2015 Use Up The Stash Challenge: Session 3

Dayjoy

Old School Member
We used up:
*1 Phyto Phytokeratine Repairing Serum (staple with 3 left)
*Pantene Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing con deluxe sample (was actually really nice. If still available in the distant future after I've gone through all of my rinse out cons, would consider a repurchase)

ETA: I think I want to buy that SM Noni shampoo to use when we straighten our hair and shop for our next protein con since the Joico should be gone soon. I think it will be the Ion Reconstructor from Sally. These will be my first purchases this session.

ETA: Nevermind about that SM poo. The reviews were too mixed to me to be experimenting.

Last edited:

nmartin20

You should try to contact the company first if they have one of those toll free numbers on the label. As in cases involving companies that sell food, they may be willing to replace the products for free. Just saying....They might even throw in a few discounted coupons for the inconvenience.:yep:

Thank you for your suggestion. I will give them a call.

oneastrocurlie

I got my onyx box yesterday and it included a full size of creme of nature butter-licious curls. I don't have high hopes for it but I'll at least try it. Also got some other samples.

faithVA

Not closed to using anything up but I'm trying to knock out the Naturelle Grow leave-in and the small jar of the MHC Type 4 hair cream.

Last night I mixed up some more of my oil blend so was able to consolidate some bottles.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
USE UP YOUR STASH Random Thought: I get a kicky little thrill going through my stash and pulling out products to be "on deck" for items about to run out (or even not quite about to run out). :look:

CodeRed

USE UP YOUR STASH Random Thought: I get a kicky little thrill going through my stash and pulling out products to be "on deck" for items about to run out (or even not quite about to run out). :look:

I thought I was the only one who did this. I swear I line things up and plan what I'm going to be able to use before May 1st the start switching things out and making alternate plans. I get way too excited about checking things off :lol:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I thought I was the only one who did this. I swear I line things up and plan what I'm going to be able to use before May 1st the start switching things out and making alternate plans. I get way too excited about checking things off :lol:

ME TOO !!! :lol:

xu93texas

I do this as well. I have about 8-9 items I want to use before the Mother's Day sales. I finally know what products are staple items for me and dd.

krissyhair

I have only been able to maintain stash so far. I went out of town this weekend and got Shea Moisture coconut and hibiscus conditioner because I wanted to wear a wash and go, but ran out.

So far in this challenge I've used 3 and bought three.

CodeRed

I have only been able to maintain stash so far. I went out of town this weekend and got Shea Moisture coconut and hibiscus conditioner because I wanted to wear a wash and go, but ran out.

So far in this challenge I've used 3 and bought three.

Well, breaking even is not a bad thing necessarily. At least you didn't make it grow . You still have til May 1st :yep:

NaturallyATLPCH

I will be purchasing about 4 leave in sprays because I'm almost out of the one I have.

I am working on a couple of conditioners I'm using as prepoos.

CodeRed

On Sunday I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some flaxseed oil from Walmart and two of those new conditioners from the Dollar Tree for my March purchase. The flaxseed will be for my body also so it's not really only hair care... I'm going to try this VO5 Raspberry conditioner this week so I might purchase some of that too. Can all that count as 1 purchase :lol:

So I went to the Dollar Tree this morning to get dish washing gloves :look: and I got the two new conditioners (Spa Haus Hydrating Argan Oil & Cocoa Butter Conditioner, Spa Haus Moisturizing Teatree Mint Conditioner) and that's my purchase for March. The cocoa butter one actually has shea as an ingredient, not cocoa... Anyway, not going to get the raspberry conditioners because I've already tried it and liked it... I know where to get them in the future.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I have enough oils designated for hair that I really like, so I'm moving grapeseed oil out of haircare and into skincare. I've been using it to remove mascara at night.

oneastrocurlie

I have enough oils designated for hair that I really like, so I'm moving grapeseed oil out of haircare and into skincare. I've been using it to remove mascara at night.

I like using grapeseed oil on my face at night. It's good stuff.

BTW... I'll probably be buying something when APB opens Monday. Maybe. Perhaps I'll talk myself out of it lol.

Beany

Used up bear fruit marshmallow cotton cleansing conditioner. Will not repurchase. The product is good, the bottle is another story.

CodeRed

Used up bear fruit marshmallow cotton cleansing conditioner. Will not repurchase. The product is good, the bottle is another story.

I really hate when that happens. I've bought a few products that came in mentally challenging bottles and as a fairly intelligent person I was stupefied as to how a bottle could be so poorly engineered that its consumer couldn't even get the product out. You have to cut the bottle open... I was like... do you not want me to ever use your products again? Put that junk in a jar :perplexed

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I went to an Uncle Funky's Daughter event and got some free products and bought some. I'll be updating my stash. I don't use things up very quickly right now because I either braid my hair or bun it for as week at a time

faithVA

:lol: I do the same. I write list of combinations and plan my next wash day days in advance. Then I go into my cabinet and move stuff around. That's all I'm confessing to.

faithVA

Used up the beautiful curls gel. Switch to the modified mhm so using gel but no conditioner.

Bought some more clay.

Not sure if I will be using up anything soon.

xu93texas

I threw away a jar of Peppermint Pomade. I'd mixed it with MN and it hasn't done a thing. No need to continue on that bandwagon.

oneastrocurlie

I like using grapeseed oil on my face at night. It's good stuff.

BTW... I'll probably be buying something when APB opens Monday. Maybe. Perhaps I'll talk myself out of it lol.

So I tallied up my PayPal Pay After Delivery purchases I've made (I've been fabric hoarding smh) and I wont be buying a single thing from the APB sale... Or anymore fabric!

CodeRed

Gave the salon the rest of my relaxer tubs/activator and they gave me a discount :). I'm fine now that I know how to do my hair when I want... I like the pampering of going to the salon and having someone else do it... it's relaxing :) Plus, I believe those tubs were going to expire before I got to use them so they'll be used much quicker there than in my house.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Gave the salon the rest of my relaxer tubs/activator and they gave me a discount :). I'm fine now that I know how to do my hair when I want... I like the pampering of going to the salon and having someone else do it... it's relaxing :) Plus, I believe those tubs were going to expire before I got to use them so they'll be used much quicker there than in my house.

What a GREAT idea!