You can't love God and sex, can you?

zora

I think I'm missing something in this thread, cuz it seems to be getting personal.

Anyway, ditto on what Poohbear and One_praying said.

pebbles

AnnDriena_ said:
Oh no, I don't think I'm anymore righteous than anyone else because I'm a virgin, so don't take it that way. We were discussing sexual sin so that's what I was talking about.

As for no one living a %100 Christian lifestyle, that's what I thought I made clear in the post that I didn't want to make it seem like making a mistake makes you not Christian. I thought I said that in the previous post but If I didn’t I want to make that clear now. I don’t think making mistakes, sin (which we all do) makes you not a Christian. I myself have to use the bible and compare it to people who say they are Christian to judge for myself whether to take them as a Christian.
And with my Christian friends I give them greater access into my life and put more weight in their opinions and things like that. Not that I haven’t got good advice from non-Christians but I basically raised myself and have had to be very careful of the people I let speak into my life. That’s why and how I judge for myself whether someone is Christian or not. Just taking them at their word is fine if you want and at first, hey, let's face it, that's all we have.

Sweetie, let me tell you something; Christians sin, all of us fall short of God's glory. Some may do it blatantly in your face, and others may be very good at hiding it. Some commit very big sins, others tell little white lies, but make no mistake, no one is walking upright as the Lord wants us to do. That's why we have Jesus to save us from ourselves.

I tell people all the time, don't put any Christian up on a pedastal. Not one! They will disappoint you, and if you weren't expecting it, that can cause you to stumble in your walk with God. Look to the perfection of Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. That's the only thing that's 100% trustworthy. :)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
AnnDriena_ said:
Oh no, I don't think I'm anymore righteous than anyone else because I'm a virgin, so don't take it that way. We were discussing sexual sin so that's what I was talking about.

As for no one living a %100 Christian lifestyle, that's what I thought I made clear in the post that I didn't want to make it seem like making a mistake makes you not Christian. I thought I said that in the previous post but If I didn’t I want to make that clear now. I don’t think making mistakes, sin (which we all do) makes you not a Christian. I myself have to use the bible and compare it to people who say they are Christian to judge for myself whether to take them as a Christian.
And with my Christian friends I give them greater access into my life and put more weight in their opinions and things like that. Not that I haven’t got good advice from non-Christians but I basically raised myself and have had to be very careful of the people I let speak into my life. That’s why and how I judge for myself whether someone is Christian or not. Just taking them at their word is fine if you want and at first, hey, let's face it, that's all we have.
Okay. I understand you a lil' bit better. ;)

crml_buttafly

pebbles said:
Let me remind everyone that this is the Christianity forum, and I will not allow the nasty behavior of the general forum to come in here. I'm just going to edit and/or delete posts. If there is a personal dispute between members, take it to pm, but keep this conversation neutral! You have been advised!

pebbles i wasnt looking to start anything. i wanted clarification on what a "supposed christian" is
i was looking for clarification for me and only ME.

Sweetie, let me tell you something; Christians sin, all of us fall short of God's glory. Some may do it blatantly in your face, and others may be very good at hiding it. Some commit very big sins, others tell little white lies, but make no mistake, no one is walking upright as the Lord wants us to do. That's why we have Jesus to save us from ourselves.

Look to the perfection of Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. That's the only thing that's 100% trustworthy. :)

ita with this

AnnDriena_

pebbles said:

I tell people all the time, don't put any Christian up on a pedastal. Not one! They will disappoint you, and if you weren't expecting it, that can cause you to stumble in your walk with God. Look to the perfection of Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. That's the only thing that's 100% trustworthy. :)

I agree. I wouldn't know about things that people don't show me. It just seems people took how I view the things that people do show me the wrong way. So I wanted to clarify that. And I don't think anyone is walking 100 percent with the Lord, like I said in regards to kenesha's post. I didn't want to make it seem like that was my standard. I just wanted people to know I know everyone makes mistakes and I don't think someone is a terrible person no matter how big or small their mistakes. If that was the case I would be a horrible person with all the mistakes I've made. And I don't think I'm perfect but I don't think I'm horrible. Or anybody else who makes mistakes is horrible. I didn't want people to think that. Hope I clarified it.

