1 Year Progress Pics...SL to BSL!! (Pic Heavy)

soon2bsl

**Pic Heavy** :)

Hey ladies! My 1 year HHJ anniversary was June 6th, and yesterday, June 22nd, marked 1 year since I began my transition to natural hair. I've learned so much on the board this past year and have gone from barely SL to touching BSL! I began grazing BSL toward the end of May, so it took me little under 12 months to go from SL to BSL! I'm so glad I joined LHCF and thank all you fabulous ladies for the information you share!

My reggie is simple:

-Shampoo with CON 1 time a week. I sometimes alternate shampooing for ACV rinse.
-DC with ORS mixed with EVOO and EVCO 1 time a week.
-Co wash maybe 1 -2 times a week w/VO5 Moistures Milk.
- Do Aphogee 2 min, every blue moon.
-Protective styles! Wore half wigs and lace fronts alot the 1st 6 months of hhj. Last 6 months have done mainly sew-ins and crochets. In between installs would do buns, and phony ponies.
Over the last month been wearing my own hair and doing buns, curly puff, or hair up in a clip.

That's basically it. I only comb on wash day, and just use NTM as my moisturizer and seal with EVCO. Use castor oil for edges.

So... on to the pics! (sorry some of the pics are small thumbnail size, but it only let me post so many larger pics before I exceeded the bandwith.)

Starting pic. Couple weeks after joining the board and the day I got my last relaxer. My hair was trimmed about an inch and flat ironed.

Aug 09..2 months into my HHJ.

Oct 09'- wet hair

10 months post..April 10'. Rollerset hair:

June 10'-My hair now!

Texture shots with conditioner:

Rinsed Conditioner out.. (excuse the shower in the background lol):

Nape, no product:

Crown, with NTM leave in:

Crown..wet hair..after tying scarf for about 10 min:

Dry hair, with NTM coconut oil (little castor oil on edges)slept with scarf..huge difference in my nautral and relaxed textures!

Last edited:

PPGbubbles

YAY! the pics are here :) lovely progress....It amazing to see the difference in thickness between your relaxed and natural hair.

Do you plan to continue your transition longterm?

jovan787

Wow....SL to BSL in little over a year.....:notworthy Lovely Progress indeed :yep:

We're going to need you to post your regimen/routine and not leave ANYTHING out....products, methods used, how many times you urinated a day (i kid i kid), etc.

soon2bsl

Can't see pichas and where da regimen?:spank:

I'll go back and edit my thread, and post reggie.

YAY! the pics are here :) lovely progress....It amazing to see the difference in thickness between your relaxed and natural hair.

Do you plan to continue your transition longterm?

Thanks! Yes I plan to transition long term. I'v had the itch here and there to BC...but I really want to stick with my plan to do a long transition. My goal is 3 years, but who knows after 2 years, I may really be ready to chop lol.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Beautiful progress. Great amount of NG for a 1 year transition!!

Patiently waiting on reggie :)

KurlyNinja

Thats is ALOT of progress. If I make anything close to BSL next year, I'll be a long term transitioner as well.

MsChelle

Congrats on your progress! Your natural texture is gorgeous! Keep up the good work. It definitely paying off for you.:yep:

ycj1

You've made some outstanding progress there! When r u going to get rid of the relaxed ends? You also look like my hair twin!

Do you plan on continuing transitioning until the natural hair reaches bsl?

I wish I was at yr length now.........I have another yr to get to there :wallbash:

Great texture shots as well!:yep:

soon2bsl

Very, very nice!!! Your new growth is too cute, too!

LOL thanks! :) You're natural hair is soo pretty!

Wow your new growth is serious!!! Congrats on all your retention..

LOL, yeah it's trying to take over! ha ha. Thanks!

Wow, great progress! And lovely hair too! How long do you plan on transitioning for?

Thanks! You're has is so nice! See below regarding transitioning:

You've made some outstanding progress there! When r u going to get rid of the relaxed ends? You also look like my hair twin!

Do you plan on continuing transitioning until the natural hair reaches bsl?

I wish I was at yr length now.........I have another yr to get to there :wallbash:

Great texture shots as well!:yep:

Thanks! Gotta give my hubby credit taking the pics...although that's not his ideal "job" ha ha...he knows I had to get some good shots to post. As for transitioning, my plan is once I reach WSL, (hopefully next summer) maintain there until all the relaxed ends are gone. So I'm thinking that will take a total of 3 years before all the relaxed ends are gone. Pretty cool, we're hair twins! Are you natural or transitioning?

My Friend

WOW!! Great job. To go fro SL to BSL in 1 year means you retained it all, right? :yep: Congratulations. Whats your hair goals for the future?

soon2bsl

WOW!! Great job. To go fro SL to BSL in 1 year means you retained it all, right? :yep: Congratulations. Whats your hair goals for the future?

Thanks! Yes I retained all the inches I grew over the past year. I didn't trim at all..just lightly dusted. I plan to continue on my long term transition. My goal is to reach WSL by next summer, then maintain at waist until all my relaxed are gone.

Great progress!

Thanks Kami! You're hair is so beautiful! Trying to get to your length! :)

Beautiful hair and excellent growth...I love progress threads!

Aww thanks! You ladies inspire me!

soon2bsl

Thanks ladies for all your kind words! I almost forgot to ask the infamous "texture" question lol...but what texture does my hair look like? I think knowing this will really help me with product choices as I get futher along in my transition.

I've been told 3C/4A when I was about 5 months post.. but was wondering does it still look that way? To me, it looks like I'm 3C at the crown, and crown, and 4A in the middle. I used to think my nape was 3C, but wondering if it looks more 4A? I don't know, I'm not the best at typing :)

Last edited: