30 Something Ladies, Check In Here!

laketta

I am 31 and I am still trying to get some regimen down but what my hair has told me over the years since I went natural is to leave it the hell alone. I am finally listening. lol

'Allo!

I am new here. I've been lurking for quite a bit and I must say you ladies are quite the superstars!

I am very glad that I finally subscribed and wish to personally thank you for all of the advice and the fun I get on this board.

I am going to be 36 on 9/11 and rather proud of it I am! Since joining LHCF the biggest lesson I've learned is preventing overlapping when doing a relaxer retouch.

I've had quite a turn with that, having recently suffered a mishap two months ago. I think during the smoothing process, I probably "smoothed" a little too well and my hair on the right side of my hair and the back right of my hair literally "cut" right at the line of demarcation! :ohwell:

Not very amused I was, so I am back to putting my hair in a protective style with a human hair pony tail and currently using my Gro-Aut oils to re-grow the area. But I think I have "pj-ism" I think you call it! I too have been bitten by the OCT and MT bug! I placed my orders last week and am looking forward to them getting here.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the advice and the wisdom!

Platinum

'Allo!

I am new here. I've been lurking for quite a bit and I must say you ladies are quite the superstars!

I am very glad that I finally subscribed and wish to personally thank you for all of the advice and the fun I get on this board.

I am going to be 36 on 9/11 and rather proud of it I am! Since joining LHCF the biggest lesson I've learned is preventing overlapping when doing a relaxer retouch.

I've had quite a turn with that, having recently suffered a mishap two months ago. I think during the smoothing process, I probably "smoothed" a little too well and my hair on the right side of my hair and the back right of my hair literally "cut" right at the line of demarcation! :ohwell:

Not very amused I was, so I am back to putting my hair in a protective style with a human hair pony tail and currently using my Gro-Aut oils to re-grow the area. But I think I have "pj-ism" I think you call it! I too have been bitten by the OCT and MT bug! I placed my orders last week and am looking forward to them getting here.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the advice and the wisdom!

Welcome to LHCF!:grin:

Sepia_Rose

:wave:

I just turned 30 and I've been lurking since forever but finally decided to join this year. Sooo glad I did and as soon as I get the hang of uploading pics I'ma be showing off the progress you ladies have helped me make :grin:

LovelyLionessa

I'm 32. :grin:

I'm relaxed and MBL. I'm happy with my length, I'm just letting my hair grow and do its thing while focusing on keeping it healthy from root to tip.

What I've learned:
  • to avoid combing dry hair
  • applying conditioner as leave-in keeps hair smooth & moisturized
  • I can be stylist free and self relax (w/DH's help!)
  • braidouts & rollersets rock

Platinum

:wave:

I just turned 30 and I've been lurking since forever but finally decided to join this year. Sooo glad I did and as soon as I get the hang of uploading pics I'ma be showing off the progress you ladies have helped me make :grin:

Welcome and Happy Belated Birthday!

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
I am 31 and I am natural. I have been growing my hair for 10 years. It is almosy waist length, I press it every three weeks. I am trying to grow it back to tailbone length. I just had a baby 7 months ago, and I had alot of post partum shedding. So it is not as thick as I want it to be. My regime is simple and I don't use alot of products.

bermudabeauty

30 will be 31 in a few weeks. I have only been on this website a few weeks. I am a relaxed head. The thing I have learned is how to better moisturize my hair and give myself a more affective relaxer. These ladies have a lot of information wish I knew about this website years ago.

SUPER SWEET

36:grin:
What is the status of your hair? I am on my way to natural. I cant tell how many inches of new growth i have yet. But my relaxed hair looks frail and thin!

What is your length goal? I can't say. I would relax again because Ive learned so many things here that I was doing wrong while relaxed.It's almost a challenge to start fresh again.

Share any tips and feel free to ask questions as well. Don't forget to include your age.
Ive learned :
natural hair can use heat and not get damaged
Rollersetting is not as hard as it looks
Dry hair can be tamed
Reviewed products otherwise I wouldnt have known about

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
Turning 35 in two weeks!

Status of Hair: Texturized. Shoulder length stretched. I am also working at trimming away my damaged ends from a bad at home colour job 6 months ago using Natural Instincts :wallbash:. A major setback.

Length Goal - BSL unstretched curls

What I've Learned:

1. Avoid heat as much as possible

2. Vegetable Glycerine is a miracle and is my hair drug. I add it to daily conditioners, deep conditioners, everything!!

3. Colouring my hair at home with a cheap product (Natural Instincts) not only changed its texture, but made it extremely rough and extremely dry. :nono:

4. Know when to stop purchasing and start using up products. The trial and error of finding the right products/regime can be very expensive, especially when money is tight.

5. When I made my hair a priority, the results followed. :spinning:

e$h

This is a spin-off from the 40 something thread. What have you learned since you've become a LHCF member. What is the status of your hair? What is your length goal? Share any tips and feel free to ask questions as well. Don't forget to include your age.