I really don't want to seem like a muckracker and i know what you mean pebbles when you say you don't want this thread to go a certain way but I think it's okay to disagree even as Christians as long as it doesn't get down and dirty. I don't like to argue per say but if someone doesn't agree or seems to twist an opinion or misquote where someone is coming from I think it's good to discuss. But don't take this as an I love to fight thing.

Last edited:

ms_kenesha

I agree. I also think it's bad when people make a narrow definition of sex to suit their own religious agenda. For instance DeLeon Richards.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
It is not a personal belief to me that sex is for marriage-it's in the Bible. The Bible mentions that premarital sex is the only sin where you sin against yourself. So many folks have conformed to the way the world thinks about premarital sex it is ridiculous. They have actually convinced themselves that they don't need a certificate to be married, as long as they have a 'spiritual union.' Whatever- do it right and stop compromising.

Sorry, I went off tangent a wee bit- I just get tired of people using this biblical issue to fit their wrong doings.

pebbles

crml_buttafly said:
pebbles i wasnt looking to start anything. i wanted clarification on what a "supposed christian" is
i was looking for clarification for me and only ME.

Oh, I wasn't talking to you. :kiss: My post was general. It was starting to get personal in here, and I don't want that to happen. :)

AnnDriena_

ms_kenesha said:
I agree. I also think it's bad when people make a narrow definition of sex to suit their own religious agenda. For instance DeLeon Richards.

Could you expound on this for me so I don’t get you wrong. What I’m getting is she is the one who made the tape with R.Kelly giving him oral. Did she say that wasn’t sex? Because I know that’s big now. Saying if it isn’t genital to genital contact it isn’t sex. I know that our thoughts count with God too. And I have to be careful with what I watch. You tell someone you’re a 28 year old virgin and they think you are asexual and don’t have sexual thoughts. But I can I have to stay away from certain things. Hey if you look at it I’m only a physical virgin because my thoughts aren’t pure. :ohwell:

pebbles

ms_kenesha said:

What is a narrow definition of sex? So long as it's within the confines of marriage, all is permissable. And forgive my ignorance, but who is DeLeon Richards? I've never heard of him. :lol:

Sweet C

Ann_Drienna, she is referring to a statement made while on TBN with her husband, Gary, stating that she was a virgin b/f she got married

MSee

I am glad for this....

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1John 1:9

But I'm kept in line by this.....

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of truth, there remaineth no more sacrifices for sins. Hebrews 10:26 (down to vs. 31 is on my mind but I'm in a rush)

The topic reminds me of this....

I wrote to you in an epistle not to company with fornicators. Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolators, for then must ye needs go out of this world.

But now I have written to you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or an extortioner, with such an one no not to eat.

For what have I to do to jude them that are without? do not ye judge them that are within. 1 corinthians 5: 9-12

Knowing my own failures, I try to live by the passage that says "if our brother is overtaken with a fault to pray for them with a spirit of meekness concidering yourself lest you also be tempted"

God always gives a chance for repentance but I have experienced how persistance in sin (any sin) can break our relationship with God and its a hard road to walk.

pebbles

AnnDriena_ said:
Could you expound on this for me so I don’t get you wrong. What I’m getting is she is the one who made the tape with R.Kelly giving him oral. Did she say that wasn’t sex? Because I know that’s big now. Saying if it isn’t genital to genital contact it isn’t sex. I know that our thoughts count with God too. And I have to be careful with what I watch. You tell someone you’re a 28 year old virgin and they think you are asexual and don’t have sexual thoughts. But I can I have to stay away from certain things. Hey if you look at it I’m only a physical virgin because my thoughts aren’t pure. :ohwell:

DeLeon is a woman? My bad! LOL!

I wish I had stayed a virgin until I first married. I commend all those who are keeping themselves pure until marriage. It's the right thing to do, according to the word of God, and that's what really matters. :)

Sweet C

pebbles said:
What is a narrow definition of sex? So long as it's within the confines of marriage, all is permissable. And forgive my ignorance, but who is DeLeon Richards? I've never heard of him. :lol:

She is a gospel singer. She goes to Randy and Paula White's church.

Check out the link: http://www.deleonmusic.com/

pebbles

Millie_C said:
I am glad for this....

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1John 1:9

But I'm kept in line by this.....

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of truth, there remaineth no more sacrifices for sins. Hebrews 10:26 (down to vs. 31 is on my mind but I'm in a rush)

The topic reminds me of this....

