfruitful. But God is not done with you yet. Do you believe God has chosen you? Then believe also that He has appointed you to bear fruit.

The Enemy's Work

One may argue, "But I know people who were good Christians who have fallen away." Yes, but in many cases you will find that, at some point, they fell into deep disappointment about some failed spiritual expectation. Disappointment is not just a sad, emotional state of mind; deep disappointment actually can sever our hearts from faith. It is the enemy's work. Demonically manipulated disappointment can actually "dis-appoint" a person from God's destiny for their lives.

I have known many who were doing well, moving toward their appointed destiny. The future God had for them seemed almost close enough to taste. Then they became disappointed in someone or something. By accepting into their souls this demonically manipulated disappointment, their faith turned dormant; a bitter winter took over their souls. It is here, even in the throes of disappointment, that the righteous learn to live by faith (see Habakkuk 2:1-4).

We all face times of disappointment. I went through a time when the promise of God seemed like a foolish spiritual fantasy. For nearly three years I had not been involved in pastoral ministry. No doors would open. God was doing a work in my soul to cause me to trust Him, but I felt abandoned and cut off from my calling. In a moment of abject honesty, I prayed, "Lord, You promised that those who believed in You would not be disappointed. Master, You know all things. Look at my heart. I am full of disappointment."

The Lord simply replied, "Your life is not over."

Of course, I knew that. I was a healthy young man not older than forty. Yet, the spell of disappointment had flooded my soul with darkness, causing me to conclude erroneously that God was done with me.

Listen well my friend: Satan can stop our destiny if we accept the power of disappointment into our lives. Once we accept the heaviness of a deep dis-appointment, backsliding is often not far away. You see, dis-appointment cuts us off from our vision, and without a vision people perish.

Are you carrying disappointment in your heart? Renounce it. Forgive those who have let you down. Have you personally or morally failed? Repent deeply and return to your Redeemer. Holy Spirit, I ask You to remove from my brother and sister the paralyzing sting of disappointment!

Beloved, the Spirit of God has come to release you of the effect of the dis-appointment. He reminds you, your appointment with your destiny is still set.

Francis Frangipane
Ministries of Francis Frangipane
Email: francis1[USER=272860]Fran[/USER]gipane.org

MSee

Kimbb, I read one of your post yesterday about being tired but was not able to respond. After praying I came on to tell you that the greater your destiny the more the enemy will try and destroy you, discourage you or at least delay you. I read the title of the last post and I decided to reply before reading because I wouldn't be surprised if the message is simillar and what I felt lead to tell you is probably a confirmation.

Please don't get weary in doing well. I know that's easier said than done but take it from one who has gotten weary too many times.... rest, eat as well as you can, look at yourself in the mirror and smile and encourage yourself. Yes I learned to preach to myself. It's good when people speak positive things into our lives but it's even more powerful when we internalise it and speak it to ourselves.

I'm praying for you. Going back to read your post now. I'm sure it will be good.