Would you put this on your hair?

Would you put this on you hair?

• Yes

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters

JustKiya

I don't know about the caramel bit. Why? Isn't that, um, candy? And what's with all the sugars in there? Those things are sugar stuffs, right, sucrose and what not? What is the purpose of that?

Humectants, all of em. It's like using honey or molasses. Sucrose is what makes them attract moisture. :yep:

discobiscuits

the beeswax does not bother me but as i was reading the ingredients it did not sound like a hair product. i would not put body butter on my hair.

jtotheb

the beeswax does not bother me but as i was reading the ingredients it did not sound like a hair product. i would not put body butter on my hair.

I'm glad to see the beeswax doesn't bother you, but IDK about the bolded. There are entire threads about folks using Vaseline Intensive Care lotion on their hair, and they seem to love it. In my quest for well moisturized hair, I can't afford to discriminate just because the manufacturer calls it a "body butter."

poookie

i don't mind the honey; i throw honey in all my deep conditioners, and mix it with water to spray on my hair before rollersets. my hair doesn't feel unnecessarily sticky.

and i'd dab a little on my ends for rollersets. same way i do sometimes with elasta QP's mango butter. a little beeswax hasn't killed anybody (yet)

Joanna721

I did....I bought it as a body butter originally and after reading the vaseline intensive care lotion thread I tried that....didnt like it after i saw that it had mineral oil in it....I hated it as a body butter so for the sake of using up the product and not wasting money I decided lemme read this label...I didnt see anything horrible so I washed my and threw it in my hair....no issues...I later added a little bit of oil to it and used it to seal before i braided my hair every othe night....and no issues for me... I personally wouldnt buy it just for that purpose but if I ran out of something to seal with Iwould hesitate to reach for it

Irresistible

Yeah the reason some ladies are saying the beeswax is a no no for them is because of build up

not saying it hurt anybody, but why use it when you dont have to :spinning:
(thats just another's logic that just is different than yours)

This kinda felt like a set up, :lachen: we played the game , told you the reasons we wouldnt put it in our hair, then got put on the hotseat for the reasons , or at least the reasons got um reasoned with, I THOUGHT this was a guess the product game , or at least find out your putting some crazy ish in your hair when you say yes to the question :lachen:

girl use what YOU want to in your hair

you dont need us to justify the ingredients or even need to care what others feel about them for their hair

its your hair, like you said you gotta find whats gonna work for you without discriminating

I still wouldnt use it:nono:

jtotheb

I did....I bought it as a body butter originally and after reading the vaseline intensive care lotion thread I tried that....didnt like it after i saw that it had mineral oil in it....I hated it as a body butter so for the sake of using up the product and not wasting money I decided lemme read this label...I didnt see anything horrible so I washed my and threw it in my hair....no issues...I later added a little bit of oil to it and used it to seal before i braided my hair every othe night....and no issues for me... I personally wouldnt buy it just for that purpose but if I ran out of something to seal with Iwould hesitate to reach for it

I sort of feel the same way, except I don't mind it as a body butter.

Yeah the reason some ladies are saying the beeswax is a no no for them is because of build up

not saying it hurt anybody, but why use it when you dont have to :spinning:
(thats just another's logic that just is different than yours)

This kinda felt like a set up, :lachen: we played the game , told you the reasons we wouldnt put it in our hair, then got put on the hotseat for the reasons , or at least the reasons got um reasoned with, I THOUGHT this was a guess the product game , or at least find out your putting some crazy ish in your hair when you say yes to the question :lachen:

girl use what YOU want to in your hair

you dont need us to justify the ingredients or even need to care what others feel about them for their hair

its your hair, like you said you gotta find whats gonna work for you without discriminating

I still wouldnt use it:nono:

Didn't mean to make it feel like a setup or put anyone on a hot seat :nono:. I honestly wanted your opinions on whether you thought the ingredients looked good or not. I also thought posting it this way was a little bit more fun.

I totally understand why people would or would not use this on their hair—to each her own.

Just trying to learn and share...that's all.:yep:

Irresistible

I sort of feel the same way, except I don't mind it as a body butter.

Didn't mean to make it feel like a setup or put anyone on a hot seat :nono:. I honestly wanted your opinions on whether you thought the ingredients looked good or not. I also thought posting it this way was a little bit more fun.

I totally understand why people would or would not use this on their hair—to each her own.

Just trying to learn and share...that's all.:yep:

it was fun and funny too, cause I never would have guessed a body butter, it just seemed like some of it you wernet trying to hear , like on the beeswax, its cool girl, you could just tell you REALLY wanted to use this product and dispute the negatives of the ingredients, which is understandable, its just when you asked , some of us are 'set' in our ways already. You know....

I wish you could have came back and said YOU used this and you were able to totally rave about it , show pics and all that, I PROMISE you if your hair looked on hit , we would be putting it in our hair too , all our ingredient issues be damned, all it would take is one, then two , then three reports and it would continue.....you know how that goes:spinning:

d-rock

Let's play a game, here are the ingredients:
water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, beeswax, stearic acid, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glucose, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, honey, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, sodium borate, caramel, fragrance, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase
Would you put this in your hair? I'll reveal the product once I get a few replies.

Whatever this product is, they lost my support at beeswax and fragrance.

anon123

Humectants, all of em. It's like using honey or molasses. Sucrose is what makes them attract moisture. :yep:

Ahh, interesting. Sounds sticky, though. But then again, glycerin is also sticky to me. Maybe humectants are all sticky? I've never used any of these humectants as leave-ins except glycerin.

Actually, I don't mind the beeswax. I have a product with wax in it. If I use it, I just know I have to use shampoo.

JustKiya

Ahh, interesting. Sounds sticky, though. But then again, glycerin is also sticky to me. Maybe humectants are all sticky? I've never used any of these humectants as leave-ins except glycerin.

Actually, I don't mind the beeswax. I have a product with wax in it. If I use it, I just know I have to use shampoo.

Hrm. :lol: I don't find honey all that sticky in my hair, so I'm totallllly the wrong one to ask about stickiness. I don't know.....

See, I don't use shampoo. Or cones, as jtotheb pointed out - they are all 'coating' emollients, and.... just no. :lol: Not for me.

Irresistible

glycerine is sticky to me too, i could never deal with it , I can feel if a product has it in it just about by first touch

Miamori

sounds sticky

but yeah I would put it on my hair

hope its not a leave in :perplexed

Yeah I thought the SAME thing. :lachen:

But I would put it on my hair too and see how it did. Maybe use it a different way or not at all after that depending on what happened.