I wrote to you in an epistle not to company with fornicators. Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolators, for then must ye needs go out of this world.

But now I have written to you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or an extortioner, with such an one no not to eat.

For what have I to do to jude them that are without? do not ye judge them that are within. 1 corinthians 5: 9-12

Knowing my own failures, I try to live by the passage that says "if our brother is overtaken with a fault to pray for them with a spirit of meekness concidering yourself lest you also be tempted"

God always gives a chance for repentance but I have experienced how persistance in sin (any sin) can break our relationship with God and its a hard road to walk.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I've been there too, and it's a very hard place to be in. :(

B

Bublnbrnsuga

pebbles said:

Yes you have!! It's a 'she' not a 'he'. Do you remember the little girl who sung
'I'm gonna move on up the mountain,
gonna take the devil down.
Cause he doesn't have a right to be
on a higher ground.
I'm gonna move on up the mountain,
with my shield and my sword
and we will sing sweet victory in the name of the Lord.'

melodee

ms_kenesha said:

I agree w/ Kenesha. There are some believers who judge single parents or those who have had abortions, but they themselves have had premarital sex. In Gods eyes it's all sin.

pebbles

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Yes you have!! It's a 'she' not a 'he'. Do you remember the little girl who sung
'I'm gonna move on up the mountain,
gonna take the devil down.
Cause he doesn't have a right to be
on a higher ground.
I'm gonna move on up the mountain,
with my shield and my sword
and we will sing sweet victory in the name of the Lord.'

Oh yeah! Ok, I know who she is. :)

MrsQueeny

This is a great topic. They had a similar one brought up on the local radio station here. The girl and her boyfriend called in because they both came from religious homes and did not know how to tell their parents that they would be living together. This one caller called in and said she is religious too and has 2 kids out of wedlock but that she feels GOD will be okay with it because she is happy. So her advice to them was to do what made them happy. I almost crashed listening to this garbage. I wanted to call and say it does not say anywhere in the bible that it is okay to live in sin as long as you are happy. Also, I don't question how religious or spiritual a person is but there is a spriture (can't think of the exact quote) but it states that GOD would rather you be hot or cold because if you are lukewarm, HE will spew you out of his mouth.

I too wish I would have waited until I was married. Fortunately, I am the only woman my husband has been with and he is very proud of that. Having sex before marriage messes with you not only spiritually but mentally. Thankfully through GOD we can began anew and put the old things in the past. The one sermon that really helped me with it was "No More Sheets" by Juanita Bynaum. That really explained a lot of stuff I was dealing with because of past sexual issues. Once I "divorced" myself from my previous partners, I was able to meet and marry my husband.

For those of you who may be dealing with guilt about sex like I did for a long time. I could not forgive myself and even felt like I was not worthy of my husband (the devil is a liar), just know that if GOD can forgive you then you can forgive yourself. The devil will use anything he can to try to keep you from reaching your spiritual potential and that is one trick he uses a lot with women. Don't be mad he is just doing his job so you have to do yours and defeat him!!! Okay I know I talk too much but I just love to share and encourage others. Take care Q

Last edited:

AnnDriena_

melodee said:
I agree w/ Kenesha. There are some believers who judge single parents or those who have had abortions, but they themselves have had premarital sex. In Gods eyes it's all sin.

Can you explain to me what you mean by they judge? What I take judge to mean in the secular world is if you take a situation and you decide by your own standards it's wrong.
What I take judge to mean in the biblical standard is comparing it to Gods word. Like for example if I was to judge gays in the secular world I would say, go head love who you want but in the bible God has judged it to be an abomination so I have to go with him on that and so that makes it wrong in secular and biblical for me.
How do mean people judge single parents and people who had abortions? And for single parents that's such a mixed bag they may have been married when they had the kid and then divorced, you know how that is?

