You can't love God and sex, can you?

Honeyhips

Lovely
Poohbear said:
I agree... but also keep in mind not to take advantage of God's mercy/grace/forgiveness by sinning just because you know God will forgive you. ;)
Not only that. God is a just God. So whatever consequence comes with that sin, it isll still come to you, regardless if you asked for forgiveness.

Honeyhips

Lovely
I totally agree.
Poohbear said:
I agree...

[/color]
...but you should be careful when you say this... just because you are a virgin doesn't mean you're any better or any more righteous than any other Christian (just to let you know, I'm a virgin myself!) ;)

And like one_praying said, you do not have to openly speak against someone when you judge if it's going to cause confusion or discord. You should go to that person privately and tell what you think they said or did was wrong. Telling members over here in this forum isn't going to help the situation get better.

Honeyhips

Lovely
Very well said.
pebbles said:
Sweetie, let me tell you something; Christians sin, all of us fall short of God's glory. Some may do it blatantly in your face, and others may be very good at hiding it. Some commit very big sins, others tell little white lies, but make no mistake, no one is walking upright as the Lord wants us to do. That's why we have Jesus to save us from ourselves.

I tell people all the time, don't put any Christian up on a pedastal. Not one! They will disappoint you, and if you weren't expecting it, that can cause you to stumble in your walk with God. Look to the perfection of Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. That's the only thing that's 100% trustworthy. :)

Honeyhips

Lovely
Do you mean when they say things like, they only do anal or have oral sex and it is ok? Or they are still a virgin but had an affair with a woman?

I'm not talking about anyone here. I am referring to a few members of my own church that I have an issue with.
ms_kenesha said:
I agree. I also think it's bad when people make a narrow definition of sex to suit their own religious agenda. For instance DeLeon Richards.

Honeyhips

Lovely
AnnDriena_ said:
I know that our thoughts count with God too. And I have to be careful with what I watch. You tell someone you’re a 28 year old virgin and they think you are asexual and don’t have sexual thoughts. But I can I have to stay away from certain things. Hey if you look at it I’m only a physical virgin because my thoughts aren’t pure. :ohwell:
I was just going to ask about this.

Honeyhips

Lovely
Millie_C said:
I am glad for this....

Knowing my own failures, I try to live by the passage that says "if our brother is overtaken with a fault to pray for them with a spirit of meekness concidering yourself lest you also be tempted"
I like this. Where is this?

Honeyhips

Lovely
We had an Apostle at our church last week who just said this. He said we all forget we have the holy spirit in us.

You always post excellent points. Thank you. I can tell you are a true woman of God.
cybra said:
But all of you keep in mind, the Bible tells us there are plenty who will claim Jesus but deny the power thereof. Meaning, many people will call themselves Christians but act as though Christ does not have the power to keep them from sinning; Their behaviors convey anything but the renewing of their spirit through Christ. Many coming in the name of Jesus will act as though the influences of Satan on their lives (sinning) is more powerful than the power of blood the of Christ in their lives (stop sinning). However, to sit and argue over God's word with such is futile. God doesn't call us to support, give evidence to it's validity, or push his word...his word can stand for itself. We are simply to spread his gospel as is. Yet, as with the parable of the sower there will come times when your message will fall on deaf ears, rocks, so nothing will sink in and the person you share the truth of the gospel with will continue believing and acting in worldly ways. Some of whom may call themselves "his sheep." Do not grieve yourself over such, a reprobate mind is something God does to those who will not adhere to his word and will. It is foolish to hold a conversation or argue with such a person, they will never hear you.

Well, I could go on for days when it comes to the Lord, but I've said enough :) I pray that all who read these threads will truly consider how they may be being decieved by Satan into believing their sinful ways are "okay" with God as they say they love him. You must choose who you will serve. God bless and keep you all.

