2017 Use Up The Stash Challenge

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I did a bad thing. I bought 5 Eco Styler gels to figure out which one I like better. I also bought a beeswax cream, and 4 Herbal Essence Conditioners. I'm likely giving some of this stuff away to my sister.

Which 4 did you get? I like Herbal Essences for co washing. I like the Hello Hydration, Long Term Relationship, and Totally Twisted. I have a few more I'm trying this year to see what I absolutely love.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Which 4 did you get? I like Herbal Essences for co washing. I like the Hello Hydration, Long Term Relationship, and Totally Twisted. I have a few more I'm trying this year to see what I absolutely love.
The new Wild Naturals line. I bought one of the lemon basil and 3 of the moisturizing one (fig?). They are good, but I think I still love LTR best, and TT second best.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I finished up a bottle of Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin the other day.

Today I picked up 2 bottles of Herbal Essences Unbreakable Seductions conditioner. I found them at Big Lots. I hope they keep them in stock so I can go back when I get through more of my stash.

trclemons

The Bath & Bloom Nourishing Scrub is not grainy enough to use as a scalp scrub, so I'm taking it out of the hair stash and will use it as a body scrub instead.

Sprouted Curlies & Blue Roze is trying to allure me with their sales, but so far, I have run from the urge by coming to this thread and looking at my looooong list of items I need to get rid of. :cowgirl:

faithVA

I purchased the Mane Choice Shampoo. It is gentler than both the Creme of Nature and the TGIN. I will start doing my first wash with the Creme of Nature or TGIN and do the second wash with the Mane Choice until I use up the first two.
t
I bought this cheap gel from Kroger. I have been using that on my flat twist. I've finished about 2/3 of the jar. I will finish it off in April. When the weather warms up I will try some WNGs with the other gels I have.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I returned a good chunk of the Mielle Organics already. The cowash didn't cleanse, and the white peony leave in was meh.

I also returned a Carols daughter shampoo and and and jai twisting butter, but I used the money to get a Mielle Organics oil and edge control (I need serious help for my addiction)

Dayjoy

Old School Member
We used up:

Trader Joe's Nourish Spa con
Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture and Shine poo
Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Blossom Moisture Mist
Carol's Daughter Nourishing Liquid Pomade X2
Garnier Sleek and Shine Intensely Smooth Leave In Conditioning Cream

I have one more CD Liquid Pomade and bought Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Hair Treatment to replace it when it's gone. I also bought a one time use packet of Ion Absolute Perfection Step 1 and a one time use tiny bottle of Step 2. I plan on using it on DD and if it's all it's cracked up to be I'll buy another set to use on myself.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
x
I returned a good chunk of the Mielle Organics already. The cowash didn't cleanse, and the white peony leave in was meh.

I also returned a Carols daughter shampoo and and and jai twisting butter, but I used the money to get a Mielle Organics oil and edge control (I need serious help for my addiction)

I'm in the same boat as you! I think you're doing alright! :smile: You are aware and working on it!

It's almost time for me to join in (2nd quarter). I hope my strategy to trial for the 1st quarter of the year and refrain from trialing for the remaining three quarters works. I hope my current feelings of SATISFACTION in having trialed almost everything I really wanted to trial these last months is not a self-delusion and that it sticks and sticks!!!

There are, I believe, literally only two products left in all the brands I can think of that I have yet to trial that I want to trial: One of those SSI cleansing conditioners and the Amika DC that Naptural85 keeps talking about. I think I'd better just go ahead and get the former so that I can truly start of in April without having an itch for it. And I believe I can get a tiny packet of the Amika DC from Amazon.

I have been keeping track of my hair-related spending in my signature. It's now reached a number I don't like and the pace of which I don't feel comfortable maintaining. I don't FEEL like I'll have any problem only re-upping on highly effective products going forward. I am PRAYING this is the case. I'm going to try to replace my trialing focus with retention and styling focus.

trclemons

Eternally In Amber was giving away free .20 ounces. I don't have anything from that line, so I fell for the okie doke and ordered the styling butter, hair mist and oil.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Time to Update! Recently used up my As I Am Leave In Conditioner, 1 Aphogee 2 Step Treatment and the balancing conditioner

Shampoos:
1 Suave Natural
1 Shea Moisture JBCO
1 Nutrine Garlic

Conditioners:
1 Shea Moisture Yucca and Balboa Conditioners
0 Shea Moisture Yucca and Balboa Mask

1 Shea Moisture JBCO Conditioner
1 Shea Moisture JBCO mask
1 Nutrine Garlic
1 Hello Hydration
0 Suave
0 As I Am Detangling Leave in

Protein Treatments

1 Aphogee Two Step Treatment
1 Aphogee 2 Min Treatment
0 Aphogee Balancing Conditioner

Random Stuff
1 Nuetrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Creme
2 The Mane Choice It Doesn't Get Much Butter Than This
1 The Mane Choice Growth Oil
1 32oz Eco Styler Gel
1 Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray
1 Garnier Fructis Intensely Smooth Cream
1 Broner Brothers Pump It Up Hair Spritz
1 Curls Botanical Gel
1 Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum
1 Fantansia Heat Protectant Serum
1 Infusium 23 Repair and Renew Liquid Leave In

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Finished up KBB Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream and am using right now the Ion Absolute Perfection steps 1 and 2.

ETA: DD is almost out of her Garnier Sleek and Shine Intensely Smooth Leave In so I bought her a two pack.

Last edited:

faithVA

I'm almost finished with this cheap gel. I was ready to throw away the jar but then I decided to keep it to use on the ends of my two strand twists. For a $3 gel it really isn't that bad. Once I finish some of my other gels I may revisit it.

Sally's keeps sending me these 20% off coupons and I can't pass them up. So I bought the Mane Choice 3 in 1 Cowash/Leave-in/Detangler. I also bought the spritz. I'm not sure what it is called. And I bought an ION Semi-permanent color. It used to be a liquid color but now they are doing the semi-permanent in a creme. It this creme works then I will use up the rest of my color and the generic Nexxus Hummectress conditioner and start using the creme.

I did use up 3 samples. One was the Black Castor Oil Cowash and 2 Black Castor Oil Leave-Ins. They were OK. It wouldn't be something I would buy.

I don't think I will be using up much of anything until May.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Just since last night DD finished up the Garnier S&S L/I and a CD Nourishing Liquid Hair Balm. We also finished up Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother--which just may be a HG repurchase after I'm done with my 3 KBB Sweet Ambrosia l/i's.

Last edited: