How many inches per month?

• 2 inch per month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than the above per month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alta Angel

I get .5 inch per month in the middle and nape sections. The front is a bit slower. At 13months, my new growth in the front is barely 6 inches.

ms.blue

Majority of my head(especially the crown) I get 1/2 inch a month but the front is about 1/4.

Last edited:

nymane

About .5 per month (even though my growth is not equal each month) and I end up with about 7 inches per year

levone

I think I get about the average 1/2 in. per month, but there are certain sections that grow a little slower than that, I think. My crown grows faster for some reason, but it's also the 'kinkiest' texture.

Mazza64

I get around .5"-1" a month.
I'm still trying to work out the back of my hair as it will crawl a long doing it's own thing then wham out of know where I have an extra 1.5" of growth. Now I'm on my HHJ I will try and retain it as before I would cut it back to even up my bob:nono:

Bun Mistress

I don't measure montly but last year I got about 4.5 inches pretty much all around. And that is measureing my "new growth from the start of my transition.

Eclass215

I get about an average of .5 inch per month, but my left side grows slower than my right - it's also a kinkier texture.

SingBrina

I get around .5"-1" a month.
I'm still trying to work out the back of my hair as it will crawl a long doing it's own thing then wham out of know where I have an extra 1.5" of growth. Now I'm on my HHJ I will try and retain it as before I would cut it back to even up my bob:nono:

HHJ? What is that?

ChristmasCarol

I thought most hair grew at the same rate (about 1/2" per month), regardless of texture -at least that's what I've been hearing for the past year. Does curl diameter have something to do with growth rate?

KurlyNinja

I know I have to be 4a even though I'm still transitioning. I get about .5-.75" a month expect the very front that just wants to drag along. It gets about .25" a month.

SingBrina

I thought most hair grew at the same rate (about 1/2" per month), regardless of texture -at least that's what I've been hearing for the past year. Does curl diameter have something to do with growth rate?

My friend said her hair grows 8inches every six months.... so hers is like 1.3 inches per month... when she was younger she said it was 8inches every three months, I was like wow! So I wanted to do a thread on it. She is mixed with Indian. Has like type 3c hair.

ChristmasCarol

My friend said her hair grows 8inches every six months.... so hers is like 1.3 inches per month... when she was younger she said it was 8inches every three months, I was like wow! So I wanted to do a thread on it. She is mixed with Indian. Has like type 3c hair.

I think your friend is just a fast grower - if, in fact, her hair grows 16 inches/year!

My hair grows about 8-9" each year, as does my daughters. We all have different textures (ranging from 3a to 4a), BTW. I figure we have similar rates because of genetics, not texture differences.

Where da' experts at?

CA*Nappy

Yes, I also wish there was a box for less than .05 per month. Since my BC I think I am only getting about 4 in a year.

SingBrina

I think your friend is just a fast grower - if, in fact, her hair grows 16 inches/year!

My hair grows about 8-9" each year, as does my daughters. We all have different textures (ranging from 3a to 4a), BTW. I figure we have similar rates because of genetics, not texture differences.

Where da' experts at?

Yeah genetics I do agree, I just wanted to throw in the hair type and that she is mixed with Indian because it gives an idea, and in my opinon that has a lil something to do with it to... idk, but just an opinion. lol :yep:

MizAvalon

Did you ever see any proof of that? I find it difficult to believe that she got 32 inches of growth in a year. Wouldn't she be in the Guinness Book of World records or something?