You weren't meant to have long hair (long)

Cooyah,

Don't even sweat it. My mom is the same way. Every time I come home from school she always goes "lemme see your hair...Hmmm it looks shorter..." Knowing darn well that my hair gets longer each time she sees me. It's so frustrating because I know she's doing it on purpose. Plus, she cut her hair a while ago to shoulder length and it's been that way for years now. She doesn't do anything to stimulate hair growth. She brushes it vigorously, blow dries it every time she washes it, sleeps without a scarf...So I don't know why she's telling me my hair isn't growing!

Sometimes she even says "your hair looks so nice, I wish I could get mine like that." So, from time to time I tell her some things about taking care of her hair, but she doesn't listen. So, it's come to the point where I basically ignore her or cut her off when she starts saying something rude.

I haven't told her, my dad or my bf that I'm going natural because I don't want to hear anything they have to say. My only support is my sister and you ladies here....

Back