30 Something Ladies, Check In Here!

prettybyrd

Hey! 32 checking in!

What is the status of your hair?
Natural, TWA - almost three inches. Pretty healthy, need some help on the edges but pretty! :)

What is your length goal?
I didn't have a goal for a while, but I would love to be WSL. I can't wait to start growing in my edges and attaining/retaining my length.

Share any tips and feel free to ask questions as well.
Moisture is you hair's best friend.
Protective styling for your TWA can be a challenge if you don't like wigs/braids/weaves...
Well pictured Fotki's are a blessing!

Vashti

Checking in!

I'm 36 and I have been on my HHJ for two months so I'm still learning!

I would say the status of my hair is that it is in pretty good shape and looks and feels healthy right now. I no longer get breakage or huge knots and it stays moisturized these days. It's pretty uneven though.
I have EL and NL hair. :drunk:

My overall length goal is MBL but I hope to reach APL by this time next year.

Tips? I'm still a newbie at this but I guess I would say that deep conditioning each week and moisturizing every day, eating nutritious foods and protecting my hair with silk and satin scarves while I sleep is what saved my hair and keeps it strong.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

37.5 years young.

current length: SL, 1.5" till APL

Goal, BSL and beyond

currently transitioning, and hoping to be a MBL natural for my 40th birthday.

Last edited:

purplepeace79

I'm 30, 31 April 6
I'm between SL and APL stretched
My ultimate goal is BSL or WL stretched, at which point I will more than likely cut it all off and try something new lol
I've always prefered short hair, but I decided to grow my hair out to do something different, challenge myself a bit. That's why I came to LHCF. Ive gathered GREAT information on products. Ive been doing hair since I was a kid and I've been natural for about 15 years, so styling was never my issue. I just wanted more insight into products I might not have heard of and techniques/processes that might encourage growth.

My best tips:
Stick with your regimen if it works.
Manipulate as little as possible.
Keep heat to an ultimate minimum.

mkd

31 years old.

current length: very close to MBL if not there

Goal, Not sure yet, no longer than WL.

Natural for the past 14 years.

Mdmommy99

I have been 30 for 16 days now-lol. I am between sl and apl and haven't relaxed in almost 10 years.
I just joined in December. My goal is to be APL by Dec. 2010 but I think my longest layers at least will get there before then (fingers crossed). My ultimate goal is probably MBL.
I'm still trying to nail down a good reggie but right now I'm washing and DC one time per week, usually cowash once in between. Seal ends daily with either coconut oil or EVOO. I alternate between twists and buns for protective styling.

beans4reezy

This is a spin-off from the 40 something thread. What have you learned since you've become a LHCF member. What is the status of your hair? What is your length goal? Share any tips and feel free to ask questions as well. Don't forget to include your age.

Heeeey! Checking in at 32 years old. Joined LHCF at 31. Right now, I am at APL, striving for BSL this year. I've learned everything about hair care since joining. I didn't know a darn thing before joining this site.

My ultimate goal is MBL and I will get there, one strand at a time. :yep:

Tinkerbell19

hey ladies!!
im 32, natural, apl hoping to be full/blunt mbl um lets see i have learned about so many variety's of ps and of course i have become a product junkie and loving it!!

KaramelDiva1978

Oh I love you, my 30 something naturals!!! Is that what it is? I hit 30 and finally my senses tune in and I realize I don't like growing my hair out to near MBL and seeing that the last 5 inches or so are completely thinned out. So I've pixie cut and am currently growing out the relaxer. I am 32 y/o and found LHCF in 2007 and BHM in 2005, grew out to an inch above MBL and cut in a bob in 2008 pixie in 2009.

My hair is very thick when short and fairly healthy except when I use too much heat. So I do what my hair likes and it thrives. I wish I had embraced being natural w/hair health for me and my 7 y/o dd at least 2 years ago, we would be experiencing happy hair joy right now.

My goal length is natural APL, unstretched by 35!!! Taking it one step at a time and aiming for SL by 12/2010.

wheezy807

I'm 30, relaxed, healthy bsl maybe midback (i dunno) hair.
My ultimate goal is WL which i hope to achieve by the end of this year.
Deep conditioning atleast once a week has been my best friend so that's my tip.

~NanCeBoTwin~

Hi Ladies...I'm 32.

What is the status of your hair? I'm 14 weeks into my second 30+ week stretch. My hair is in very good shape right now.

What is your length goal? I don't have a true length goal, I'm pretty much just growing until.....I decide I've had enough.

Uber

Hey all!!! I like this thread!

I am 32

I moisturise more but I am soooo the opposite of a product junkie so I haven't got enough patience to learn about growth aids etc etc

My hair is natural 4a, few inches below shoulder length and I want to hit APL by Dec 2010. I think I may be in between SL and APL, not too sure though. I have always more or less been this length. I am seriously considering relaxing at the moment. My first goal is MBL after that I suppose I would love waistlength. So yeh, now this thread has got me thinking about it, my ultimate goal is WL

Platinum

I just realized that my hair has been chemically treated for almost 30 years. During this time, I don't think my hair has ever been longer than SL.:sad: Also, since I've been transitioning, I have fallen in love with my teeny-tiny coils. At first, I set my goal at WL, but I really want to see how long it can grow.

Alta Angel

Transitioning for 10 months to date. My new growth in front is a bit over 4 inches, my new growth in back is at 5 inches.

For now, I am waiting to mini-BC once I reach shoulder length stretched. My ultimate goal is mid back length.