Last edited:

Honeyhips

Lovely
cybra, I know you aren't perfect, and I know it is God speaking through you, but I still thank God for your wisdom and allowing him to speak through you. You could just as easily not share what God is saying. Not only are you wise, but you are always fair and objective.
cybra said:
You know, as much as I love to hear someone's life has been challenged or touched by what I say, please know, God is the true speaker in my life. I live my life simply to be used by him in any way he sees fit. I am just so thankful that Pebbles notified me of this thread. God has taught and trained me for 33 years on his ways. But, he didn't do so that I should keep it to myself, his word and wisdom needs to be shared with others. But I, too, have truly been blessed by things I have read on this forum and to see how God's children are standing strong for our Lord. I just want to shout when I see I'm not in this battle alone and that God has all his children on one accord :yay: I just thank and praise him for his goodness!!!!

Last edited:

cybra

HH, thank you so very much for your words of encouragement. One thing the Savior has taught me, we don't have to go around wearing a badge that says, "I'm a Christian," our spiritual walk and the power of the Holy Spirit through us when we talk is our testimony. I hope you all keep me in prayer, I'm determined to continue to completely live for my Savior untiil he calls me home.

I will definatley keep you sisters in prayer. You truly touch my life too...and I hope you all know it.

MSee

Honeyhips it is a principle I got from a combination of verses God had put in my way to expose prideful criticising of others (He is still dealing with me. But I'm learning to pray first and admonish only as He leads. I've still failed sometimes, I have a quick toungue when it comes to the things of God)

Bretheren, if a man be overtaken by a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Galatians 6:1

If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is is a sin unto death, I do not say that he shall pray for it.
All unrighteousness is sin and there is a sin not unto death. 1 John 5:16, 17

Cybra you are blessed with insite. You have reiterated a part of a message I just heard from TD Jakes on my way to work (Fortunately stuck behind a slow moving vehicle ). He was talking about strongholds in a christian's life and how it can severly affect your destiny. One thing stuck with me, 'you can't conquer what you don't confront.' Too many of us are held powerless by things we put above our passion for God and this is a serious disease to the body of Christ. (Not to mention seared conscienses justifying with scipture and all).

He talked about how he had to overcome a stronghold which he was suppsedly delivered from in a former church. It wasn't until he got a word from his spiritual father that helped him realise that he needed to stop calling it a 'little struggle' and wage war against it.

For the time is come that judgement must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 1Peter 4:17

Queeny thanks so much for your transparency. We need that to help oneanother in this fight of faith and to get souls saved.

Got to run.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Honeyhips said:
Not only that. God is a just God. So whatever consequence comes with that sin, it will still come to you, regardless if you asked for forgiveness.
I know...that's true too! Thanks for your addition to my post! :yep:

Country gal

This is a struggle for me. I struggle with this concept because I am in the world. It seems predated. I am currently praticing celibacy. It is a challenge. I know what the word says. I feel that a lot of sisters struggle with asbtaining from sex. I think this is where some of us tune out because we struggle with this issue and sometimes don't feel you get the support. As the original poster said, we all struggle with our walk. For some christians this is a challenge. I think you can love God and out of your love for God you fight the temptation to have sex. But the urges are still there and strong.

Last edited:

Honeyhips

Lovely
I think we have to remember that the God in us is stronger than sin. You can ask him to take anything away. Going through with sex is a conscious decision. We have to control the thoughts in our mind. Christians are not a group of mansy pansy weak people.

This isn't directly related, but an example of calling on God. I have a male friend in church, and I love his friendship. It is a genuine brother/sister relationship, and I love how much he loves my Mother. (I always said she needed a son). He is a true gentleman. The kind of guy that if you drop something he'll pick it up faster than you can, if you need anything moved or stuff taken out to your car he'll do it. Keep in mind he is like this with everyone. So it surprised me when all of a sudden folks were coming up to me, back to back, asking if I liked him and could I see myself married to him. They planted a seed that was never there before and I ran with it. I started thinking about him in that way, and started noticing how cute he was, and would get disappointed if I didn't see him in service. Like I was going to church to see him and not God. Things even began to get uncomfortable between us. We would walk past each other and NOT speak. I finally said to God, ok take this these thoughts away from me b/c I know they are not from you, and it is not your desire for me to be married right now or to be with him. He did it instantly. Anytime a thought comes up, I cancel it before it can fester. I had to do the same things with some of my sexual issues. I just decided, I won't do that. If thought comes up, I say I don't want to think that or participate in that.

