2016 Manetabolism Vitamin Challenge

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
If you're using the Manetabolism vitamins by The Mane Choice join me as we try to reach our goals of longer, thicker and healthier hair!

Of course, you don't have to commit to using the vitamins for an entire year :)

I'm not a pro at starting challenges so if you would like to join just share the following information. Update the challenge whenever you finish a bottle, take out for protective style, get a fresh relaxer, etc :)

1.) Your current length and the length you hope the vitamins will help you achieve
2.) Any of vitamins or supplements you're using for the health of you hair
3.) How long you intend to take the vitamins for
4.) Any advice for curtailing breakouts for those who are acne prone.

Post a starting pic if you can

As the founder Courtney says, LET'S GROW!

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
1.) I'm currently at about middle back length and I'm hoping to make it to waist length by the end of 2016
2.) In addition to Manetabolism I take MSM and garlic pills to combat shedding. I also take zinc because I read on here that it helps stop breakouts
3.) I will be taking the vitamins for the whole year
4.) As mentioned above I started taking zinc when I first started these vitamins so I haven't experienced many breakouts.

Starting pic coming soon because I'm currently in beehive braids for my wig protective style.

Rozlewis

I think I was in the old challenge but did not post often. I want to join he 2016 challenge since I have an 8 month supply.

1.) Current length is grazing BSL. I hope to achieve full BSL.
2.) In addition to Mantabolism I take garlic pills
3.) I will take vitamins for the whole year.
4.) N/A

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I have a four month supply of the new formula. I used the old formula for about three months in Spring 2014 w/nice results of about 1/2" per month. Been taking these new ones about two weeks now.

1.) Your current length and the length you hope the vitamins will help you achieve: BSB. Want help to reach MBL by Summer 2016. I just need about three inches to get there.
2.) Any of vitamins or supplements you're using for the health of you hair: multi vitamin
3.) How long you intend to take the vitamins for: 4 - 6 months...maybe more if I see results.
4.) Any advice for curtailing breakouts for those who are acne prone: Not sure. Not acne prone and I hope these vitamins don't give me any.

Post a starting pic if you can
LC OCt 2015.jpg

AgeinATL

1.) Your current length and the length you hope the vitamins will help you achieve.
I am currently between BSL and MBL and looking to reach full WL by end of Summer 2016. I need about 4-5 inches.
2.) Any of vitamins or supplements you're using for the health of you hair.
I also take fish oil supplements rich in omega 3,6, and 9.
3.) How long you intend to take the vitamins for.
6 months. Already been on them for a month.
I haven't had issues because I drink LOTS of water.
5.) Will post later.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
I'm in!

I am one inch of hair throughout
hoping to be NL by end 2016

I'm taking 5mg Biotin with my Manetabolism

Other than drinking lots of water there's nothing i'm taking really to combat breakouts (not prone)

Will be taking the vitamins for 12 months!

sgold04

1) Current length is around Waist Length, I'll measure for sure when I straighten soon.
2) Nothing else for now, I've been lazy
3) I have two bottles left so two months. I may order another 4 month supply, I'm going to trim more often next year so I want maximum growth to balance it out
4) lots of water
5) I've been having difficulty posting, but hopefully I can when I straighten

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I have about a week left of my first bottle. I think I'm experiencing increased shedding, which I don't like. I'm going to get some B-complex and start taking that as well. If I don't see reduced shedding and some growth by the end of the second bottle...IDK...

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
That's interesting. I'm taking Gaelic pills and a high dose of msm to help with my shedding. Does b complex help with this too? Manetabolism gives me growth but no thickness

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^^The old formula gave me growth, but no thickness, but I never noticed extra shedding. Did it have the same amount of biotin?

