2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaria211

lamaria211 I am not sure, I am becoming an expert at stretching I may try for longer. Until the week before my anniversary in August!!! That would be 9 months post, don't know what the summer would be like for me but I may try.

But all in all
We did it!!!!! :dance7:

I could go longer as well. I just miss my hair. But If your really going to go for 9 months let me no, because I'll ride it out with you

naija24

Finally got a good touchup yesterday. I think I'll stick to this stylist as long as I'm in the area. She's great.

I'm in a really awkward hair phase though, I think I'm growing a mullet o_O without realizing it. The back is growing out nicely but the sides and crown are still really short. My nape is about 1/3 of my neck right now. Its' looking weird. I'd cut it to look more....less mullet but I'm almost phobic of haircuts now.

Suggestions?

Babygrowth

Hey buddies! Y'all know who y'all are lol! How's it going? I had some breakage at the demarcation line trying to skip steps and I will never do it again. My NG is sooo thick and I love how it feels. I hate that in some places I feel this thick coily NG and two thin strands attached to it from the breakage! I should know better! Anywho, I've decided to push my relaxer to May 23 so I can cut it in accordance to the lunar calendar for length... that will make me ~23wks post... I plan to trim .25-.5in but with Njoy oil I will have it back by the next month...
Kim0105 Angelinhell MissyB sckri23

Kim0105

Hey buddies! Y'all know who y'all are lol! How's it going? I had some breakage at the demarcation line trying to skip steps and I will never do it again. My NG is sooo thick and I love how it feels. I hate that in some places I feel this thick coily NG and two thin strands attached to it from the breakage! I should know better! Anywho, I've decided to push my relaxer to May 23 so I can cut it in accordance to the lunar calendar for length... that will make me ~23wks post... I plan to trim .25-.5in but with Njoy oil I will have it back by the next month...
Kim0105 Angelinhell MissyB sckri23

Hey Babygrowth, I'm under the dryer at the moment with CPR on my hair. Doing a protein treatment in preparation for my relaxer next Thursday. There are days I am conflicted about if I should push for July (6mth stretch) but I am also so ready to have flowing hair. I have about 3.5-4 inches of newgrowth and it is thick up in there. Hoping Wen Fig come through for me again with detangling.
I hear ya on NJoy's oil, I really love how it moisturizes my newgrowth. Will be sticking with it too. The countdown app on my phone says '7 days until relaxer touch up'. I can't wait.

SunySydeofLyfe

I could go longer as well. I just miss my hair. But If your really going to go for 9 months let me no, because I'll ride it out with you

I do too...the waves are nice though just can't make up a style. Lets ride and see how far we can go. I'm not for sure but its worth a try. Let me know how your feeling next week.

Suny

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Who's in our group going 18-20 weeks (and currently about 1 week post)? @sunnieb, @baddison, @DominicanBrazilian82, @divachyk (you're our buddy:grin:)

Oh and can I say....I don't know why I want wl and beyond hair....I've worn my hair down for a few days and talk about annoying...put it in a hat yesterday and I'm rocking a pony tail today:spinning:

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good
Who's in our group going 18-20 weeks (and currently about 1 week post)? @sunnieb, @baddison, @DominicanBrazilian82, @divachyk (you're our buddy:grin:)

Oh and can I say....I don't know why I want wl and beyond hair....I've worn my hair down for a few days and talk about annoying...put it in a hat yesterday and I'm rocking a pony tail today:spinning:

HEY! Nix08 - yup, the gang's all here!! LOL:grin::grin: 18 - 20 weeks it is! I am quite pleased with the progress of my hair journey so far, and am looking forward to this next stretch. so, I'm checking in!

sunnieb Cherry89 DominicanBrazilian82 :)welcome: buddy!!) divachyk (once a buddy - then a buddy for life..LOL).....ROLL CALL

