2022 - SL/APL Challenge

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Have been in braid extensions since 8/18. I've been washing once a week. Alternate applying a spray leave-in and an oil every day (i.e. last night I did the spray leave-in and tonight I will use oil). Doing both every day will cause excess build up but going too many days with nothing on my hair will cause it to dry out.

Plan is to keep these in until end of September.

sunnieb

Hi ladies! Don't think I've said it in this thread, but I'm divorcing my husband. It's a GREAT thing! No sadness over here. He is an abusive jerk I should've left years ago. Ok, now on with the hair pics! :)

I've found my hair really coming back full force thus year. I'm comfortable wearing it down every so often and it just feels better. I found a pic from December 2021 a few days before relaxing at 8 weeks post. I'm relaxing tomorrow at 8 weeks post and I can definitely see the improvement! Not sure if I'll make APL by December, but I'll be close! Like we say all the time around here, pictures tell the true progress - even when we feel like we're not improving.

December 2021 (8 weeks post)
20201230_221345_resized(1).jpg

September 2022 (8 weeks post)
20220914_231428.jpg

faithVA

Hi ladies! Don't think I've said it in this thread, but I'm divorcing my husband. It's a GREAT thing! No sadness over here. He is an abusive jerk I should've left years ago. Ok, now on with the hair pics! :)

I've found my hair really coming back full force thus year. I'm comfortable wearing it down every so often and it just feels better. I found a pic from December 2021 a few days before relaxing at 8 weeks post. I'm relaxing tomorrow at 8 weeks post and I can definitely see the improvement! Not sure if I'll make APL by December, but I'll be close! Like we say all the time around here, pictures tell the true progress - even when we feel like we're not improving.

December 2021 (8 weeks post)
View attachment 482999

September 2022 (8 weeks post)
View attachment 482997
Wishing you much peace and happiness with your new phase of life.

Now onto the hair. You have made great progress and it isn't even the end of the year yet. Your hair looks so much healthier and definitely much longer. So glad you decided to share your pics. Looking forward to year end pics :yep:

faithVA

I finally shampooed and conditioned my hair. I did put anything else on it. I just put it in bantu knots to get it dry for tomorrow. My plan is to not procrastinate but to color my hair right after I eat breakfast. That is the plan anyway.

I will probably do a curly set because I seem to have the best sets right after I color. I haven't worn it curly since June, so it will be interesting to see if my set hangs a little bit more than before.

faithVA

Length check!! I had to cut off about 2 inches or so of "lead" hairs to make it look semi-even. I'm hoping that I'll get those 2 in back by the end of the year!

View attachment 483145

View attachment 483143
Looks really good. I love the gray streaks around the face.

Jealous of you fast growers :lol: But looking forward to seeing your December results.

Last edited:

sweetiep

Hi all,

I’ve been following you all from the sidelines but wanted to give an update. I relaxed on 9/10 and then did Henna and Indigo 3 days ago for all this gray, sigh… Anyway, the picture in the robe was from February and the other 2 are today before and after I trimmed. You really can’t tell the length of my hair in the robe. I didn’t do the best trim either but will trim again after my next relaxer in about 10 weeks.

Attachments

• 13C04688-C46C-4856-8BCC-B6308AB6BEF3.jpeg
    13C04688-C46C-4856-8BCC-B6308AB6BEF3.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 24
  • BD733E36-A1BB-4CCF-AF20-FEB6E34FA8C9.jpeg
    BD733E36-A1BB-4CCF-AF20-FEB6E34FA8C9.jpeg
    751.9 KB · Views: 27
  • EFE1DCDE-E825-4301-A2FB-05337C1D6120.jpeg
    EFE1DCDE-E825-4301-A2FB-05337C1D6120.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 25