Your All-Time Worst Product Pick

LaNecia

Letitia said:
Now I will dodge the rocks.....Qhemet Alma Heavy Cream. Nawh Dawg, this stuff was just not for me. No matter how hard I tried to love this, it was a no go. It now has a happy home with a Qhemet Heavy Cream Lover.

***faints and falls to the floor!!***

:lol: Oh well, I'm glad it's being put to good use, I love this stuff!

My to the max dislikes:

Lusters Pink Oil...haven't used this in more than 15 years and I still can't stand the thought! :whip:

ORS Conditioner Packets (whatever that mess is called)...hard, tangled hair.

Humecto in da Tub did Nada, tried this routine twice, ended up shipping that is to Florida to a loving home! :lol:

Miss Key 10 en 1...what's it good for? Absolutely nothing, say it again!

Honorable mentions Include: ELASTA ManGo Butter, Infusium Leave In and Lekair Cholesterol!

Dang...now I stick with the tried and true (though I have to come out of the closet and admit I am Phyto Curious!) :lol:

pistachio

I retract my former nomination, because I just remembered one worst than the Lusters' Pink Growth Complex 3000. The Profective Growth serum I think it's called. it's the one with the picture of a lady with locs in her hair, and it's a clear liquid. Oh man, i put that stuff in my hair, and when I went to brush my hair, my -ish felt like straw, and my hair broke off so badly I was almost in tears!!!! i ran to the sink to wash it out, and then re-pooed, and cond. my hair. All was well after that :) Whenever i see it in the store, I wanna kill it!!!:lachen: :lachen:

sunshinebeautiful

I'm also retracting my former pick in favor of something I use to use religiously waaaaaay before coming to LHCF........ BROWN GEL! You wanna talk about a hard, dry, yucky mess. :mad:

LocksOfLuV

I tried Pink Oil Moisturizer the other week because I ran out of moisturizer it was the truf! I remembered why I used to love this stuff. It made my hair so sleek and shiny. I am not buying because that little bottle is too expensive and I would rather stick with cheapies.

I guess i am officially kicked out of LHCF huh?:lol:

SilkyandSmooth

Bouncy Curls said:
Nexxus Therappe Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo:mad: That mess was like a clarifying shampoo. Made my hair so hard and it didn't give any slip at all. Never again :nono:

The same thing happened to me when I used a sample of that crap. I couldn't believe it because Nexxus usually gets raves. :ohwell:

Tee

VWVixxen said:
***faints and falls to the floor!!***

:lol: Oh well, I'm glad it's being put to good use, I love this stuff!

My to the max dislikes:

Lusters Pink Oil...haven't used this in more than 15 years and I still can't stand the thought! :whip:

ORS Conditioner Packets (whatever that mess is called)...hard, tangled hair.

Humecto in da Tub did Nada, tried this routine twice, ended up shipping that is to Florida to a loving home! :lol:

Miss Key 10 en 1...what's it good for? Absolutely nothing, say it again!

Honorable mentions Include: ELASTA ManGo Butter, Infusium Leave In and Lekair Cholesterol!

Dang...now I stick with the tried and true (though I have to come out of the closet and admit I am Phyto Curious!) :lol:

Glad to see the Miss Key part. I have had a small, VERY small curiousity about this product. I wont even think on it anymore now. lol Thanks VV

sylver2

LocksOfLuV said:
I tried Pink Oil Moisturizer the other week because I ran out of moisturizer it was the truf! I remembered why I used to love this stuff. It made my hair so sleek and shiny. I am not buying because that little bottle is too expensive and I would rather stick with cheapies.

Man..that was my ish since I was kid. Lusters pink oil I used for like 25 years straight on my hair..lol. The only reason I had stopped was because I found ntm.

MonaLisa

Originally Posted by SleekandBouncy
Keracare Humecto, for the price it did nothing for my hair. I think I'm the only one though.

seemegrow said:
ITA. I kept mixing it with other stuff to use it up. It was real watery and just sat on my hair.

I was a hardcore user of Humecto (in da tub)....then one day, I realized...I always mix it with something else....let me try it dolo....

that was one of my "A-ha" moments in changing things in my product regimen....Humecto departed...and Motions Moisture Plus entered the picture...and it's been all good. I'm straight now.:)

Letitia said:
Qhemet Alma Heavy Cream. Nawh Dawg, this stuff was just not for me. No matter how hard I tried to love this, it was a no go. It now has a happy home with a Qhemet Heavy Cream Lover.

Awwww...Letitia put the Heavy Cream up for hair adoption. That's so sweet:grin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohoHair
NTM Daily Deep Conditioner. This did not moisturize my hair at all. It left my hair a tangled, knotted, breaking mess and felt like acid on my hands. It was the catalayst for the WORST setback I'd ever had since joining LHCF. I wouldn't go near that stuff again if you paid me.:mad:

Sylver2 said:
acid!!?.... oh come come now:lachen:

Please mail that acid straight to me:)

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!! *hi-fives Sylver* Shyyyyyyyyyyyy....I wanna burn!

