WOULD YOU TRUST AN LHCF MEMBER TO RELAX YOUR HAIR?

Nanyanika

Well I would
people are so much more knowledgeable here in comparsion to the stylists I have met. At the moment I'm struggling to find a good hairstylist and after the underprocessing I suffered in December it will defintely be a long time before I relax. I'm so worried about some stylist doing something evil to my hair. I have a lot to lose and I don't want to take chances.

So anyway if I were to nominate LHCF member to relax my hair they would be:

LondonDiva
Supergirl
Curlycurly there are a few more, I'll post a few more later, when I remember LOL

pebbles

I would trust an LHCF member to relax my hair. Lord knows they could probably do it better than a lot of pro-hairdressers out there! LOL!

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
I would trust an LHCF member to relax my hair. Lord knows they could probably do it better than a lot of pro-hairdressers out there! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say amen to that Pebbles

GodMadeMePretty

More so than I would trust a stylist. Everyone on here roots for your healthy hair goals with no "hair envy" unlike so many stylists out there.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I trust Spicee1t to relax my hair, she's the one who introduced me to this site and know's how important my hair has become to me. She can do mine any day any time.

L

LaNecia

Yes, especially, if they've relaxed their own hair or someone else's before.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
More so than I would trust a stylist. Everyone on here roots for your healthy hair goals with no "hair envy" unlike so many stylists out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my sentiments, there are so many envious stylists out there, this is what frightens me the most
The members here show so much more genuine concern for each others hair, and its great because were all striving for common goals

inthepink

I used to always have the fear of getting my touchups and losing my hair...my long hair. And one day it finally happened. No more relaxers for me. Now, my fear is having my hair yanked as it gets detangled. Not even sure if I will ever visit a salon to have my hair done while transitioning...

I would definitely let some LHCF members do my hair though b/c I know they'd be gentle with detangling.

Nanyanika

Hairlove, I hear you on fear of something going wrong at touch-ups. For 25 years I never feared losing my hair, but I had problems with people yanking my hair out. Now after texturizing, Its ten times worst because every time i sit in that hairdresser's chair I'm praying and hoping, nothing doesn't go wrong. In the past couple of months I was wondering whether it was really worth all the stress, but when I saw the texture of my hair after the corrective i loved it. It doesn't matter how well you care for your care especially when using chemicals, if the wrong person touches your head, thats it.....

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:
You would trust me??

Awwww

I charge £2,000 per section

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would trust you

However, judging by how much you charge. I would probably end up living in a cardboard box

Mmm... so I think I'll pass on that

Vanessa22

God knows I love you ladies, and my hair has not been in better condition since I've joinced LHCF, but I'm really not all that sure! Don't get me wrong....many of you inspire me and keep me going, but that's definitely a whole lot of trust.

kedra70

I definitely would. I know I would be based, no overprocessing, thorough washing, tons and tons of conditioner!

Hey - some of y'all need to start your own shops!

Kedra

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa22 said:
God knows I love you ladies, and my hair has not been in better condition since I've joinced LHCF, but I'm really not all that sure! Don't get me wrong....many of you inspire me and keep me going, but that's definitely a whole lot of trust.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand, this TRUST issue is difficult, especially if you've had a rotten experience.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
kedra70 said:
I definitely would. I know I would be based, no overprocessing, thorough washing, tons and tons of conditioner!

Hey - some of y'all need to start your own shops!

Kedra

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. we should open up our very own LHCF shop.

Our MOTTO:

"the best in natural and relaxed hair care"

Pebbles will be the owner

CheerBear

That would be a great idea..people who are in the same area should form a hair club or something and do each other's hair! Well, only if they're competent...When I look at Supergirl and Adrienne's hair..I plot ways to go to their homes and enslave them for my hair care purposes

shoelover1972

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:
You would trust me??

Awwww

I charge £2,000 per section

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would trust you

However, judging by how much you charge. I would probably end up living in a cardboard box

Mmm... so I think I'll pass on that

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I am happy with my hairdresser but I would definately trust a LHCF member to relax my hair because you guys would care for my hair like silk.

azul11

I defintely would. In the almost three years that I have been on the multicultural board and then this one I have learned so much from all the ladies here. I have learned what is good for the hair and what is not. And since so many ladies here are into hair care and the health of the hair I would feel like I am in good hands. Its so funny because before I opened the thread and saw the title the first name that came to my head was londondiva. then i thought of brh and peachtree and supergirl. There have been dozens of ladies through the years who have helped me in my journey and I am thankful for them.
God bless you all.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
CheerBear said:
That would be a great idea..people who are in the same area should form a hair club or something and do each other's hair! Well, only if they're competent...When I look at Supergirl and Adrienne's hair..I plot ways to go to their homes and enslave them for my hair care purposes

[/ QUOTE ]

I better warn Supergirl and Adrienne to lock-up their front doors, then

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
JazzAngel said:
This thread is soo funny. Every time I return to this site I find so much to give me a good laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. I'm in a crazy mood today

slwe415

[ QUOTE ]
LaNecia said:
Yes, especially, if they've relaxed their own hair or someone else's before.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA!

UmSumayyah

Well, Caramela has offered her skills! She lives in MD though. I'd definitely go to her or Peachtree, or LondonDiva before a stylist.
I've gotten competent at my own hair so I guess I could probably do someone elses. In fact I think about it sometimes.

Dutchess

Most definitely! I feel like we have in common the same hair goals - to grow, maintain and preserve the hair we have on our heads. The person would have to have relaxed hair that looks nice.

honeycomb719

Definately,
I've (jokingly) asked Pebbs to come to Detroit and hook me up, But if she would had said she would I sho would have allowed her
I would love for Adrienne to do my touch-ups too.........

Brownie

I don't trust hair dressers at all; that's why I haven't been to one in a while. On the one hand, it takes me a long time to work with my hair, but on the other hand, it takes hair dressers a long time to get you in and out. I'm just too skittish about them cutting off too much hair, or messing up my hair with chemicals, or pulling my hair out at the scalp. Going to the salon is too stressful for me