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
^^^The old formula gave me growth, but no thickness, but I never noticed extra shedding. Did it have the same amount of biotin?

yeah both formulas have the same amount of vitamins. the new formula just has more vitamins. I have 7 bottles of the old formula left before i switch to the new one :-( hopefully those of all with the new formula get thicker hair..that's what i really want.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
yeah both formulas have the same amount of vitamins. the new formula just has more vitamins. I have 7 bottles of the old formula left before i switch to the new one :-( hopefully those of all with the new formula get thicker hair..that's what i really want.
Hmmm, I didn't get shedding with the old formula. If it has the same amount of biotin, that may not be the cause....

YesToHair!

3 days' worth of pills left in the 2nd bottle.Started bottle 1 just post BC at half an inch, did a pull LC( cause i'm inpatient:blush:) today and i'm at 1 1/2 in so looks like i'm getting half an inch per bottle. Thickness much more pronounced than the length, glad about that!

@Froreal3 , havn't noticed any extra shedding...

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
This report is anecdotal. Please do not spend your xmas bonus based on my account. I have been taking the pills for almost 3 weeks. I am not looking for any growth at this time. My hair is braided up, and i dont think much about it. Really just anticipating when i remove them entirely so I can assess properly. I have been taking the pills twice a day per the directions.

I just finished washing the makeup off my face. I then wiped the damp cloth around my face near my hairline and was suddenly taken aback. I have baby hair. I HAVE ALL TYPES OF BABY HAIR! All around the hair line. Ive only had baby hair around the temple area before and that was kind of sketchy. Now prominent hair all around the perimeter. A very striking difference. Cant wait to redo my braids around the front and back in a couple of weeks.

clairdelune

1.)Your current length and the length you hope the vitamins will help you achieve?
I am now at 11 inches all around. At the end of 2016, I hope to gain at least 6-8 inches.

2.) Any of vitamins or supplements you're using for the health of you hair?
I am using manetabolism, zinc and a multivitamin

3.) How long you intend to take the vitamins for?
I am finishing my last bottle now. I will buy a 6 month supply in January.

I can only take 1 pill a day. If I take 2 with zinc, I don't get the breakouts though. But I usually forget to take the zinc.

YesToHair!

I'm very weary of not taking/doing things as adviced by the manufactures so i take two...how about if you put your Zinc bottle right next to the manetabolism one? That way whenever you reach out for the mane you will also see and remember the Zn
Anyone else only take 1 pill a day and get good results??
G

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Anyone else only take 1 pill a day and get good results??

I had a sew in back in September that I really wanted to last a good three months. I took one a day for about a month because I knew would have way too much new growth under the sew in taking two. i didn't have any noticeable growth like I would've taking two. I think the second vitamin is what gives the boost

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Happy New Year! I'm claiming longer, thicker, healthier hair in 2016! And I'm specifically claiming waist length hair by the end of the year.

Took my vitamins for the day.

Wik3ddd_Fr3shh

Hello all, I'm gonna join this challenge
1. I'm currently about shoulder length when stretched and I would like to be apl or possibly bsl by the end of the year.

2. Other than a multivitamin for general health I'll only be taking manetabolism

3. I'm going to try to be consistent for at least 6 months to a year

4. I have no advice

And I'll upload a starting pic soon. I fell off my hair journey a while ago and went natural in October so I'm really starting fresh hopefully I can get someone to take a pic if not I'll try myself

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Finished my first bottle of the plus. No acne, but I'm also not acne prone either. Haven't been drinking extra water. I started taking extra B-complex with these just in case it helps with any shedding. I have about 11" of hair in most places and 12" on the right quarter of my head. I started off with 10" after a flat iron and trim in mid October.

Will start my 2nd bottle tomorrow and update after I'm done with it.

pattyr5

Can I join in? I'm taking the gummy Manetabolism Kids and I have notice my nails growing so I'd like to really see how it works with my hair.

Currently my hair is grazing BSL and I want to get to WL
I will take the Manetabolism for the rest of the year, plus garlic pills
The gummy vitamins do not affect my skin at all. I consistently drink a minimum of 62 oz of water per day.