2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
14 weeks post. These weeks are going by fast, I might not relax at 16 weeks. I might wait till new years. It doesn't even look like I have that much ng now that I chopped off my relaxed ends.

My texlaxed hair is so soft but the knots, idk what to do.

If I'm not mistaken, that is your longest stretch ever...congrats!

sunnieb

I've resorted to wearing a baseball cap all weekend. This newgrowth is uber-thick!

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

freckledface

I relaxed doing 2strand twist. Took a long time to do it but so worth it. I had more than enought time to apply and smooth. Will always do my relaxed like this from now on.

sunnieb

baddison - I'm here doing the relaxer day countdown!

I'm glad I let you talk me into going 18 weeks. It was much easier than I ever would've thought!

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

KhandiB

So I made way more progress than I thought. pic on the left is from this summer, pic on the right from Sunday... I dont feel so bad now :lol: , I need to do something with those ends though... Loving

KhandiB

Thanks Loving and baddison !!
I really can do better with my ends, As long as I have been on this hair journey my hair should be sweeping the floor by now, :lol: Hope to be healthy full BSL by my bday 4/27!!

KaramelDiva1978

I am jealous y'all are relaxing this weekend! I'm on a 12 week stretch which is MAJOR for me. I am only into week 8 but I am determined to make my stretches and only texlax four times next year! I need to read through these pages for some support.

irisak how are you holding up lady? How many weeks this stretch?

sharifeh

i'm gonna go to the salon on thursday or friday, I just got my relaxer in the mail. But i don't think one box is enough :look: :lachen:

irisak

I am jealous y'all are relaxing this weekend! I'm on a 12 week stretch which is MAJOR for me. I am only into week 8 but I am determined to make my stretches and only texlax four times next year! I need to read through these pages for some support.

irisak how are you holding up lady? How many weeks this stretch?

Hey KaramelDiva1978. I'm how ever many weeks are in my siggy. I quit counting lol. I'm holding up pretty well this stretch and don't plan on relaxing until a week before my birthday (march 21). I have tree braids now but they're already slipping so I might need to find new stretch styles but I'm on a personal hide my hair 'til 30 challenge. I did a pull test and I'm grazing bsl in front which means I should be in the back too but my camera was acting up so I didn't take pics. I think my hair journey is going pretty well so far.

12 weeks is a big one for you. Good luck.....I bet that stinky sulfur is helping but I just can't lol.
Oan, I've been working since Halloween at a really good job so if I just get my love life together and lose these 30lbs then life would be grand lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

KaramelDiva1978

Hey KaramelDiva1978. I'm how ever many weeks are in my siggy. I quit counting lol. I'm holding up pretty well this stretch and don't plan on relaxing until a week before my birthday (march 21). I have tree braids now but they're already slipping so I might need to find new stretch styles but I'm on a personal hide my hair 'til 30 challenge. I did a pull test and I'm grazing bsl in front which means I should be in the back too but my camera was acting up so I didn't take pics. I think my hair journey is going pretty well so far.

12 weeks is a big one for you. Good luck.....I bet that stinky sulfur is helping but I just can't lol.
Oan, I've been working since Halloween at a really good job so if I just get my love life together and lose these 30lbs then life would be grand lol.

Yyyyyaaaaayyyyy I'm happy for you!! Its sounds like are really going great since your move. I'm really wanting to move to Austin or Dallas. They are both weighing heavily on the brain. I will be 35 January 5th, do you know how hard it is to bypass that Saturday without a relaxer??? LOL. Jesus be a stretching style!! Its just two weeks later. I'm with you on the love life. Promised myself a year after divorce which will be June. I'm chill for now because I needed the "me" time. By June I'll be ready all the way around. You should join the hair and fitness 2013 challenge. We'll encourage each other to be fit! Come on girlie!

irisak

Yyyyyaaaaayyyyy I'm happy for you!! Its sounds like are really going great since your move. I'm really wanting to move to Austin or Dallas. They are both weighing heavily on the brain. I will be 35 January 5th, do you know how hard it is to bypass that Saturday without a relaxer??? LOL. Jesus be a stretching style!! Its just two weeks later. I'm with you on the love life. Promised myself a year after divorce which will be June. I'm chill for now because I needed the "me" time. By June I'll be ready all the way around. You should join the hair and fitness 2013 challenge. We'll encourage each other to be fit! Come on girlie!

KaramelDiva1978 now that's a challenge I'm down for lol. I just have to find it.

sharifeh

sunnieb

phytorelaxer index 2
it's no lye though and i usually use lye so I'm still on the fence about using it. I've used it once before and got great results but the price of it always gets me.

I still don't have one relaxer that I use all the time. :blush:

sunnieb

baddison - feel better soon! Can't wait until your reveal! I'm going to go 18 weeks again. That'll put me at April 26 for my next relaxer. Thanks for helping me reach my goal of relaxing 3x a year!

Nix08 - have you relaxed yet?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
sunnieb time to buddy up I'm freshly relaxed. ... I highly doubt that I'll be going 18 weeks but stranger things have happened:yep: I was struggling with my relaxer taking but I've figured out the problem...too much protein on my ng. So maybe just maybe I will go the distance:grin:

sunnieb

Nix08 - Funny thing is, I don't do protein like I used to. Maybe that is helping me with the long stretches. I only do like 1 protein treatment a month now. Used to do them weekly. Hmmmmm.....:scratchch

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
sunnieb. ..I use only mild proteins but I was finding that I was increasingly coming out under processed. .. this go around I avoided protein on my ng the week before my relaxer. And steamed 3 times in a row the weekend prior.

sunnieb

Nix08 - I used mild protein as well (Motions CPR). I'm just not having as much breakage as I used to, so I scaled back using it.

How you lovin' feeling your scalp? I've been swooping and swangin' my hair all day! :yep:

baddison

natural for good
@baddison - feel better soon! Can't wait until your reveal! I'm going to go 18 weeks again. That'll put me at April 26 for my next relaxer. Thanks for helping me reach my goal of relaxing 3x a year!

@Nix08 - have you relaxed yet?

sunnieb - Yup!! next relaxer is April 2013!! 3x's a year is all we need for really healty thick relaxed hair. Can't wait to take pics to show you all. right now, I can't even stand up without a cane....so, I gotta wait a li'l bit. But I am satisfied with my progress, and I am shooting for FULL BSL this same exact time next year! woot! woot!!:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.