2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that I may truly have to use your method of pre parting ...but I'm lazy:cry: I think I'll do it though because this stretch will be for nothing if I end up underprocessed:nono:

sunnieb

Kim0105 have you done the coconut creme relaxer again? I tried to but didn't get the same results because I was trying to be too much of a mixtress so my hair was over moisturized but I'm thinking about trying it again...

divachyk Cherry89 baddison Nix08

Just checking in with ya'll.

Here's what my relaxer day timer says right now:

10 days left until Apr 26, 2013
-- Relaxer Day!

Can. Not. Wait.

sunnieb Mine says 10 days too:grin: I've been wearing ball caps this week. I am ready oh so ready divachyk Cherry89 baddison!!!!!

Nix08 sunnieb divachyk Cherry89 :

Its gonna be soooo worth it ladies!!:yep::yep: Right now my biggest concern is making sure I'm not too underprocessed with all this new growth I have. Cant wait -cant wait!!:nono:

Kim0105 have you done the coconut creme relaxer again? I tried to but didn't get the same results because I was trying to be too much of a mixtress so my hair was over moisturized but I'm thinking about trying it again...

I did it again 2 weeks ago. It went well as I was able to comb through my newgrowth as long as I did it in sections. I might do it again at the end of the month. I saw the pics of your newgrowth on the NJoy thread. I can't wait to see how much you retain when you relax.

I am 7 weeks post and plan to relax at 12 weeks. Anybody out there 7 weeks post and plan to relax at the 12 week mark, May 24th?

Rozlewis I'm supposed to stretch until May 25th (that'd be around 17 weeks or so for me - I say supposed to because my new growth won't let me be great this week and if next week isn't better a touch up may be in my near future) and my buddy Hairroots is a SUPA DUPA STRETCHER so her date is prolly January 2014 LOL :lachen:

But feel free to join us!

I did it again 2 weeks ago. It went well as I was able to comb through my newgrowth as long as I did it in sections. I might do it again at the end of the month. I saw the pics of your newgrowth on the NJoy thread. I can't wait to see how much you retain when you relax.

Girl. Thanks to dusting with that calendar, I'm sure I won't need much of a trim but this will be the first time I've had my hair straight to really see what's going on! That pic didn't do it justice! This stuff is curled soooo tight! Lol! I can't wait! I definitely have to try that relaxer again.

GrowAHead, I'll be glad to join you, buddy. I am new to this so 12 is a long stretch to me. I may try to extend that a little longer after this one. You will be my motivation and inspiration.

Rozlewis I'm supposed to stretch until May 25th (that'd be around 17 weeks or so for me - I say supposed to because my new growth won't let me be great this week and if next week isn't better a touch up may be in my near future) and my buddy Hairroots is a SUPA DUPA STRETCHER so her date is prolly January 2014 LOL :lachen:

But feel free to join us!
Lol GrowAHead. You got jokes! ;). I'm at 5 weeks post with 27 left to go. I don't have any new growth that I can feel yet. I have a long way to go. I'm not even thinking about it. Rozlewis welcome. Let's do this ;).

Last edited:
baddison since I pre-part my hair prior to relaxer application, I'm not too concerned about coming out under-processed. I do think I'll make even smaller sections to be doubly sure the I'm able to get my newgrowth skrait! :lol:

It's so dense and packed in there. Imma really have to work it! :yep:

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
shortdub78

Back from the salon and I'm so disappointed I could literally cry :-(. My hair didn't grow in 12 weeks! 12 weeks!! Either that or it has been breaking the whole time. My hair is super healthy and no split ends, WTF! Besides see thru ends which i'm trying to decide if i should even it now or continue to dust until its all even (about 1"). My profile picture was taken the end of December-2012, this is my hair today:
image-2430930867.jpg
I know I said I would make full APL but I was looking for a little surprise, I'm surprised alright. I feel like I have gotten nowhere fast...I do everything right, EVERYTHING and I can't seem to benefit from all my hard work, dedication and discipline. BSL for me is line 7/8 top/bottom of bra, at this rate, there is no way I'm going to make my goal in December. I'm off to drink my Bailey's and soak on my sorrows :-(.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

baddison since I pre-part my hair prior to relaxer application, I'm not too concerned about coming out under-processed. I do think I'll make even smaller sections to be doubly sure the I'm able to get my newgrowth skrait! :lol:

It's so dense and packed in there. Imma really have to work it! :yep:

sunnieb, yeah - Imma do the same thing. I usually do the half-n-half method. so I'll just add the pre-parting into small sections to my half-n-half, and I'm sure it will be a breeze. So looking forward to my relaxer!!! First one for the 2013 year...yaaaayyyy! :yay: :yay:

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
shortdub78

Back from the salon and I'm so disappointed I could literally cry :-(. My hair didn't grow in 12 weeks! 12 weeks!! Either that or it has been breaking the whole time. My hair is super healthy and no split ends, WTF! Besides see thru ends which i'm trying to decide if i should even it now or continue to dust until its all even (about 1"). My profile picture was taken the end of December-2012, this is my hair today:

I know I said I would make full APL but I was looking for a little surprise, I'm surprised alright. I feel like I have gotten nowhere fast...I do everything right, EVERYTHING and I can't seem to benefit from all my hard work, dedication and discipline. BSL for me is line 7/8 top/bottom of bra, at this rate, there is no way I'm going to make my goal in December. I'm off to drink my Bailey's and soak on my sorrows :-(.

It actually does look like its grown. Your ends look like mine and I decided not to head straight to MasterCuts to even it up. I'm trying to accept that I'm a slow grower. Don't be sad... You can make your goal, girl!

@Cattypus1
@xu93texas
@Altruisticoam
@yoli184
@shortdub78

View attachment 205387

Ok KiWiStyle, take a deep breath :) Your hair is healthy and shiny with no split ends. It has grown some, just not as much as you would've liked. Keep doing what your doing. I've heard that hair grows at different rates at different times of the year. Fwiw, I did read that going from APL to BSL is one of the most difficult lengths to achieve.

Yes, you have plenty of time to reach your goal. Keep trying. As far as dusting or trimming, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

KiWiStyle

i see growth and i wouldn't cut it. wait until your next relaxer to trim. dust if needed. i believe you will make it, or very close to it, if you include dusting/trimming throughout the year. please don't feel like you haven't made progress.

Ok KiWiStyle, take a deep breath :) Your hair is healthy and shiny with no split ends. It has grown some, just not as much as you would've liked. Keep doing what your doing. I've heard that hair grows at different rates at different times of the year. Fwiw, I did read that going from APL to BSL is one of the most difficult lengths to achieve.

Yes, you have plenty of time to reach your goal. Keep trying. As far as dusting or trimming, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

i agree! i'm trying not to be scissor happy this year. i had cut off a lot of progress last year due to stupid stuff and going nutty buddy with the scissors. wanting blunt straight ends can hinder progress. apl/ bsl ain't no punk to get to.

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
shortdub78

If you don't have split ends, then don't cut it. I just cut two inches off mine, but my ends looked really bad and having blunt ends (I've just realized) is important to me. I'm not so concerned with length as I am with liking how my hair looks...aka blunt ends. Sounds like you're concerned with length, so keep at it. It's growing, just at different rates. And if you want to see some see through ends, just look at my post from yesterday...you're doing fine.

sunnieb, Cherry89, baddison, Nix08

My hair is doing well. Hope you lovely hair is doing well also. You ladies will be surprised to know that I'm now cowashing often. Been averaging daily or every two days. I'm having a blast with cowashing. I'm practicing for when I enter into a stretch.

divachyk glad you joined the cowashing bandwagon.........finally! :giggle:

Your hair is gonna love it! I just cowashed last night and my hair just fell into place when I was putting it in a bun. I love cowashing!

@KiWiStyle I found my hair doing that exact same thing last year and the only real thing that I have come up with is it's from bunning. I don't think my fine strands enjoyed buns:nono: But this year I rarely bun so at my next relaxer I'll see how I've faired.

@divachyk welcome to "teamcowashers" :grin:

sunnieb I totally agree with hair just falling into line with cowashing:yep:

@KiWiStyle I found my hair doing that exact same thing last year and the only real thing that I have come up with is it's from bunning. I don't think my fine strands enjoyed buns:nono: But this year I rarely bun so at my next relaxer I'll see how I've faired.

@divachyk welcome to "teamcowashers" :grin:

sunnieb I totally agree with hair just falling into line with cowashing:yep:

This may be my problem because I bun 90-95 percent of the time with rare twist outs and flat irons. I may try wearing my hair in twist outs or straight for a while and see how my hair does.

How do you normally wear your hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back