Transition tips:
You are never too old to transition!
Washing, conditioning and moisturizing my hair in 6-8 braided sections has been a lifesaver.
My hair steamer is the single best purchase I have made for my hair.
Moisture, moisture, moisture!
Encourage yourself...even when the world tells you otherwise!

Last edited:

NikStarrr

I'm 32 yrs old. My hair is natural and BSB length (just a couple inches from BSL, yay). BSL is my goal. Don't need anymore hair than that. haha

Eisani

I'm 30, 31 April 6
I'm between SL and APL stretched
My ultimate goal is BSL or WL stretched, at which point I will more than likely cut it all off and try something new lol
I've always prefered short hair, but I decided to grow my hair out to do something different, challenge myself a bit. That's why I came to LHCF. Ive gathered GREAT information on products. Ive been doing hair since I was a kid and I've been natural for about 15 years, so styling was never my issue. I just wanted more insight into products I might not have heard of and techniques/processes that might encourage growth.

My best tips:
Stick with your regimen if it works.
Manipulate as little as possible.
Keep heat to an ultimate minimum.
We are exactly one week apart, to the day.

I am between bsl and mbl, now officially relaxer-free :grin:
I've already met my goal length of wl, chopped back to bsl, and I think I just want to maintain somewhere in between bsl and mbl.
Pre-poo, dc's, cowashing and protective styling have been my lifeline. I don't do a whole lot of extra, and there's no need.
VERY little heat, protecting my ends and keeping my hair moist are what I attribute to length retention, even through an extended transition.

so1913

Natural, APL, healthy

BSL

Keeping it simple makes it easier to stick to good hair care practices, which leads to success in making progress in your journey.

Sade'

I am 32 years old.
I began transitioning from relaxed to natural in September 2007.
My hair loves s-Curl no drip.
My scalp requires a lot of attention.
I suffer from alopecia, so laying off the relaxers was a no brainer
I have learned that less is more when it come to manipilation.
I love this board, it keeps me focused.
I don't envy the women on here w/ long hair, they motivate me.
My hair was once APL and now I can't seem to pass CBL, but with patience I will.
I am a 3c/4a texture.
Heat is NOT my friend.
Protective styling is my BFF!
Moisture is great and oil is the BEST for my hair. (Castor Oil)
My hair really thrives when I eat right and exercise often.
And lastly, I have learned to STOP worrying about what others expect of my hair & appearance. That is why it stayed damaged. Trying to achieve this LOOK. It's time to do me! :drunk:

Janet'

Hey, hey, 31!!!

Current Length: Grazing APL:grin:

Goal Length: Hip Length

Tips/Questions: Find a good regimen and stick with it...sometimes we can always be on the hunt for the next best thing- when what we've got is pretty darn good!

HHG!!!:yep::yep::yep:

natural_one

Hi. I'm 32.

I BC'd Aug 2009 down to 2 inches on the top and around the sides less than 1/2 inch.

My goal is to have a BAA sometime next year, so I have been using jherri juice and coconut oil for moisturizing. I need to start DC, but I just never think about it.

My tips: Oil rinses, co-washing, and keeping it simple.

Diva_Esq

What have you learned since you've become a LHCF member: Wow! So much stuff...about protective styling, products, moisture/ protein balance, hair types, and the mental transition toward naturality! I love this board! It's my hair "bible!"

What is the status of your hair? I am APL and transitioning (46 weeks/ 10 1/2 weeks post relaxer). I plan to BC on April 24th, just shy of my 1 year mark. I wet bun a lot and occasionally wear my hair flat ironed. I'd like to try a ponytail rollerset before I do my BC and some rod sets on short bc'd hair after.

What is your length goal? MY goal length is eventually MBL-WL all natural by my January 13, 2013 (Oo-oop!)! :)

Age: 34 (otherwise known as 20-14! :D) Still young at heart. I'll be 35 on June 11 and I refuse to bring relaxed ends into this landmark birthday!

NikkiGirl

Hey Ladies,

Checking in, I am 31. I have learned that I really don't need to mess with my hair a lot to get good growth. I stick to bunning and cowashing. I only DC about every week to two weeks. My hair is half an inch from BSL. My natural texture is like a 3b. I know since I went natural a few years back.

I started my journey in September after a cut that took me an inch pat shoulder. The biggest thing I have learned is my hair doesn't like too much heat. I can sometimes skip conditioning (lazy) and sometimes skip the co-washing, but my hair doesn't like heat too much. I get splits easily. Anyway, I love it here all the ladies are so encouraging and it is inspirational to see such long lengths.

Oh, my length goal is MBL, we will see what happens after that. I have been there before, but got a bob cut. Anyway, I have layers so I might start blunt cutting all growth after MBL or wait until I reach waist to do it. I don't know. I also think two inches below MBL would be nice place to start keeping length and blunt cutting. Sorry, I am rambling. I change my mind too much.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Current Length: BSB for what feels like FOREVER!:look:
Goal Length: MBL

I'm 32, I love me some natural hair, I was going to transition without the BC, but after 20 weeks post, I was moisturizing and notice that a little bit of my hair was breaking! So I literally relaxed the next day:lachen:. I have to admit that after the long stretch my hair is thicker and looks MUCH healthier than before. I was moisturizing like crazy, but my slow behind soon learned, that working out in the morning and not cowashing for a few days was the culprit (gross). Lesson Learned:rolleyes:

I now use conditioners that wasn't on my top 5 and use those as pre-poos in the morning at the gym. After my workout, I cowash with one of my favorite conditioners, apply curlfree God, bun, wig cap, wig...My hair is looking/feeling better than ever. I may try to transition again, we'll see.