I'm 35. I'm newly relaxed (just ended a 25 week transition :grin:) neck length now and I hope to make it to SL by December 2008. My ultimate goal is "Waist Length".:yep: I don't have any tips because I'm still learning.

Anyone else?

I am 30 and in August makes it a whole two years that I have been on this board. I'm relaxed and have been most of my life. When I first started the board I was SL but I hope to make it to WL. Since being on the board I have learned that I can wash my hair everyday. I always thought and believed that washing hair everyday was for the white folk:spinning:. Soooo not true obviously. I never knew or even thought to deep condition my hair before actually shampooing it or not even using poo at all. Last but definitely not least, I never even thought to deep condition on dry hair. That right there saves me more time than jumping in and outta the shower.

Maa Maa omo mti

newly 32 APL going on BSL texlexer

good things happens to those who wait. good hair takes time and patience. less heat, condition as much as possible, and anyone's hair can grow.

eta: simple is sooo much better.

Butterfly08

Ok I'm really pissed at my computer, I typed a loooooooooong post and it just disappeared!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Anyway :rolleyes: I'm 33 and I've learned a lot since lurking and joining here. I have started cowashing daily and my hair is so moisturized and easier to handle.

I cut off beyond BSL hair 3 years ago because of a "mid-life crisis" when I turned 30. :ohwell: I started cutting a lot of crap out of my life and unfortunately my hair was one of the casualties. What I wish I had known then was that I could've just layered my hair to get a fresh look. Anyway, you live and you learn. :yep:

My end of the year goal is to reach BSL. By May 2009 I want to be at full thick BSL, and by December 2009 I want to be MBL.

I am currently about 1 inch above BSL.

Some of the things I have learned are that cheap products like V05 and Herbal Essence don't work on me. :nono: I have found my staples: Aveda (everything except Sap Moss line, esp Damage Remedy and Elixir), Joico K-Pak, Pibbs 512, Chi Silk Infusion, Kiehls Silk Groom, and VS So Sexy Nourishing conditioner.

Most importantly, I am learning to enjoy the hair growing process. :drunk:

Butterfly08

I am 31 and I am natural. I have been growing my hair for 10 years. It is almosy waist length, I press it every three weeks. I am trying to grow it back to tailbone length. I just had a baby 7 months ago, and I had alot of post partum shedding. So it is not as thick as I want it to be. My regime is simple and I don't use alot of products.

Wow, love your hair! :yep: Where did you grow it out from?

metro_qt

I'm 31.

I'm just reaching brastrap right now, and really i've been trying to get back to the length I was when I was 17/18.
I was waistlength/tailbone length, but i sooo didn't appreciate my hair.

In the last 10 years, I've done everything under the sun to my hair...
Since joining the LHCF, i've upped my game with moisterizing, etc,
but in the last 2 years, after a couple of mishaps, i'm just keeping it simple.
REAL SIMPLE.

for my hair, the less manipulation is better,
In the last 6 months i've realized how to detangle my hair better so that i don't cause huge clumps to fall out:ohwell:

so i'm still learning, and growing...

Tips i'm taking with me into the rest of my 30's
-oils for the hair
-a great detangling tool (denman brush)
-megatek :giggle:
-patience. Lots of it.

I will make my goal.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Hi I am 32 and in the middle of a 15 week strecth between perms. I have learned that co washing is my recently dyed hairs best friend along with deep conditioning. I am a newbie so I learn something everyday. Wish I would have learned about this website a long time ago.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm 34. I wish I had gotten started on this in high school. I'd have hurr down to da butt cheeks by now lol.

This is what I've learned:
*I've learned to do what works for my hair
*Jumping on bandwagons could leave you bald and broke. :lachen:
*Cheapies can be goodies if tweaked
*Haircare is a real pick me up. DC'ing has become less of a chore and more of a treat!
*My scalp loves oil and my ends love grease.

Energist

I am 31 and am just scraping MBL, my ultimate goal is WL.

I have learned a lot about retaining growth on this site, have been introduced to the wonderful world of ayurveda, have also realized that I do not need to use heat on my hair all of the time, and that it's not a crime to k.i.s.s :)

Son26

I'm 32. My hair was healthy before I joined this site, but I did learn how important it is to protect my ends. I'm APL in the front and 2 or 3 inches from APL in the back. My goal is to be full APL.

Well, I wish I would have found this site even 6 months ago. I was destroying my hair for years and didn't even realize it. I've learned a new method of "shampooing" called the co-wash. I've only learned about it's benefits a week ago and I've been practicing. In the 2 weeks I've been a member I've learned what to do to stop the shedding and how to wash gently. In 6-7 months my friends will all be asking me a whole lot of questions. :yep:

Iluvsmuhgrass

I am 33 and am soon to relax. I'm learning my hair and absolutely loving WEN. I'm bringing my hair back from the brink of hades lol. I haven't ironed out a really great regimen but I'm getting there. :yep:

Let's hear it for do-it-yourself'ers!!! Woot! :grin:

Yep this is a re-post but I've grown since I last posted :lol:

Last edited: