100% Silk Headwrap: How Much Would You Pay?

What's the most you'd pay for this?

• No More than $5-10

Votes: 64 33.2%
  • No More than $10-20

Votes: 67 34.7%
  • No More than $20-30

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No More than $30-40

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • No More than $40-50

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • No More than $50-60

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • No More than $60-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No More than $70-80

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • No More than $80-90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No More than $90-100

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

SouthernTease

Without knowing anything else except
what it looks like and that it's made
from 100% silk... what's the most you'd
pay for this??? I was :blush: when I saw the price
but before I tell you... I wanted unbiased
opinion on how much you'd pay for it...
oh you can get it in any color... doesn't have
to be this print... I just liked it.
I guess I will reveal the price tomorrow around this time.
You will be SHOCKED!

Here's the marketing:
It's A Wrap is a great choice for a "no styling required" day or evening. Combination scarf, headband and sash, provides you flexibility and artistic flair with luxurious appeal. Gorgeous silk feels sensuous on your head and makes you feel feminine and carefree. Elastic base with long ties keeps wrap in place and allows adjusting for all head sizes. Great choice when you have the top down, the motor running, or the sail up, and you're ready to go!

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

$5.99 seems like a good price point given the price of the satin $.99 - $2.99 head wraps in the BSS.

It's probably $19.99 though.

issidoll

Well I have paid $18.00 for a silk bonnet. But I guess no more than $20.00. :rolleyes:
I'm a sucker for the 100% silk natural material :lick: rather than satin (i.e 100% polyester)!!:grin:

drasgrl

I'm cheap so I chose choice #1. I'm perfectly happy with my $2 silk scarf I bought at Goodwill. :grin:

CenteredGirl

First, ya'll that will pay more than $30, I want to be adopted by you! I think up to $20 is reasonable for well made scarves. These are hair scarves so I think a lower price point is reasonable.

anon123

Now you know it was so easy to find that on the web! :grin: And I would never pay that price, or the prices for any of that head gear.

cupcakes

i want one that is sooo pretty. but i wont pay more than 10 dollars for a peice of cloth
..i saw the price and i was in shock

Last edited:

*KP*

Now you know it was so easy to find that on the web! :grin: And I would never pay that price, or the prices for any of that head gear.

I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I looked it up too. Google is a wonderful thing! I picked up to $30 in the poll, it is hard to justify anything more than that for something that will just go on my head an night and will never see the light of day.

issidoll

Oh my! Miss Southern Tease has you have a good eye and expensive tastes.:lachen:
I love the other products and the silk covered head bands and ponyholders would really protect your hair from mechanial breakage. But the cost :perplexed:spinning::nono:.

SouthernTease

Cheaters! :nono2:

It's actually not the type of thing you'd wear to sleep
I guess you could, but this is a more wear out in public
type of thing... not like on a date...
more like shopping... casual activities...
I'm sure you've seen fabulous people
do this from time to time and you can be sure
they don't use $2 scarves from the local BSS...
they are rocking $300 Pucci & Louis Vuitton
(or knockoffs)...

Anyway... since ya'll cheated... I'll just say... it retails
for $70... I am a retailer and even the wholesale price
is above what anyone in this poll would pay...
It's by FranceLuxe... I've seen the line in Nordstroms
and it can also be bought online... gotta say...
I've seen them in public... they just aiight...
actually I've seen the hot glue they use to put them together
when I was in store... I'll be damned if I pay $70 for that...
wouldn't dream of trying to sell it to anyone else. :nono2:
I get it... it's silk... but come on really... I've seen silk dresses
for less than $70. :nono2:

Forever in Bloom

The most I would pay for one with a print would probably be $20. I found a Ralph Lauren one with a turquoise paisley print at TJ Maxx a few months ago for that price.

I can visit any of the many online fabric sites and buy the material for cheap and have my handy dandy mommy pretty it up for me. :look:

Or I usually visit www.etsy.com to see if any sellers are making anything unique to fit my needs.

I went to Wal-Mart last month and saw several beautiful colors (turquoise, fuschia, emerald, tangerine, and more) for $6.99/yd.

1 Yard is all I need anyway to fit my head :rolleyes:

PaperClip

The most I would pay for one with a print would probably be $20. I found a Ralph Lauren one with a turquoise paisley print at TJ Maxx a few months ago for that price.

I can visit any of the many online fabric sites and buy the material for cheap and have my handy dandy mommy pretty it up for me. :look:

Or I usually visit www.etsy.com to see if any sellers are making anything unique to fit my needs.

I went to Wal-Mart last month and saw several beautiful colors (turquoise, fuschia, emerald, tangerine, and more) for $6.99/yd.

I was just in TJ Maxx this afternoon and saw some 100% silk scarves for $19.99.... this was after I had left Old Navy where they have silk scarves on sale for 40% off so I got two for $8.70 each. They were a bit small so I got two and I'm going to sew the two pieces together. I got a pattern/print I liked so I had to get creative by sewing the two scarves together.

MrsWatson

The most I ever paid for a scarf was 38...Well, my SO got it for me...I think it only cost so much because its Coach though. Other than that, I don't think i could see myself shelling out anything over 20 bucks for a scarf...

those r really nice though...

LiqueXX

I was going to buy several Coach scarves. I never thought to just buy silk fabric from the store.

lilsparkle825

pshhh no more than $10. i got a half yard on sale from joann fabrics and made my own for about $8, then there were some posts saying that old navy has 100% silk ones on clearance from time to time.

*still waiting on you to tell me how to do a coil out. :ninja:

Last edited:

MA2010

I got my 100% silk scarf from honeyfig.com for $15 and I love it! I thought it was pricey though.

alopeciagrl

Well I was recently in the market for buying a 100% silk scarf. I planned to pay at least $20. The first place I went was Macy's who had them for $40 regular price. Then I wised up and decided to go to TJM. they had thwm for $15-$20. I bought a beautiful square shaped scarf for $16. I was happy...

But given this silk scarf is not just square shaped it's cut out into a shaped I woud say it's at least $40.

However to determine the amount I would spend depends on use. For hair protection at night the max is $20 for fashion the max is $40.

alopeciagrl

In reference to Iluvsmuhgrass:

I paid $3 for mine not including tax. I got it from a Liz Claiborne outlet (on sale)

Wow Great purchase...