How much would you pay for a LF unit?

Ediese

I've paid $165 before for a great looking kinky straight unit from Holly (chinese vendor). I wouldnt' pay more than $200. You can check out my fotki if you want pics.

Last edited:

Ediese

I found one for $400 but I"m thinking that's a bit much for anything hair related.
What do you all think? I have the money but can't wrap my head around spending $400 for a wig :lol:

Have you checked out the chinese vendors that they ladies over at blackhairmedia.com use? That's where I bought mine. They can almost identically duplicate the same wig you're interested in, I'm sure!

AtlantaJJ

You will get more attention to detail with a good American vendor,

Bleached single knots in the hairline which makes it look so much more realistic. You will also get custom density which helps keep the unit from looking wiggy.

You can also get the custom cut and color that was mentioned by an AV. An AV will also help you select the best type of hair for your look in terms of care and matching your own hair if you choose to do that. An AV will save you time researching on BHM.

There is benefits in going with an AV. I go with the Chinese because I'm cheap... :grin:

Ediese

You will get more attention to detail with a good American vendor,

Bleached single knots in the hairline which makes it look so much more realistic. You will also get custom density which helps keep the unit from looking wiggy.

You can also get the custom cut and color that was mentioned by an AV. An AV will also help you select the best type of hair for your look in terms of care and matching your own hair if you choose to do that. An AV will save you time researching on BHM.

There is benefits in going with an AV. I go with the Chinese because I'm cheap... :grin:

I so agree with the bolded. I personally can't afford AV.

AtlantaJJ

Thanks for all the information ladies, gives me a lot to think about.
I see you are 100% natural. I don't think I could survive being natural without my LF because I love to workout and I don't want to be styling my hair every day or wearing braids all the time. This has been the best thing that has happened to me, I can go to work looking fly and my hair is safely braided and protected.

ETA: I'm actually thinking about paying for an AV unit because they last forever and I want to get the next units to look as close to my natural hair straightened as possible. I don't mind making the investment because I know that I will be keeping it for a very long time. And since I don't attach my units with glue, they last a lot longer because I take them off every night and I don't wear them on the weekends.

I love this one:

Last edited:

Faith

I was going to buy from www.itsallbeauty.com but it seems the BHM ladies turned on her a bit so I'm not sure anymore.

AtlantaJJ

I was going to buy from www.itsallbeauty.com but it seems the BHM ladies turned on her a bit so I'm not sure anymore.
Take your time and do your research and if they say something's up listen to them. I am not familar at all with this person. The vendors I mentioned have been around for a long time and I've known about their work for the past 2 years. There's a lot of "JaneComeLately" LF vendors out there so beware of them. I'll only deal with a CV that I know has a good rep or an AV that's been around for a good minute. Its wroth spending that extra $150.00 or so to have a really nice unit that will last for years than to try to scrimp and end up with a birds nest.

The other thing you might want to consider is the hair texture. From now on I'm only getting the hair that looks like AA relaxed or pressed hair.

ETA: Check out Rex if you are looking for a low price, he's a good CV.

Last edited:

shadylane21

Her website is wigsandclosures.com shoot her an e-mail for an updated price list. She responds super quick and I get a quick response when e-mailong after 7pm becaue of the time diffrence in China.