**YARN BRAIDS FINALLY DONE**{{ANOTHER THANK YOU TO KELLUM!!}}

laCriolla

I'm not familiar with silk yarn, but the yarn is very soft. Believe me, the acrylic yarn won't harm your hair at all. If anything, the synthetic braiding hair would saw or cut your hair. My braids are very soft and light to the touch.

Yes, I cover my hair with a bonnet at night.

Why do you think your hair would get frizzy? Have you ever one braids before with this happening?

thanks for the info.

yes i had my hair braided in the past and it got really frizzy after a week

RockCreak

Imma try my hands at this this weekend on my dd.

She's really excited too, because I told her she can choose any color she wants.

Lawda Mercy! why I tell that chile that!:lachen:

infojunkie

Ooh, I'd love to try these but as I can't braid AT ALL, it's looking doubtful. Plus I really don't know if I have days to do these. It took me 5 hours just to do my kinky twists 2 days ago so I can't imagine doing these myself.

I'ma take a look at the videos but I sssssoooooooooooo loving your hair Amwcah! Awesome job!!!

Marhia

Ooh, I'd love to try these but as I can't braid AT ALL, it's looking doubtful. Plus I really don't know if I have days to do these. It took me 5 hours just to do my kinky twists 2 days ago so I can't imagine doing these myself.

I'ma take a look at the videos but I sssssoooooooooooo loving your hair Amwcah! Awesome job!!!
a friend of mine has never braided before and after I put mine in, in Dec she seen how cute they were and decided to try them and she did a very good job for her first time braiding, its really easy you should give it a shot

amwcah

Imma try my hands at this this weekend on my dd.

She's really excited too, because I told her she can choose any color she wants.

Lawda Mercy! why I tell that chile that!:lachen:

Too funny! I hope you don't end up regretting that one!:lachen:

RockCreak

Too funny! I hope you don't end up regretting that one!:lachen:

:lachen: I know right. I went to Michael's this morning to get the yarn. That child picked up every color in the rainbow. :nono:

I found one that had mixed colors in it and the base is brown so it should tie in well. Imma give it a try... I'll post the update.

Yall pray for me! :spinning:

Marhia

:lachen: I know right. I went to Michael's this morning to get the yarn. That child picked up every color in the rainbow. :nono:

I found one that had mixed colors in it and the base is brown so it should tie in well. Imma give it a try... I'll post the update.

Yall pray for me! :spinning:
lol u the one who told her any color lol good luck

RockCreak

:grin: I did it! :clap:

OMG! I thank yall enough. I wasnt to sure as to how they were going to turn out because I've never braided with any type of extensions.

I definitely will be doing these again on her.

Here's Sylver:

I'm going to post the rest of the pics in the children's forum.. I'll be back to add the link.

OH and a big thanks to Amwcah, Kellum, Blackonyxx77 (youtube tutorial), Katelynn (youtube tutorial) and Marhia.....sorry if I missed anyone, you've all been a big inspiration....

ETA: here's the link with more pics:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=438526

Last edited:

Kellum

:grin: I did it! :clap:

OMG! I thank yall enough. I wasnt to sure as to how they were going to turn out because I've never braided with any type of extensions.

I definitely will be doing these again on her.

Here's Sylver:

I'm going to post the rest of the pics in the children's forum.. I'll be back to add the link.

OH and a big thanks to Amwcah, Kellum, Blackonyxx77 (youtube tutorial), Katelynn (youtube tutorial) and Marhia.....sorry if I missed anyone, you've all been a big inspiration....

Aw how cute. They look playful and colorful. Does she like them? You did a good job. They are very neat and not too small. I like them. You're welcome, I didn't know I would be inspiring all these people, LOL.

RockCreak

Aw how cute. They look playful and colorful. Does she like them? You did a good job. They are very neat and not too small. I like them. You're welcome, I didn't know I would be inspiring all these people, LOL.

Yes Kellum, she loves them! She's been swangin her hair since I completed them.

She's already talking about the next colors... green, purple, white, orange... :spinning:

I was like good grief... what did I start.....

(Hopefully, I can make a few dollars out of this....:lachen:)

Kellum

Yes Kellum, she loves them! She's been swangin her hair since I completed them.

She's already talking about the next colors... green, purple, white, orange... :spinning:

I was like good grief... what did I start.....

(Hopefully, I can make a few dollars out of this....:lachen:)

LOL, you definitely started something by saying she could get any color she wanted. :lachen:What kid wouldn't want rainbow hair. I am glad she likes them. I would would probably have rainbow hair if I could get away with it too. :lachen:She is too cute!!

ZkittyKurls

yarn braids are so pretty! how would you suggest, putting highlights in? im trying to figure out where to put streaks of burgundy amongst the black...but i never did that before? any advice?

Sianna

You did a really great job on the yarn braids! I've heard of these before but now that it's been brought back to my attention, I'm thinking this is just the protective style I need right about now!! I'd resolved not to wear any extensions, but this might just be too good to pass up!

Does anyone know how long you can wear the yarn braids at at time? A few weeks? A month? Longer?

kandiekj100

You can wear them as long as you can stand them. Make sure they are the acrylic, and not the wool (those will loc up on you). I wore mine for a month, which is really good for me. It's difficult for me to have anything in my head for to long. Oh and the beauty about these is that as your grows out and looks about fuzzy at the roots, it will just add to loc look. I have done braids and twists and liked them both. I have actually been debating about doing them again. I'm not a master braider so it takes me about 16 hours to get it down, usually splitting it up into 2 and 3 days. Mayber you're post was the push that I needed.

Last edited:

Sianna

Thanks kandiekj100!!! I have a hard time keeping things in my head for a long period of time too, but I really want to protect my hair, and based on what I've seen about these yarn braids, I think they might be the perfect protective style for me! I'll just have to force myself to keep them in! :yep: