3 Mth Vit Challenge: LAST CHECK-IN !!

Peachtree

:bouncy: :clap: This is it Ladies... Our final check in :clap: :bouncy:

Please share how ur vit regimens are going
&
if u plan to continue ur vit regimens

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply stated, my regimen is still going STRONG!!! When my hair is wet, I can DEFINITELY see & feel the difference (more growth). Taking the few seconds out of my day to take my vits was wwwwwell worth it :up:

((( I did say "simply stated" right? This is turning into a book :lol: )))

YES, YES, YES, I plan to continue my vit regimen. I've already planned my vit regimen for the next 3 mths.... and 3 mths after that. 2005 is gonna be my vit / healthier me year :clap: .... so far, I've been carrying along VERY WELL :cool:

L

LaNecia

The vitamin regimen has been going very well! Had a few slip ups where I forgot them at home but for the most part, this has been a very successful challenge! :bouncy:

Planning to carry on, making a few modifications along the way.

oglorious1

Mixologist
Still going strong, I just had to stop taking my multi herb and multi fiber, because I was taking antibiotics...but I'm still doing it, won't know any results until I take my hair down sometime in the coming week and a half..

msmerc

I plan to stick with the vitamin regimine, except for the Biotin. I was having too many breakouts. My growth rate is the same but my new growth is growing in a looser wave pattern. Must be the MSM.

lveurslf

Everything is good. I plan to keep up my regimen until I see the results I'm looking for. So far my new growth looks thick and healthy :) I'm happy.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Well ladies this is the home stretch! I have noticed a difference in curl pattern of my newgrowth has changed. It's more coily. I plan on continuing my vitamin regimne with some minor changes :D . I just ordered some more vitamins actually a couple of days ago from Puritan's Pride online. They are having a buy 1 get 2 free sale!!:woot:
I stocked up on: Biotin 5000mcg, MSM 500mcg (makes me break out if higher dosage), B-100's, Chewable Protein tablets

I plan on puchasing L-cystine and GNC hairnourisher when my pockets are fuller with some cash :lol: .

Last edited:

Victorian

old head
I've been doing well and have recently added extra biotin to the regimen. I think, though, when I run out of Skin Eternal Plus this time, I'm going to alter my regimen. As much as I love SEP and everything it has done for my hair skin and nails, I want something a little cheaper. I pay about half the retail price for it by buying on-line, and it's still over $20 for a month's supply.
I'm searching around for replacements now--part of me wonders if the REAL reason I want to switch is so I can spend hours looking at vitamin websites :lol:

LABETT

I am doing great I plan to order three more boxes of Viviscal this month this has made a big difference with my hair less shedding and increased growth
rate I only wished I used them last year.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I'm still taking my prenatal vits and re-started Viviscal. Pregnancy has definitely kept me on track because the supps are for something more important than my hair (did I just say that? lol).:)

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
divine said:
I've got different vitamins two weeks ago, and plan on doing my own vitamin challenge.

I, too, got different vitamins (Plus a protein shake) and started my own vitamin challenge today. :) I hope to stick with it for at least 3 months.

divine

CurlyCrly said:
I, too, got different vitamins (Plus a protein shake) and started my own vitamin challenge today. :) I hope to stick with it for at least 3 months.

What type of vitamins did you get ?

CurlyCrly

I switched to powdered MSM (vitamin shoppe). I am able to add it to my water and drink it. Can't taste a thing. Much better than taking the pills and it doesn't have the added ingredients!

Protein Shake (42 gm)
Mix these in my shake:
B-complex 100 mg (I used to take these, but stopped. Back on them again.)
Magnesium/Calcium/Vit. D (liquid - orange flavored)
Panthothenic Acid 500 mg (capsule)
Biotin 5 mg (capsule)
Omega-3 Fish Oil 1 tsp

I was already taking:
Vit. C (1500 mg)
Calcium (won't be taking this after next week.)
Multi-vitamin
Lutein

Peachtree

CurlyCrly said:
I switched to powdered MSM (vitamin shoppe). I am able to add it to my water and drink it. Can't taste a thing. Much better than taking the pills and it doesn't have the added ingredients!

I may have to try the powdered MSM. :scratchchin:

CurlyCrly

Peachtree said:
I may have to try the powdered MSM. :scratchchin:

Some posters have said that their powdered MSM tastes bitter...awful. I guess I got lucky. I'm not sure if their's had other ingredients besides MSM though. I have taken the pills (PP and GNC brands) before, and I could always taste something as they were going down. I paid more than the prices I've seen online, but I really don't want to get into ordering vitamins online again. Plus, vitamin shoppe said they accept returns.

divine

CurlyCrly said:

Protein Shake (42 gm)
Mix these in my shake:
B-complex 100 mg (I used to take these, but stopped. Back on them again.)
Magnesium/Calcium/Vit. D (liquid - orange flavored)
Panthothenic Acid 500 mg (capsule)
Biotin 5 mg (capsule)
Omega-3 Fish Oil 1 tsp

I was already taking:
Vit. C (1500 mg)
Calcium (won't be taking this after next week.)
Multi-vitamin
Lutein

I have the pill form of MSM from the vitamin shoppe. How are the protein shakes ?

CurlyCrly

divine, they are the best tasting shakes I've ever tasted. I got Chocolate Charge. Mind you, I've only tried three other shakes from other places, but they were all yucky! The brand that I got from the Vitamin Shoppe is Tech X, by BodyTech. It comes in 20 packets. It was $24.99 (on sale I think). I told him that I was concerned about the flavor and he said they were returnable, so I got them. They have a lite version which is 20 gms of protein, I think. Mine is 42 gms, but he suggested that I can use half if I want 20 gms of protein and get 40 servings instead of 20. So far, I have used the whole packet. That's mainly to hide the omega-3 fish oil that I mix into it. I may buy some chocolate flavoring or something. Actually, the orange flavored calcium/magnesium/vit. D helped with flavor masking. It is a meal replacement shake, rather than just a protein shake. It has 290 calories, with 30 from fat. It has 35% of many vitamins.

Here it is: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/browse...GXK?SkuID=148243&BreadCrumbType=SearchResult

Last edited:

divine

CurlyCrly said:
divine, they are the best tasting shakes I've ever tasted. I got Chocolate Charge. Mind you, I've only tried three other shakes from other places, but they were all yucky! The brand that I got from the Vitamin Shoppe is Tech X, by BodyTech. It comes in 20 packets. It was $24.99 (on sale I think). I told him that I was concerned about the flavor and he said they were returnable, so I got them. They have a lite version which is 20 gms of protein, I think. Mine is 42 gms, but he suggested that I can use half if I want 20 gms of protein and get 40 servings instead of 20. So far, I have used the whole packet. That's mainly to hide the omega-3 fish oil that I mix into it. I may buy some chocolate flavoring or something. Actually, the orange flavored calcium/magnesium/vit. D helped with flavor masking. It is a meal replacement shake, rather than just a protein shake. It has 290 calories, with 30 from fat. It has 35% of many vitamins.

Here it is: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/browse...GXK?SkuID=148243&BreadCrumbType=SearchResult

I'm going to try them when my dad puts some money in my account next month.

CurlyCrly

I just realized that I haven't tried the shake without the fish oil. Perhaps I will do that so that I can give a review of what it tastes like on its own. Even with the fish oil (yuck), it goes down better than other shakes I've tried.

I bought a mixer (Personal Power Mixer) while I was there too. I have a shaker, but wanted to try the mixer to see how it worked. It mixed it up very well. It came out semi-thick, smooth, creamy, and non-gritty. The mixer was $7.50 and needs 4 AA batteries. That's a lot of money for a shake mixer, but I didn't want to leave myself any "outs" for not continuing this new regimen. :)

Edited to add: I don't know if items purchased online are returnable. I was in the store and the salesperson said that I can return the shake mix to them if I didn't like it.

divine

CurlyCrly said:
I just realized that I haven't tried the shake without the fish oil. Perhaps I will do that so that I can give a review of what it tastes like on its own. Even with the fish oil (yuck), it goes down better than other shakes I've tried.

I bought a mixer (Personal Power Mixer) while I was there too. I have a shaker, but wanted to try the mixer to see how it worked. It mixed it up very well. It came out semi-thick, smooth, creamy, and non-gritty. The mixer was $7.50 and needs 4 AA batteries. That's a lot of money for a shake mixer, but I didn't want to leave myself any "outs" for not continuing this new regimen. :)

Edited to add: I don't know if items purchased online are returnable. I was in the store and the salesperson said that I can return the shake mix to them if I didn't like it.

Have you seen good results with it ?

CurlyCrly

I just started using it Friday, April 8th. lol

We shall see. I have a 20 day supply, unless I decide to use half a packet....which I may just decide to do. I would like to try doing this for two or three months, along with my new vitamin regimen.

CurlyCrly

I tried the shake (chocolate charge) today for the first time without the fish oil and orange flavored calcium/magnesium/vitamin D added. The shake is still good to me, but there is a slight aftertaste. I think it's from the artificial sweetner (Splenda). It's a keeper for me though.

Kalani

I've been doing well! The last few weeks I've been drinking daily protein shakes as well. I plan to continue with the vitamins after the challenge but I'll try to keep it simple as possible. It is truly a challenge to take a group of different pills on a regular and consistent basis!

CurlyCrly

dtachi said:
I've been doing well! The last few weeks I've been drinking daily protein shakes as well. I plan to continue with the vitamins after the challenge but I'll try to keep it simple as possible. It is truly a challenge to take a group of different pills on a regular and consistent basis!

yes, I agree. That's why I decided to change my regimen and pills, so that I can put most of them in my shake. After this week, I will only be taking a multi, lutien and vitamin c as pills. Everything else will be thrown into my shake or my water and taken throughout the day. :) I simply cannot choke down all those pills on a regular basis.

divine

CurlyCrly said:
I tried the shake (chocolate charge) today for the first time without the fish oil and orange flavored calcium/magnesium/vitamin D added. The shake is still good to me, but there is a slight aftertaste. I think it's from the artificial sweetner (Splenda). It's a keeper for me though.

I talked my mom into ordering it for me now, so I hope I like it.

Kalani

CurlyCrly said:
yes, I agree. That's why I decided to change my regimen and pills, so that I can put most of them in my shake. After this week, I will only be taking a multi, lutien and vitamin c as pills. Everything else will be thrown into my shake or my water and taken throughout the day. :) I simply cannot choke down all those pills on a regular basis.

You put the vitamins(like actual pills) in your shake or the vitamins are already included in nutritional content of the shake? I'm curious to know!
I know my protein shakes already have a certain amount of vitamins in them, but I never thought about adding to it.

CurlyCrly

My biotin (5 mg) and panthothenic acid (500 mg) come in capsules, so I open them up and pour the powder in my shake. The calcium/magnesium/vit. D is an orange flavored liquid and I pour that in as well. The omega-3 fish oil is a liquid and I pour that in too. The MSM is a powder, so that goes in the shake and in my drinking water. :) My shakes contain vitamins, minerals, protein, carbs, and fat.

CurlyCrly

divine said:
I talked my mom into ordering it for me now, so I hope I like it.

I hope so too! It's really a keeper for me. I am getting all of my protein for the day in one shake. With the 8 oz of milk, it comes to 52 grams of protein. I have decided to use it as a meal replacement since it says that's what it is. I can stand to lose 10 or 15 pounds. I may try the strawberry next time.

You may have been able to find it locally...to save on shipping costs.

divine

CurlyCrly said:
I hope so too! It's really a keeper for me. I am getting all of my protein for the day in one shake. With the 8 oz of milk, it comes to 52 grams of protein. I have decided to use it as a meal replacement since it says that's what it is. I can stand to lose 10 or 15 pounds. I may try the strawberry next time.

You may have been able to find it locally...to save on shipping costs.

I stay in the country, so I have to order everything.