cybra

God, himself, said King David was a man after his own heart. However, not only did David have sex outside his own marriage, he murdered the husband of the woman (Bathsheba) to cover up the consequences of that sin (he had impregnated her). But what did God do? Because he knew David had a true desire to live for him, he did not allow him to continue in sin. God sent Nathan to confront David about what he had done. But the difference between David and many you will encounter in this world, when God confronted David about his sin, through Nathan, David immediately repented of his sin. People today, instead of acknowledging that what they are doing is wrong, they will justify and try and explain it away. Then there's the whole issue of us [Christians] not being bound by the law of the old testament. But Romans 6:15 (New testament) says, "What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid." We are bound by the grace of Christ and his commandments. And if you truly look at the bible, much of what's in the old testament is in the new testament. So, God does hold us to many of the laws given to Moses. But in order to do the sinful things in their hearts, many try to find ways of going around what is in the bible. For example, I once had someone ask my how could I say it is "unnatura"l for two men or two women to experience sexual love towards each other. Mind you, this was a Christian who asked me this. But when I told the person it was not me who said it but the Lord himself in Romans 1:27, where he says, "...leaving the NATURAL use of the women..., the person admitted she had never read that before. Yet, even after reading it, she felt it was still okay since she did "love the Lord." God said if you love me you'll keep my commandments. If we knowingly and voluntarily continune to sin, then do we truly love God?

However, as someone indicated, "sin is sin" and it all stinks in the nostrils of God. But if you claim yourself to be a child of God, and he confronts you with YOUR sin in some way (like with this very discussion), it would behoove you to realize when the Spirit of God is warning you of your ways. Like David, you need to stop and repent. David did not stop and point our how others in his kingdom were doing the same thing, nor did he compare his sin to the sins of others. He didn't even use "human nature" as an excuse for his sin...he gave no excuse because there was none. Maybe God has not confronted those lost sheep still in the world about how they are straying from his will. But, it is not for you to compare yourself to, the main thing here is, IS GOD BRINGING SOMETHING TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT A SIN IN YOUR LIFE? We, being sanctified, cannot compare what we do to what those in the in the world are doing.

But all of you keep in mind, the Bible tells us there are plenty who will claim Jesus but deny the power thereof. Meaning, many people will call themselves Christians but act as though Christ does not have the power to keep them from sinning; Their behaviors convey anything but the renewing of their spirit through Christ. Many coming in the name of Jesus will act as though the influences of Satan on their lives (sinning) is more powerful than the power of blood the of Christ in their lives (stop sinning). However, to sit and argue over God's word with such is futile. God doesn't call us to support, give evidence to it's validity, or push his word...his word can stand for itself. We are simply to spread his gospel as is. Yet, as with the parable of the sower there will come times when your message will fall on deaf ears, rocks, so nothing will sink in and the person you share the truth of the gospel with will continue believing and acting in worldly ways. Some of whom may call themselves "his sheep." Do not grieve yourself over such, a reprobate mind is something God does to those who will not adhere to his word and will. It is foolish to hold a conversation or argue with such a person, they will never hear you.

Well, I could go on for days when it comes to the Lord, but I've said enough :) I pray that all who read these threads will truly consider how they may be being decieved by Satan into believing their sinful ways are "okay" with God as they say they love him. You must choose who you will serve. God bless and keep you all.

pebbles

cybra said:
God, himself, said King David was a man after his own heart. However, not only did David have sex outside his own marriage, he murdered the husband of the woman (Bathsheba) to cover up the consequences of that sin (he had impregnated her). But what did God do? Because he knew David had a true desire to live for him, he did not allow him to continue in sin. God sent Nathan to confront David about what he had done. But the difference between David and many you will encounter in this world, when God confronted David about his sin, through Nathan, David immediately repented of his sin. People today, instead of acknowledging that what they are doing is wrong, they will justify and try and explain it away. Then there's the whole issue of us [Christians] not being bound by the law of the old testament. But Romans 6:15 (New testament) says, "What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid." We are bound by the grace of Christ and his commandments. And if you truly look at the bible, much of what's in the old testament is in the new testament. So, God does hold us to many of the laws given to Moses. But in order to do the sinful things in their hearts, many try to find ways of going around what is in the bible. For example, I once had someone ask my how could I say it is "unnatura"l for two men or two women to experience sexual love towards each other. Mind you, this was a Christian who asked me this. But when I told the person it was not me who said it but the Lord himself in Romans 1:27, where he says, "...leaving the NATURAL use of the women..., the person admitted she had never read that before. Yet, even after reading it, she felt it was still okay since she did "love the Lord." God said if you love me you'll keep my commandments. If we knowingly and voluntarily continune to sin, then do we truly love God?