Kim0105

Babygrowth, I am thinking of stretching until the end of the year and decide about touching up then. Started thinking about it this week. Gonna keep using NJoy's oil and see how much growth I can get.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Who is not relaxing until at least August. I need motivation to go 4 months into a stretch.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I can't say that I have a good handle on what my hair is doing right now. I'm not losing hair, it doesn't appear to be breaking, I'm keeping up my regi and DC-ing with every cleanse. My scalp was really, really itchy last week and I had to go back to my old friend, PM Tea Tree to relieve the itchiness. I don't like to wear it straight because of my raggedy-a$$ed hemline. My hair does not like bunning no matter how hard I try. I have been doing twist outs like forever and my hair appears to like that. I know it's growing I'm just not seeing the results I want. Oh well...enough of that whining! I'm going to try to stretch until July 31, 16 weeks. Maybe the longer stretch will help me see more length. Sorry about the long rant.

xu93texas

I can't say that I have a good handle on what my hair is doing right now. I'm not losing hair, it doesn't appear to be breaking, I'm keeping up my regi and DC-ing with every cleanse. My scalp was really, really itchy last week and I had to go back to my old friend, PM Tea Tree to relieve the itchiness. I don't like to wear it straight because of my raggedy-a$$ed hemline. My hair does not like bunning no matter how hard I try. I have been doing twist outs like forever and my hair appears to like that. I know it's growing I'm just not seeing the results I want. Oh well...enough of that whining! I'm going to try to stretch until July 31, 16 weeks. Maybe the longer stretch will help me see more length. Sorry about the long rant.

I hope your hair gets back on track real soon! Have you changed anything in your regimen? Can your hair take rollersetting? Do you use growth aids or take biotin/msm/hair vitamins? I hope your hair retains length at your next relaxer.:grin:

I'm getting ready to relax next Friday @ 14 weeks post. My next relaxer will be in August. I would like to stretch another 13-14 weeks.
Btw, I like how that PM Tea Tree feels on the scalp. :yep:

xu93texas

Saludable84,
I'm getting ready to relax my hair next Friday, May 10. I'm planning my next relaxer for August, not sure of the date. We can buddy if you want. I have other buddies as well, but I'm about 3-4 weeks behind them now since I stretched longer.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I hope your hair gets back on track real soon! Have you changed anything in your regimen? Can your hair take rollersetting? Do you use growth aids or take biotin/msm/hair vitamins? I hope your hair retains length at your next relaxer.:grin:

I'm getting ready to relax next Friday @ 14 weeks post. My next relaxer will be in August. I would like to stretch another 13-14 weeks.
Btw, I like how that PM Tea Tree feels on the scalp. :yep:

I think what is happening is that the demarcation point from my first Texlax attempt last spring combined with the setback from the relaxer just prior to that is now most of the way down my strands. I can really see the difference and it ain't pretty. Can't do rollers and I don't take any vitamins, probably should. I can hide the crazy ends with twist outs but what I really need is to get rid of about 3 inches of bone-straight ends. I really want to wait so that I can keep my options (length) but I'm not sure if I can hold out through boot camp. Are u a SR? Good luck with your upcoming touch-up.

Babygrowth

Hey Babygrowth, I am gonna make this a six month stretch and relax July 4th when I'm on break from classes. I'll see what kind of growth I get until then. Hoping for 2 more inches of newgrowth.

Girl you will probably be at APL! Its definitly May 23rd for me that's my 23ish weeks! What made you change your mind? I'm thinking that this next stretch will be to the end of the year... I'm not sure yet...

sunnieb

Nix08 baddison DominicanBrazilian82 Cherry89 divachyk

Yay! We got a new buddy to the group! I'm enjoying my hair and the length so much! I actually got back to BSL, but trimmed my ends so I'm juuuuuust a hair shy of BSL. I feel confident that Iwill get to MBL by December thanks to you ladies.

I've been out all weekend, but I'll post more updates and pics later.

Ms. Tiki

I haven't been in here for a min. I'm 3 weeks and 5 days post. I texlaxed at 23 weeks. I'm doing it again on or about June 18th

Kim0105

Girl you will probably be at APL! Its definitly May 23rd for me that's my 23ish weeks! What made you change your mind? I'm thinking that this next stretch will be to the end of the year... I'm not sure yet...

I am hoping for APL in July. I figured it would be good to schedule my relaxers for when I am off from classes. I am trying to take 3 exams by the end of June and want to get them out of the way before touch up. I nixed the end of year idea because if I keep growing at this rate (which I will thanks to my stash of products :grin:) I will not be able to handle that much growth. Looks like it will be 2 times per year for me. My dream goal is to be grazing waist length by the end of next year.

xu93texas

I think what is happening is that the demarcation point from my first Texlax attempt last spring combined with the setback from the relaxer just prior to that is now most of the way down my strands. I can really see the difference and it ain't pretty. Can't do rollers and I don't take any vitamins, probably should. I can hide the crazy ends with twist outs but what I really need is to get rid of about 3 inches of bone-straight ends. I really want to wait so that I can keep my options (length) but I'm not sure if I can hold out through boot camp. Are u a SR? Good luck with your upcoming touch-up.

I'm not a SR. I've been thinking about it, but I don't trust myself with chemicals.

Does your hair like protein? Maybe a treatment with a heavy protein will help? I used Affirm 5 n 1 treatment last night and it really did help my hair. Maybe you can trim 1/2-1 inch off with each relaxer while you get your hair back on track. Just a thought.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm not a SR. I've been thinking about it, but I don't trust myself with chemicals.

Does your hair like protein? Maybe a treatment with a heavy protein will help? I used Affirm 5 n 1 treatment last night and it really did help my hair. Maybe you can trim 1/2-1 inch off with each relaxer while you get your hair back on track. Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not really sure that my hair is off track, at least not my 2012-13 hair. My problem is my pre-2012 hair. I had a major setback in the spring of 2012 and I began my Texlax adventure on my next touch up following that setback so I have two distinct textures with a fair amount of length of each. I'm a SR but I can't trim worth a d@mn. I signed up for the first two sessions of boot camp and I can't get a real trim which is what I need.

Babygrowth

I am hoping for APL in July. I figured it would be good to schedule my relaxers for when I am off from classes. I am trying to take 3 exams by the end of June and want to get them out of the way before touch up. I nixed the end of year idea because if I keep growing at this rate (which I will thanks to my stash of products :grin:) I will not be able to handle that much growth. Looks like it will be 2 times per year for me. My dream goal is to be grazing waist length by the end of next year.

Yeah, you do have a phenomenal growth rate! Lol! I think your goals are all very possible! Ain't nobody got time to be stressing over hair and exams at the same time!!! I'm a slow grower so I know I will get there eventually! What else you got going on over there for growth besides Njoy oil? I may need to add a supplement with my prenatal vitamin... 2x a year is great! For me it will be 3x year. After 20 wks my hair really gets on my nerves! Lol!

Altruisticoam

shortdub78 Cattypus1 xu93texas yoli184 KiWiStyle

Hey ladies I just washed my hair today and I'm really pleased. I thing the summer is going to be my season for growth :)

I was in a rush today but I think I like what I did for the most part. In started by applying a mix of mega silk conditioner and coconut, castor and olive oil to my hair relaxer style. I let that sit for 30 min then rinsed shampooed and followed with ion keratin conditioner. Then after I rinsed that out I applied my cantu Shea butter leave in and sealed with coconut oil. Air dried for about an hour then did some Bantu knots that ill sleep in.

No combing or brushing at all only used my fingers and I'm pleased to say I didn't lose much hair :)

This is my first time using mega silk mayo conditioner and my hair loved it.

Have you ladies had any success stories lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.