I'm still praying for the day that Neutrogena puts this in a tub...I would save a hella lot of dough...

LocksOfLuV

sylver2 said:
Man..that was my ish since I was kid. Lusters pink oil I used for like 25 years straight on my hair..lol. The only reason I had stopped was because I found ntm.

:eek: That's it, I'm buying j/k! But I'll be damned if I found out you were using it now with all that thick long healthy hair....I would be on my way back to walmart.:look:

MonaLisa

VWVixxen said:

:poke: :poke:

*whispers in Vix's ear...."You know you want to ......you want it.....g'head..."

And ever since my cousin started doing my touch ups....I only use half a jar now.....so I'm in my glory!

I touch up 3-4 times a year...so I'm straight.

G'head....:lol:

Arcadian

I know I'll get the beat down for it but Aveda stuff and especially the Damage Remedy line ....

I've clarified and everything, just made my hair feel extremly fragile and hard!

And my hair loves protien..so I just don't know. I gave it to my mother and she was in heaven. I guess it loves her.:mad:

On my never again will I use this and if I do take me out back and beat me list is Hollywood Carrot Oil.

I got the worst snowflakes in my head ever. they was big too! (did make my hair feel good tho)

-A

mstee eyes

Biolage (sp??) I was so mad when I brought that mess only to discover that it didn't give me any slip and that it made my hair hard as rocks

P

peacefulstrength

pink oil...Man! get that crap out of here.....I was so faithful to this growing up.....I'll use it in the morning and it would look nice but by the time I came home that thing was breaking off my hair and making it look dry. I just didnt understand. We need to start up a fire and just throw every single bottle on earth into the fire.:D

Lusa

1. Pink Oil moisturiser - goes without saying
2. Mizani anything -The relaxer did nothing for my hair, and the hair dress things just weighed my hair down.
3. Pantene Relaxed and Natural shampoo, conditioner -They were alright but I have found much better products at comparable prices.
4. ORS carrot oil - this stuff is sticky and just makes my hair oily.
5. KeraCare hairdress - may as well use DAX or blue magic.

I may get stoned for this but I recently sampled Nexxus Therappe and Humectress and didn't find them to be better than anything else I have been using. So, they are not on my worst list but "did nothing special" list.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
LocksOfLuV said:

I've never had a problem with pink oil. I've loved it for years and I love the smell too. I don't use it currently though only because I like using more natural products now. I'm like you....I thought I was gonna get kicked out of this one forum cuz I said I liked this stuff:lol: . Man everybody jumped on me I was like whaaa:perplexed .

LocksOfLuV

Pokahontas said:
I've never had a problem with pink oil. I've loved it for years and I love the smell too. I don't use it currently though only because I like using more natural products now. I'm like you....I thought I was gonna get kicked out of this one forum cuz I said I liked this stuff:lol: . Man everybody jumped on me I was like whaaa:perplexed .

you just made me do a new thread.:lol:

HoneyDew

Pokahontas said:

I never had a problem with it either. I never use it now because it is too oily for me, but I never had a problem with it when I used it as a teen.

MonaLisa

Okay....so far......the major rock throwing awards/made by the devil are going to ....

Luster's Pink Oil Lotion
Infusium 23
ORS Olive Oil Lotion

Some devil rocks are also hitting :eek: :eek:

Aveda
Garnier
Pantene
NTM
Phyto
V05/Suave
Keracare/Humecto
Nexxus
ORS (non Olive Oil Lotion)

Bosslady1

Marc Anthony Flat Iron Spray...it had waaay too much alcohol content!...it left my hair extremely hard to comb.

chayil0427

michc said:
'Let's Jam' - the most gooey, sticky, yukky product I have ever used. :down:

Oooooooooooh wee....I remember that greasy gel. Y'all remember that African Pride grease with the "herbs" (I call them weeds) in it. Sistas was walking around with little sticks in their hair.

And brown gel and pink oil...that WAS black hair care in the 90s. LOL. Thank goodness times have changed.

Chayil

Last edited:

darkempress

MY WORST PRODUCT SO FAR WOULD HAVE TO BE GOT2BE LEAVE IN. IT CAME IN A LITTLE CUTE BOTTLE, WHICH ATTRACTED ME TO IT EVEN MORE. BUT ONCE I PUT THAT S*** IN MY HHAIR IT WAS A DIFFERENT STORY. IT GAVE MY HAIR A NASTY COATED FEELING, AND MADE IT VERY TANGLED.

hot_pepper96

Sorry but two things come to mind....BBD Stretch (left my hair really hard and dry) and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Active Soothing Shampoo (It was too creamy and it left my scalp itchy and gross).