I think God loves us he doesn't want us to have premarittal sex for a reason. His word will always stand regardless of what era the world is in. It is timeless. Jesus was also in the world and did not have sex. I've seen some passages that could be describing the world today. It left me in awe. There is no way you can love premarital sex and God. What also helped me is to not only stay focused on God, but understand the spirtual ramifications of sex, and understand the doors and curses I will be allowing into my life. I had to do the same thing with reading astrology. I also had to stop looking at certain things. :)

Last edited:

pebbles

Honeyhips said:
I think we have to remember that the God in us is stronger than sin. You can ask him to take anything away. Going through with sex is a conscious decision. We have to control the thoughts in our mind. Christians are not a group of mansy pansy weak people.

This isn't directly related, but an example of calling on God. I have a male friend and church, and I love his friendship. It is a genuine brother/sister relationship, and I love how much he loves my Mother. (I always said she needed a son). He is a true gentleman. The kind of guy that if you drop something he'll pick it up faster than you can, if you need anything moved or stuff taken out to your care he'll do it. Keep in mind he is like this with everyone. All of a sudden folks were coming up to me back to back and asking if I liked him and could see myself married to him. They planted a seed that was never there before and I ran with it. I started thinking about him in that way, and started noticing how cute he was, and would get disappointed if I didn't see him. Things even began to get uncomfortable between us. I finally said to God, ok take this these thoughts away from me b/c I know they are not from you, and it is not your desire for me to be married right now. He did it instantly. Anytime a thought comes up, I cancel it before it can fester. I had to do the same things with some of my sexual issues. I just decided, I won't do that. If thought comes up, I say I don't want to think that or participate in that.

I think God loves us he doesn't want us to have premarittal sex for a reason. His word will always stand regardless of what era the world is in. It is timeless. Jesus was also in the world and did not have sex. I've seen some passages that could be describing the world today. There is no way you can love premarital sex and God. What also helped me is to not only stay focused on God, but understand the spirtual ramifications of sex, and understand the doors and curses I will be allowing into my life. I had to do the same thing with reading astrology. I also had to stop looking at certain thin gs. :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: May God bless you richly for your faithfulness, Honeyhips, in Jesus' name!

Honeyhips

Lovely
I got a thumbs up from Pebbles and Poohbear? *fainting* .
Seriously though, I'm not being facetious, I wasn't sure how that was going to go over. Thank you ladies. I appreciate that.

I also think deliverance will help. If you are like me and hormones can rage during that time of the month. Exercise is a wonderful drug. ;)

Last edited:

pebbles

Honeyhips said:
I got a thumbs up from Pebbles and Poohbear? *fainting* .
Seriously though, I'm not being facetious, I wasn't sure how that was going to go over. Thank you ladies. I appreciate that.

I also think deliverance will help. If you are like me and hormones can rage during that time of the month. Exercise is a wonderful drug. ;)

Girl, you spoke the truth! I know it's hard to accept, but God does not condone sex outside of marriage. It's hard, and I understand the struggle, but there is no way to sugar coat this. There is a spiritual bond and a covenant being formed in all sexual unions, and that is why God doesn't want us to just have covenant with anybody. You take on things from the other person you never intended, then have to spend years getting freed from that mess. :( People really don't believe that, but it's true! When I was lost in sexual sin, I got to a point I stopped going to church, and I couldn't worship or be with the saints either, but Thank God for JESUS! :woot:

MSee

I truly appreciate hearing sisters not only saying what to do, but also showing how they have done it and talking about overcoming. Good sex indeed rivals any drug, but not only can God keep us from falling, He can also pick us up and make us whole again when we have fell, as long as we are willing to truly repent.

Many of the post reminds me of a fact that I would like anyone who is struggling to know, just like physical and emotional maturity doesn't come overnight, neither does spiritual maturity. But we must be willing to accept conviction (this can be as difficult to take as a bitter tonic) and to repent and follow Gods word. Its easy to type but I must confess its not always easy to follow. I've LEARNT to call on the Lord and to keep on calling until He delivers me, just like the widow in the parable in Luke 18. I wish I knew how years ago but now that I do, I must tell others.

Personally, ladies your words have been an encouragement to me.

Honeyhips

Lovely
You're right Millie. My problem is always the how. I need a specific examples, and step by step instructions. Spell it out like I'm slow. :)

I also need to learn how to relate a scripture to all areas of my life. For instance there is a scripture that says How can two be together if they don't agree. I always thought this was for married couples and household decisions, or a believer marrying a non believer. I didn't realize until a friend told me that it also relates to when people (friends, bosses, boyfriends and etc) say positive things about you and your ability and you say no I can't do that. Well how can I expect to move forward with that person if don't believe what they say? It was so simple, but hit me like a ton of breaks.

I also had to learn what it means to give things to God. I would say in my head or a prayer, ok God, I give it to you. But I would NEVER say, what I was feeling. I would never admit that I was sad, upset, disappointed, hurt, confused, or angry. Like dealing with my issues with my ex. I kept telling God to take away all feelings and thoughts and I kept trying to analyze what went wrong. As soon as I admitted to God I was hurt, everything was taken away. Same thing happened when it came time for me to forgive people. I also had to admit when it was hard for me and say that I could do it with God's grace.

Ok, sorry to go off topic.

Last edited:

stcsweet

Yes...I'm a 'nerd'....

This reference below is just an FYI. It's not meant to degrade, just to inform.

This was taken from www.carm.org, which is a great resource to share facts about several topics that we as Christians are faced with.

BTW, after reading this, I forgot that Song of Solomon is a great biblical 'romance novel'.

What is the biblical purpose of sex?

The biblical purpose of sex is multifaceted. God has given sex to us as a means of glorifying Him as we fulfill its design for procreation, intimacy, comfort, and physical pleasure. It is a fulfillment of God's created order in marriage between a husband and wife.

Procreation
Gen. 1:28, "And God blessed them; and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.'"

Intimacy
Song 1:13, "My beloved is to me a pouch of myrrh which lies all night between my breasts."
Song 2:3, "Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. In his shade I took great delight and sat down, and his fruit was sweet to my taste."
Song 2:6, "Let his left hand be under my head and his right hand embrace me.”
Song 4:5, "Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle, which feed among the lilies."

Companionship
Song 3:1, “On my bed night after night I sought him whom my soul loves..."

Physical Pleasure
Song 1:2, "May he kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine."

The sexual relation is only properly expressed in marriage between a husband and wife (1 Cor. 7:2-3). Any sexual contact between unmarried people is sinful since it violates God's design.

Sex is a wonderful blessing given to us by the Lord that serves to express intimacy to another. Some theologians believe that the sexual union is representative of the intimacy found in the Trinity. This is not to say that the members of the Godhead, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, have sexual relations. That is absurd. But there is an incredible intimacy and communion between them. The three persons in the Godhead are, after all, one God. This is why Jesus said that He and the Father were one (John 10:30). Remember, God says when a man and woman get married, they become one flesh (Gen. 2:24). This expression of physical union which has a spiritual aspect to it ("the two become one flesh") and is why some theologians see the sexual relation as a sacred experience.

We don't know if such speculations are accurate, but sexuality is to remain pure nonetheless. This means that the marriage bed must not violate the commandments of God in deed or thought -- no adultery, no pornography, no voyeurism, no bestiality, incest, etc. The sexual union is God ordained and God given and must be experienced in a godly way within marriage. In this, the sexual union can bring glory to God as it is experienced in fulfillment of God's design and purpose to provide pleasure, companionship, intimacy, and a means of fulfilling the command of God to fill the earth.

So the purpose of sex is to glorify God, bring forth children, express intimacy, provide comfort, and bless the spouse.

Last edited:
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Honeyhips said:

This isn't directly related, but an example of calling on God. I have a male friend in church, and I love his friendship. It is a genuine brother/sister relationship, and I love how much he loves my Mother. (I always said she needed a son). He is a true gentleman. The kind of guy that if you drop something he'll pick it up faster than you can, if you need anything moved or stuff taken out to your car he'll do it. Keep in mind he is like this with everyone. So it surprised me when all of a sudden folks were coming up to me, back to back, asking if I liked him and could I see myself married to him. They planted a seed that was never there before and I ran with it. I started thinking about him in that way, and started noticing how cute he was, and would get disappointed if I didn't see him in service. Like I was going to church to see him and not God. Things even began to get uncomfortable between us. We would walk past each other and NOT speak. I finally said to God, ok take this these thoughts away from me b/c I know they are not from you, and it is not your desire for me to be married right now or to be with him. He did it instantly. Anytime a thought comes up, I cancel it before it can fester. I had to do the same things with some of my sexual issues. I just decided, I won't do that. If thought comes up, I say I don't want to think that or participate in that.

I think God loves us he doesn't want us to have premarittal sex for a reason. His word will always stand regardless of what era the world is in. It is timeless. Jesus was also in the world and did not have sex. I've seen some passages that could be describing the world today. It left me in awe. There is no way you can love premarital sex and God. What also helped me is to not only stay focused on God, but understand the spirtual ramifications of sex, and understand the doors and curses I will be allowing into my life. I had to do the same thing with reading astrology. I also had to stop looking at certain things. :)

Off da chain post!

Also I would like to add that if you are serious about celibacy,don't allow yourself to watch or read anything that will incite those urges.

MrsQueeny

Millie_C said:
Queeny thanks so much for your transparency. We need that to help oneanother in this fight of faith and to get souls saved.

Got to run.

No problem, I have finally come to a place in my life where I can openly share and talk about my past sins and be able to help or bless someone else. It is so refreshing to see there are others who search the word of GOD for truth and not fall into the traps of this world. GOD bless you all. Q

Last edited:

AnnDriena_

I've also learned that developing habits of obedience help. I don't think we should ever be mindless of loving and obeying God, he doesn't want robots. But for me somethings are automatic. I need to brush up on my delivery habits but for instance when I'm hanging around girls that don't take it too seriously if guys touch them and rub up against them or feel free enough to hug them too much those same guys try that crap with me and it's just second nature to tell them to keep their hands to themselves and to remove myself from the situation. Because I've found when I stay in the situation I find little ways to be vengeful towards touchy feely men, especially if someone I'm attracted to is there and I wouldn't mind a hug:look: or getting a little closer. Urges will always come and thank God for them:D But a plan of attack or defense helps out greatly I have found.

Poohbear

AnnDriena_ said:
I've also learned that developing habits of obedience help. I don't think we should ever be mindless of loving and obeying God, he doesn't want robots. But for me somethings are automatic. I need to brush up on my delivery habits but for instance when I'm hanging around girls that don't take it too seriously if guys touch them and rub up against them or feel free enough to hug them too much those same guys try that crap with me and it's just second nature to tell them to keep their hands to themselves and to remove myself from the situation. Because I've found when I stay in the situation I find little ways to be vengeful towards touchy feely men, especially if someone I'm attracted to is there and I wouldn't mind a hug:look: or getting a little closer. Urges will always come and thank God for them:D But a plan of attack or defense helps out greatly I have found.
From what you said, it just seems like you have more self control when it comes to guys than your friends. Your friends may see guys touching on them as great or flattering but you have your mind set not to allow that to happen by having more respect for your body. I applaud you for not yielding to temptation. ;)

AnnDriena_

Thanks but don't applaud me, girl. sometimes I just want to yield:lachen: :lachen: But the "no he di'nt reflex kicks in and I just want to kick some butt" . Ever have that happen to you? You are tempted but you get distracted by the impulse to think why in the world would he think I would just be good to go like that?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Great thread chicas! I know that God knew how powerful sex was and he designed it for the marriage bed ONLY, for a reason. Just think of all the societal problems that would be non-existent if there were no pre-marital sex.

Ayeshia

Supergirl said:
Just think of all the societal problems that would be non-existent if there were no pre-marital sex.

yeah then I would be nonexistent too :rofl: Naw but on a serious point I do think things would be more "controlled" to some extent.

Poohbear

Supergirl said:
Great thread chicas! I know that God knew how powerful sex was and he designed it for the marriage bed ONLY, for a reason. Just think of all the societal problems that would be non-existent if there were no pre-marital sex.
You know what? You could look at it the other way too...what if God didn't designate sex for marriage only! :shocked: Then this world would REALLY be chaotic!

Belle Du Jour

Supergirl said:

My sisters spoke a word in this thread! I hope that it will help some ppl feel convicted about their choices (not just pertaining to sex), especially if they claim to be a born again Christian.