• Only 3b

Votes: 41 43.6%
  • I see the entire type 3 family up your hurrr

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Gurllll I don't know and I don't care

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

DejaVu2

@hair4romheaven - Ohhh you still thought I was playing games like my old username :lachen:Okay I forgive you now gurl. Nah, I'm serious in this thread. I'd never put this much effort (pictures, polls, paragraphs) all for a joke.

@wavezncurlz - Ahh, I see. Thanks for explaining that.

@ebsalita - Thanks hun.

@Poohbear@Damaged but not out - I am honestly confused, otherwise, I wouldn't have started the thread. I understand people have given me answers but when I go over to here -----> http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3b/45514-post-your-3b-pics.html

I don't think my hair will look like that as it gets longer. I GUESS my hair is a ''cottony'' 3b. I didn't think you could have that. I see more people with the 'cottony'' type of hair in the 3c category. Hence, my confusion.

@naijamerican - Thank youuuuu!

@Pharmgirl247 - Thanks hun.

@virtuenow - :lol:

@NikkiGirl - Look again. LOL, I'm playing. Thanks.

Last edited:

aquajoyice

Don't fret your hair is beautiful :) You look like a 3B all the way around. Keep us posted on your journey and take lots of pics!

DejaVu2

@aquajoyice - lol, thanks. I'm just confused.. 'tis all. Don't worry I'm not having a panic attack. :lol:

I should have posted these pics in the OP.

[Pics removed]

I think it's much clearer here that I have diff patches.

Last edited:

Lady_q_tee

@aquajoyice - lol, thanks. I'm just confused.. 'tis all. Don't worry I'm not having a panic attack. :lol:

So beautiful, definatley not 4a/4b. You appear to be 3b/3c

Can't you manipulate your hair by "picking" it out to form an afro

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GT-I9000

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
@Poohbear@Damaged but not out - I am honestly confused, otherwise, I wouldn't have started the thread. I understand people have given me answers but when I go over to here -----> http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3b/45514-post-your-3b-pics.html

I don't think my hair will look like that as it gets longer. I GUESS my hair is a ''cottony'' 3b. I didn't think you could have that. I see more people with the 'cottony'' type of hair in the 3c category. Hence, my confusion.

Girl, I think there are different definitions from board to board. I was so confused when I started posting over here.
When I was over at NC.com (since 2000), I called myself 3c. I posted under 3c/4a because well to put it bluntly, 3b was dominated by white girls with straightish, fine, wispy tendrils. Um... my hair doesn't look like those girls either (or any of the pictures shown as examples). And when I came over here and people started saying I was a 3a I was really confused. :spinning: The problem with the system is that it ONLY talks about curl SIZE which isn't enough to help you with your hair needs. It's important to know if your hair is coarse or fine, thick or thin, porous or not, likes butters, likes protein, can use a liquid leave-in or a creamy leave-in.... see what I mean? Even people who's hair looked like mine didn't have the same results using the same products I used. Trust me, I had a number of e-disagreements with ladies on both sites about my "type".
AND....that's why I stopped using the hairtypes! Most of what I like came from ladies with 4 hair even though my hair looks different. It's such a crapshoot. You have to go through trial and error (and just realize what your hair can and cannot do).

SuchaLady

Try Nina Pruitt on YouTube. She has a looser texture and does twist outs and braid outs.

Sent from my DROID2 using DROID2

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
DejaVu2,

Pretty curls but there's STILL NO TYPE 4 PATTERN IN YOUR HAIR!!!! :nono:

Why can't you accept Type 3B?

And that naturally curly link you posted, those women looked to be Type 2A, 2B, and just a few 3A to me.

DejaVu2

@DejaVu2,

Pretty curls but there's STILL NO TYPE 4 PATTERN IN YOUR HAIR!!!! :nono:

Why can't you accept Type 3B?

And that naturally curly link you posted, those women looked to be Type 2A, 2B, and just a few 3A to me.

Lmao :lachen:

I said I think I'm 3b/3c.

I've never claimed 4a (check the poll). I said I believed my hair was 4a when I was younger 'tis all. But now I know it was just the case of mamma brushing out my curls. :lol:

I'm confused, and going to let this go, now. :look:

@wavezncurlz - LOL, that's exactly what I'm going through now. You're completely right. It's just I want to follow a hair guru whose hair looks the same to mine appearance wise, aswell.

@Lady_q_tee - Thanks. Ermm I don't touch my hair with a comb when it's dry, and when I do comb it in the shower, it still comes out curly.

@keepithealthy -I'm going to check her out now, thanks.

aquajoyice

I definitely understand your frustration :yep: Now with these pics I definitely see a little 3C in there but majority is 3C. It's tough because I have patches where the texture changes. This is the draw back of hair typing, but on a positive note we're all here to support you in your journey :grin::grin:

DejaVu2

I definitely understand your frustration :yep: Now with these pics I definitely see a little 3C in there but majority is 3C. It's tough because I have patches where the texture changes. This is the draw back of hair typing, but on a positive note we're all here to support you in your journey :grin::grin:

aquajoyice

You can see 3C

Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooo
:yay::dance7::Copy of 2cool:

Ima call it a day now :lol:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Lmao :lachen:

I said I think I'm 3b/3c.

I've never claimed 4a (check the poll). I said I believed my hair was 4a when I was younger 'tis all. But now I know it was just the case of mamma brushing out my curls. :lol:

I'm confused, and going to let this go, now. :look:

So do you want people to say your hair is type 3B/C or 3C instead of type 3B??? :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed

aquajoyice

You can see 3C

Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooo
:yay::dance7::Copy of 2cool:

Ima call it a day now :lol:

It seems like you do want people to say your hair is nappier than it is. Look how overjoyed you are to see that aquajoyice sees Type 3C in your hair. :smirk:

Last edited:

LadyRaider

I think the lack of ability to hold twists would be a texture issue and not necessarily a curl size/type issue.

DejaVu2

I had watched too many hair tutorials with type 3c or 4a, and had fallen in love. Anyway I'm learning to accept my hair for what ever it is. I'd like to thank @wavezncurlz who has really helped me in this thread, and everyone else who gave me their honest opinion.

To the people who only had snide comments to make, you can all ''eat my shorts.'' :grin:

Last edited:

aicramphoto

Ain't no way in HEYALL you are a type 4 anything.
Really, you can get mad if you want, your choice...but hair typing serves zero purpose. So if you don't know your hairtype, you aren't going to suffer some big consequence as a result. True story. I honestly wished it was never invented in the first place.
I think knowing how to take care of your hair is important and knowing characteristics of your hair is very helpful. Because I am chocolate colored, I believed my hair was what people label 4b/c. For years, I did damage to my hair taking care of it wrong. Knowing the characteristics (ok, call it a type if you want), made me start taking care of it better. So, yes, sometimes "hair typing" or categorizing is helpful.

True, it's not the end all and be all, but we are members of this forum for hair care and different types of hair are a fact of biological life.:flowers:

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I think knowing how to take care of your hair is important and knowing characteristics of your hair is very helpful. Because I am chocolate colored, I believed my hair was what people label 4b/c. For years, I did damage to my hair taking care of it wrong. Knowing the characteristics (ok, call it a type if you want), made me start taking care of it better. So, yes, sometimes "hair typing" or categorizing is helpful.

True, it's not the end all and be all, but we are members of this forum for hair care and different types of hair are a fact of biological life.:flowers:

The characteristics of your hair goes much more deeper than just the size of your curls and kinks, because that is all that hairtyping focuses on. HOWEVER, the density, strand size, and porosity of your hair are all very important characteristics to know if you want to master your hair.

Those characteristics play a big part in choosing what products will work best for you. However, you can successfully grow out your hair to its terminal length and never know whether or not you are a 1a,2a,3a or 4a. Hair typing only talks about the aesthetics of the hair.

And on top of that, if you live in a different climate than someone else with your "hair type" and other more important characteristics I listed, then you can follow their regimen and it still won't work! There is more to hair than just the size of your curls or kinks, that's all I'm saying...