However, as someone indicated, "sin is sin" and it all stinks in the nostrils of God. But if you claim yourself to be a child of God, and he confronts you with YOUR sin in some way (like with this very discussion), it would behoove you to realize when the Spirit of God is warning you of your ways. Like David, you need to stop and repent. David did not stop and point our how others in his kingdom were doing the same thing, nor did he compare his sin to the sins of others. He didn't even use "human nature" as an excuse for his sin...he gave no excuse because there was none. Maybe God has not confronted those lost sheep still in the world about how they are straying from his will. But, it is not for you to compare yourself to, the main thing here is, IS GOD BRINGING SOMETHING TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT A SIN IN YOUR LIFE? We, being sanctified, cannot compare what we do to what those in the in the world are doing.

But all of you keep in mind, the Bible tells us there are plenty who will claim Jesus but deny the power thereof. Meaning, many people will call themselves Christians but act as though Christ does not have the power to keep them from sinning; Their behaviors convey anything but the renewing of their spirit through Christ. Many coming in the name of Jesus will act as though the influences of Satan on their lives (sinning) is more powerful than the power of blood the of Christ in their lives (stop sinning). However, to sit and argue over God's word with such is futile. God doesn't call us to support, give evidence to it's validity, or push his word...his word can stand for itself. We are simply to spread his gospel as is. Yet, as with the parable of the sower there will come times when your message will fall on deaf ears, rocks, so nothing will sink in and the person you share the truth of the gospel with will continue believing and acting in worldly ways. Some of whom may call themselves "his sheep." Do not grieve yourself over such, a reprobate mind is something God does to those who will not adhere to his word and will. It is foolish to hold a conversation or argue with such a person, they will never hear you.

Well, I could go on for days when it comes to the Lord, but I've said enough :) I pray that all who read these threads will truly consider how they may be being decieved by Satan into believing their sinful ways are "okay" with God as they say they love him. You must choose who you will serve. God bless and keep you all.

Excellent post!! :clap:

AnnDriena_

Great post cybra. Someone was just telling me about your posts and how much you bring to the table and she was right.

I'm glad you made the point about satans control over us and it being such a strong influence. I have to check myself on it and whether or not I'm falling back on the "flesh" excuse sometimes myself. I think the david example was excellent I know a lot of Christian women I look up are not perfect but I do use them as examples in daily life and it's good to see Christian behavior modeled for me through these women.

cybra

You know, as much as I love to hear someone's life has been challenged or touched by what I say, please know, God is the true speaker in my life. I live my life simply to be used by him in any way he sees fit. I am just so thankful that Pebbles notified me of this thread. God has taught and trained me for 33 years on his ways. But, he didn't do so that I should keep it to myself, his word and wisdom needs to be shared with others. But I, too, have truly been blessed by things I have read on this forum and to see how God's children are standing strong for our Lord. I just want to shout when I see I'm not in this battle alone and that God has all his children on one accord :yay: I just thank and praise him for his goodness!!!!

pebbles

cybra said:
You know, as much as I love to hear someone's life has been challenged or touched by what I say, please know, God is the true speaker in my life. I live my life simply to be used by him in any way he sees fit.

Let me tell you, God is truly using you mightily, and it shows! You are such a blessing to this forum! :kiss:

Honeyhips

Lovely
I honestly don't understand how someone can think that God is ok with them having sex out of marriage. I'm not a virgin and don't pretend to be perfect, BUT I knew good and well what I was doing. I took the guilt with it also. I also left the church, and for the short time I was there I refused to serve. I knew if I died that night I'd be going straight to hell. I don't understand how people can justify it, and say God loves them to much to keep them from having sex. Sex is so much more than what people realize which is why God doesn't want us to have it outside of marriage. I think people don't know that not only do we live in the physical realm, there is also a spirtual realm out there, you open so many doors when you start having sex. It can destroy you.

Last edited:

Honeyhips

Lovely
Doesn't God say if you love him you will OBEY him. I'll have to look for that. FIrst let me read the whole thread. :lol:
zora said:
True, but keep is mind we are all sinners and whether we lie, steal, covet, etc. or have pre-martial sex, we can still love GOD.

Having said that, we should abstain until marriage, but don't question someone's love for God based on their sexual history.

Honeyhips

Lovely
Wait... What? Hey if this thread was started to talk about a different board, I apologize. I had no idea.

classimami713 said:
Oops! Is this subject on the Off Topic board already? If so, sorry for the double topic post.

Last edited: